RM1000 budget for 4ch AMP and SUB. Pls Recommend

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Hi there,

Can anyone please recommend me a 4ch amp and sub for around RM1000 which includes installation?

I would prefer more SPL to SQ, 75/25.

I normally listen to lots of RnB and Trance.

Just wanna get more tight bass out. Older and outdated models will do as long as its good and on par with my budget.

My current HU is an Alpine 9847 and I'm using stock speakers in a Perdana.

Is it possible to get a component speaker as well as a sub and 4ch amp for less than 1.5k? Anyone can recommend? Thats my budget and I hope to be able to get something decent out of it.

Cheers

takumi_86

Known Member
Apr 25, 2006
well as my opinion, u can get either calibre 4 channel for rm 800++,oxygen 12 inch at rm 210,amd a good 6.5 inch jbl componet set around rm 600. all caused around 1.6 k

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
spend more on the amp. on subs, just get cheap one but get two.

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
What subs are cheap but have decent SQ? And what other amp besides calibre?

There is a package now by blaupunkt, the velocity package going at RM2288, comes with 12" sub, amp and component speakers.

The model no. for respective parts are

1. VX 170.4 Component speakers
2. VXS 12" Sub
3. VD 504 Amp

The original price for this package is RM4274, now its RM2288

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
I think the Blaupunkt package is quite reasonable as I have auctioned the similar package from my friend's car.

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Did you manage to listen to the SQ of the system in your friends car before auctioning it off for him?

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Bro, I am not a car audio dealer here so there is no auctioning for whoever.Sorry for the typing error (it should be auditioned instead of auctioning) Anyway, everyone interprets SQ differently and there are many other variables affecting the audio signal as well besides the 'hardware'. For SPL, try to get the most powerful amps and subs you can afford with your budget. Personally, I think RM1'000 u will not get u very far for SPL settings. Cap ayam SWs easily go into distortion when u crank up the volume or the voice coil get fried easily. Bear in mind, try to get amps and SW that is suitable to each other's requirement.

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Hey Nicholas,

Alright, audtioned huh? so how did it go? I mean is it worth the RM2288? I think now its quite a decent deal, I listen to a variety of music, from trance, RnB to oldies.

Anyway, I'm a newbie when it comes to ICE, just want something better than the stock, I already spent RM900 for the HU, don't wanna go over RM4000 for the whole set.

What type of music did u test the on the velocity in your friends car?

Really wanna get feedback from you man.

Cheers

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
Zapco !! Zapco !! Zapco !!...

Ooops... topic said RM1k

:wink:

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
ha ha, yeah but i guess I cant seem to get anything decent for that price? ha ha

DJThoRmented

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
You... second hand ain't a bad thing

:wink:

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
I guarantee it is much better than your stock OEM if you get the Blaupunkt package as said. Well, that time I was listening to Mariah Carey's album which I presumed as R & B. No chance to test for other music genre. But u are paying RM2'288 and not RM1'000. By the way, RM1'000 to buy amp only? If u have not purchased anything, I mean upgraded speakers and SW, I think the Blaupunkt package is a deal.Rule of thumb applies. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

kacw

Known Member
May 6, 2006
Yeap, I have not upgraded anything yet, I just upgraded the HU to an Alpine 9847, so i guess I will have to fork out more for the package. Was the bass good? I prefer tight bass response to draggy ones, forgive me if i got my terms wrong.

lhsmedphy

Jan 3, 2006
kacw,

You can try pm mnkh0027 coz I remember he has one great SQ starter system at RM2380. Not sure whether it is still available or not.

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
kacw said:
Yeap, I have not upgraded anything yet, I just upgraded the HU to an Alpine 9847, so i guess I will have to fork out more for the package. Was the bass good? I prefer tight bass response to draggy ones, forgive me if i got my terms wrong.
The bass is tight (At least to my perception). I have only a 175W RMS 10" Eclipse SW and it had my rear view mirror shaking.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9yofbI9lCy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch Nico Rosberg in this Mercedes-Benz SLK advertisement chasing lady in masquerade, acted out by actress Fan BingBing. It was orgasmic to hear that SLK roar around the roads of Monaco. Very rare to find car chases like this! Great job by Mercedes-Benz on creating a creative ad like this.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience