HELP, wira 1.6 problem

Jul 18, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all sifu here

i have got a old wira 1.6 model. Mileage 116k.

its been like a year since my car facing problem of:

1. exhaust smell came inside to car cabin, especially strong if i press slightly hard during acceleration or climbing uphill.
- my previous foreman had determine its TB problem and done service by replacing the gear inside, but the problem still on and off. Have changed the spark plug and cable to better one due to 'better fuel burning', still on and off. Air flow meter were also cleaned by spraying WD-40, same on and off. Was few days ago when the smell became extreme that it was like my exhaust pipe are directing inside to the cabin!

Right now almost everytime after i drive this car i got nausea and head spinning from the exhaust gas:sleep::sleep::sleep:, can any SIFU help me to rectify the root cause of this? i have tried to seek advice from 3 workshop but they seems like unable to really target and solved this.

p.s they checked the exhaust and say there is no leaking. how ever i found there is a hissing sound coming out from the TB area, hissing sound level changes when turning the screw to adjust idling RPM.

2. Just replace my timing belt set before Hari Raya, however i found that after changing there is a 'ngor ngor' sound coming out from the timing belt cover, foreman says it is normal?? But the sound wasnt there from i last remember. Is it really normal?

3. Whenever trying to go uphill, or accelerate, there is like a metal knocking sound from the engine, and a like plastic rattling sound. The plastic rattling sound is like 'tak tak tak' and its more consistent rather like the metal knocking sound which only occur during uphill and highspeed (70kmh>) time.But i have just replaced my dashboard cluster plastic a month ago due to many broken pin so it couldnt come from it right? Does this 2 sound mean its time for a top overhaul already? Or there is something else causing this?

Thousand of thanks in advance to all SIFU :adore::adore::adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi to all sifu here

i have got a old wira 1.6 model. Mileage 116k.

its been like a year since my car facing problem of:

1. exhaust smell came inside to car cabin, especially strong if i press slightly hard during acceleration or climbing uphill.
- my previous foreman had determine its TB problem and done service by replacing the gear inside, but the problem still on and off. Have changed the spark plug and cable to better one due to 'better fuel burning', still on and off. Air flow meter were also cleaned by spraying WD-40, same on and off. Was few days ago when the smell became extreme that it was like my exhaust pipe are directing inside to the cabin!

Right now almost everytime after i drive this car i got nausea and head spinning from the exhaust gas:sleep::sleep::sleep:, can any SIFU help me to rectify the root cause of this? i have tried to seek advice from 3 workshop but they seems like unable to really target and solved this.

p.s they checked the exhaust and say there is no leaking. how ever i found there is a hissing sound coming out from the TB area, hissing sound level changes when turning the screw to adjust idling RPM.
Personally, I think you have a problem with your aircon vent, the one that directs outside air into the cabin instead of recirculating. Then there's the other possibility of your extractor needs a new gasket. You probably have an exhaust leak somewhere either at the gasket area or something that's leaking exhaust into your engine bay where the aircon vent is channeling the air into the cabin.

Try playing with your recirculating / external air toggle. If it's set to recirculating, do you have problems with outside smell coming into the cabin when you follow a rubbish truck, or drive by a rubber plantation, etc? If yes your vent is shut open. You need to fix that.

2. Just replace my timing belt set before Hari Raya, however i found that after changing there is a 'ngor ngor' sound coming out from the timing belt cover, foreman says it is normal?? But the sound wasnt there from i last remember. Is it really normal?
That's not normal. Either the bearing somewhere is broken or the belt is rubbing the cover or something. Have someone else check it. Don't mess with the timing belt and get it fixed fast. This can be a very big bill if broken.

3. Whenever trying to go uphill, or accelerate, there is like a metal knocking sound from the engine, and a like plastic rattling sound. The plastic rattling sound is like 'tak tak tak' and its more consistent rather like the metal knocking sound which only occur during uphill and highspeed (70kmh>) time.But i have just replaced my dashboard cluster plastic a month ago due to many broken pin so it couldnt come from it right? Does this 2 sound mean its time for a top overhaul already? Or there is something else causing this?
Knocking / Pinging. Either your ignition timing needs retuning or you're using really bad petrol or you're not getting enough petrol in the combustion chamber. Check fuel injectors, ignition timing and try RON97 for a while and see.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I too think there is leak at exhaust gasket since you say more at harder acceleration.

Mrgi

Jul 18, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks to Izso vr2turbo. I am only able to send my car to workshop this Sat, so i will try to check all the above mention area and post the result here.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
send to other workshop and check again the timingbelt installation...

i'm afraid wrong marking or even worse belt didnt seat properly on pulley guide

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! agree with bro. pomen, the timing belt needs to be checked too. Should be quiet, ngor ngor noise means rubbing some where, or something out of alignment