Recommendations for used car under 25k

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Personal loan I saw some interest rate around 12%, where as new car loan around 2.5% right? Huge difference there.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hi Evo,

The Waja you are talking about is the Campro one or the older version?
the earlier model with mitsu 4g18p engine...very smooth yet powerful for manual tranny:driver: n easy maintenance...

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
That waja sounds good. My parents have a Waja '02 with auto transmission. Makan minyak banyak though. Besides that is the Perdana any good? Maintenance wise?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Bro, since you are with the government, apply personal loan and take a Civic EG. Can get a decent one with that price.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Thanks for the input so far. The matte black wira looks nice but i dont like aerobacks. Anyway any thoughts on the perdana? I like the more planted feel that it gives.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's a 2L. Don't expect FC to be fantastic in comparison with say a Satria or a EG.

Power delivery will be good but don't expect to give you the kind of rush you get from a Vtec or a VR4 engine.

and unless you know the history of the car or know the owner, Perdana's (the autos) 9/10 units have problematic gearboxes and are bloody expensive to fix.

My advice, since you're as young as you are, consider the Toyota SEG (1.6L) or a Honda for the sheer thrill of VTEC (but get the B16 at the very least la). Otherwise consider a Wira or a Satria (accident free) cuz they are the cheapest you can buy n parts are so abundant it's the cheapest car in M'sia to maintain. No joke. And if you're gung-ho, you can even DIY most of the stuff on Wiras / Satrias cuz there's so many experts out there.

Cefiro my uncle recently bought one. Had to change radiator, refurb the gearbox and the 2.0 is a tank on the road. FC is ridiculous. But on the highway and all it's extremely comfortable la. Perdana is no exception and pretty much shares the same benefits and cons, but one's a Nissan and one's a Proton. Mechanics and all will bound to treat you "differently" if you're not careful.

ya_aluya

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
kedah / miri
Visit site
I go for Perdana if only its equipped with 4g63T evo engine, the rest...better not...
civic eg is not bad man...
or toyota seg...
once u have extra money u can mod to b18cr or the 6 speed 4 throttle, respectively...

Like me, i apply for rm25k personal loan, than take the 15k car...i got extra 10k to mod...hehe

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I like those 90s car, like the especially the Honda Civic, the EKs and the EGs, and I think they looks especially nice. But as with all old cars, I fear they might have been abused by the previous owner, and most of the cheaper EKs are on auto.

The reason I'm considering a Perdana is because its comfortable, but also because I can install a NGV system and not worry about the FC at all.

I think if I could get a loan of 25k, perhaps I could get a stock Civic Ferio and work from there. Again, only worry is I would have to spend alot to fix it up.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i've post this before sumwhere..

get a KE70 original condition..

less than rm3k for the car & spend around rm2k for repairs..

RM5000 kautim :biggrin:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Seriously... take the Civic EG. You will not regret it unless you get one with a lot of problems. Most Civic's are whacked by now unless you can find one from an uncle or aunty.

Chevrolet Optra is indeed a great car. My uncle owns one since 2005 and it still runs great, quiet and power quite ok la. BUT maintaining it is not cheap at all. Parts are expensive.

If you are really concerned about maintenance, Wira would be best. Cheap, plenty of parts and cheaper than any other car.

SEG also not bad. Or KE70. Toyota parts are cheaper than Honda if I'm not wrong. So, to mod it won't cost as much as Honda's.

We can give you more and more suggestions and the list will not end. Think wisely what you want and then ask about the feedback on that car here. If good feedback, you buy and use. If bad feedback, you strike it off your list and think about the next car you like. Then ask here again.

And finally, it's your choice ultimately. You should know what's best for you.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Seriously... take the Civic EG. You will not regret it unless you get one with a lot of problems. Most Civic's are whacked by now unless you can find one from an uncle or aunty.
I'm confused, so I get the Civic if I can get a good condition one? I saw some on mudah.my at about 8-12k, just not sure about their history.

Indeed the KE70 can be gotten for less than 3k, but the looks are a acquired taste I guess.

What about the Corolla LE? I like its look much better plus it's slightly newer? And there are some already with a 4AGE inside.

Auto though
Toyota LE Engine Black Top 20V - Cars for sale Johore - Mudah.my

and this
SATRIA DOHC 4G91 MIVECSkirting Gti Spoiler BANTING - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

I guess I still haven't made up my mind yet, so cheaper, older cars that require only a little touchup sounds like a good idea too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,

I would like to find out if you have ever experimented with Works Engineering Air Charger. It started to interest me when I came across someone in ZTH selling this product. It seems to make a certain claim that it ‘promotes’ efficiency thus in return ‘kicks in more power’. Well, when I check on Works Engineering website, it seems that they even have a dyno result to substantiate their claim. Looks Impressive for a RM 140 investment.

My question is :-
1) Does it work ?? To be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience