on a budget...please help...

encomium

Known Member
Nov 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
i'm new to all this ICE, and to be honest i really only listen to the radio. But I need a new Head unit as mine seriously sucks! Japanese spec OEM only goes to 90mhz!!!

Anyway, been looking around online and stuff and I think I like:

Alpine CDE103 pr Pioneer 4250 (or something like that) but now i am also tempted by all this bluetooth nonsense (is it worth the couple hundred extra?)

Can someone recommend me a decent head unit that makes nice clean sound? USB port is also now a must and if it can interface with ipod/iphone even better!

Bluetooth is a luxury that I'm willing to pass on.

Budget approx RM500

Please help!

PS: I have a Rockford Fosgate punch 100 (i know it is old) but it is only driving a couple of 6" in door speakers and satellite tweeters. No Sub/bass speakers in my car :(

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the cd103 is a nice player, save up another 100 la, i think that player is around 600

encomium

Known Member
Nov 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
in the end it wasn't a CDE103 but a CDE101 which i went for. Not too bad....but already thinking about upgrading!!! :biggrin:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
haha welcome to the world of car audio

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce my Lancer will be going manual in about 2 weeks time. The faithful CVT remains excellent till this date after 12 years of service, i decided i needed something more engaging without changing another car. Lancer is my daily drive car so driving it manual is going to be a challenge for first few weeks. However i believe it would make me a much better driver.

From there, turboing the engine should not yield any much issue to the MT compared to CVT. Stay tuned.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience