Wira 1.5 Auto 1999 crazy problem

Mar 25, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I would like to know where there any solution for my car with problem at below:
Proton Wira 1.5 Auto 1999
The issue I having here is the car can't start. The car drive for 5min, stop the car (around 5min) then the car can't be started. Then need to wait for 10 to 20min lets the engine cool down, the car will start again, once the car start, the car can drive smoothly without any issue. Only when stop for petrol the issue come again. Already try 3 mechanic, the problem still remain...... :s:

Hope any Sifu can give some tips over here.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Please elaborate on the 'car can't start' bit. Does it crank at all? Could it be that your pinion gear is stuck?

kiling

Mar 25, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
The car can't be start which means engine can't start up. Feel like battery flat. If this happen more frequency then even the car can't start at the 1st time.
Here is some I do:
- Already change the alternate ( but problem still exist, so the alternate restore to original )
- The wires checked with no issue.
- The computer board card also change ( but problem still exist, so restore to original )
- Checked plug and wires with no issue, the plug able to spark during the key turn on to start.
- Just change new battery, the issue still exist.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
The car can't be start which means engine can't start up. Feel like battery flat. If this happen more frequency then even the car can't start at the 1st time.
Here is some I do:
- Already change the alternate ( but problem still exist, so the alternate restore to original )
- The wires checked with no issue.
- The computer board card also change ( but problem still exist, so restore to original )
- Checked plug and wires with no issue, the plug able to spark during the key turn on to start.
- Just change new battery, the issue still exist.
have u tried the starter itself, don't have to change the starter yet, just try to add a relay to get direct power from batt to starter:idea:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I meant the starter motor's pinion gear. The one that gets pushed towards the flywheel by the solenoid when you attempt to start your car.

When you attempt to start, you only get a slight clicking sound, rite?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
It you means no sound at all when you turn the key, then by what you have posted looks like starter problem. Cannot be 3 mechanics also cannot detect.
1. You can try bro. twistedichc post of adding a relay with direct cable to the starter
2. Service the starter
3. If the above 1. & 2. still do not work, change the starter

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Gently give few Taps to the end of the starter with wood and try cranking

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I replied in the other thread. But lets continue talking here.

When you can't start - does it crank? Or no cranking noise at all? Give more description la. What have you done to the car? Eagle eye headlamps? (Known to be big time ampere suckers) anything replaced with recon parts recently? Mods? Give more details.

Assuming you get cranking and it can't fire up, distributor. Sounds like when its hot the contact separates somehow, then once it cools down the contact is back. Sounds like a contact problem.

Assuming there's no cranking or super weak, it's probably your starter.

Also, possibly due to weak grounding or worn out grounding assuming you don't have an aftermarket grounding kit and if you do, is it wired up properly?

Too many possibilities la. And 3 mechs not being able to resolve your problem is absurd. Hope you didn't have to pay for their useless services.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Gently give few Taps to the end of the starter with wood and try cranking
My VR had that problem last year. Tap can start then after a few more times using tap method cannot already. Need to change the starter....:smokin:

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Tap start...and u know that somethg wrong with the starter motor itself...rather than change batt..altnator....like they said...try adding relay..its cheap...or service/replace the starter + relay kit.....start ur car like a boss

Tapping only work for starter with worn carbon brush iinm

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
try adding on a rm25 hks grounding cable 1st. I had starting issues with my atos previously, changed battery & starter but problem still persists, finally add on the grounding cable then everything was fine.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That used to work for me too. Sometimes don't work though. Finally replaced the starter.
Tap start...and u know that somethg wrong with the starter motor itself...rather than change batt..altnator....like they said...try adding relay..its cheap...or service/replace the starter + relay kit.....start ur car like a boss

Tapping only work for starter with worn carbon brush iinm
Yup, sometimes good for a quick fix, but like bro. synail mentioned, if need to do that something is wrong with the starter dy, cs better to service or change if cannot repair.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

try adding on a rm25 hks grounding cable 1st. I had starting issues with my atos previously, changed battery & starter but problem still persists, finally add on the grounding cable then everything was fine.
Nowadays got battery tester mah! Load test it and can know whether battery can still be used or not.
Yours maybe problem was the ground cable for Atos is too small....:biggrin:

kiling

Mar 25, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, Guys

Thanks for the tips here, just get back the car from the 3rd mechanic yesterday. Here what he done.
-Additional relay
-Change a starter
-Change a temperature sensor that which use to monitor the engine temperature.

As up to today , there is no more this issue. I personal think is the sensor issue which can cause the car can't start until heat up condition after off the engine.

But will try for more days since this issue repeated after few weeks last time.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi, Guys

Thanks for the tips here, just get back the car from the 3rd mechanic yesterday. Here what he done.
-Additional relay
-Change a starter
-Change a temperature sensor that which use to monitor the engine temperature.

As up to today , there is no more this issue. I personal think is the sensor issue which can cause the car can't start until heat up condition after off the engine.

But will try for more days since this issue repeated after few weeks last time.
Temperature sensor have no kill function. For engine unable to start due to heat means overheat already, by then your engine already gone....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2wwCwa0-FE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, you can now catch the latest of Zerotohundred.com snippets on the Big Screen at The Pavilion KL the next time you're enjoying a Frappe at Starbucks or a Pint at La Bodega. Thanks to the gigantic Brand@Vision's Sharp Aquos digital billboard display, you can now get a glimpse of the coolest side of cars that we dish out daily.

Alfresco dining at The Pavilion will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience