Recommendations for used car under 25k

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Update: decided not to waste space and open a new thread so I'm going to ask my questions here first.

I decided that getting an upgrade might not be the most ideal thing for now seeing that I might want to further my studies in the near future. So instead I am deciding on what can i do with my current Iswara engine. Please note that it is a carburetor engine with NGV installed.

My first question is: Anyone has the experience of transplanting a new engine into a NGV car? I am thinking of maybe a wira 1.5gli engine? Any ideas?

Currently using my dad's car but due to some issues he needs the car back so I have to get myself another car. Definitely prefer used ones since I don't have much money.

Some criterias:
1) Manual
2) Daily driven
3) Reliable
4) Reasonably fast ;)
5) can get loan (for govt servant)
6) best be under 25k

Spare parts can be slightly expensive but they have to be quality stuff. I like the coupe look a lot more than the hatchback but it seems a very far-fetched dream for now. I'm thinking about the Putra but I have heard how hot the car is for car thieves. In fact, my friend who drives a Putra was splashed with acid because the guy wanted to snatch his car.

I like the Civic Ferio but are loans hard to get for those cars?

So please advice. I'm all ears. Thanks!
Civic Ferio is a good car, but it's very old. I'm driving Civic SO4 but already feeling it's a very old car already.. For under 25k, you can get a used Gen2 or Neo 1.6, if you can bear using local cars.

ya_aluya

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
kedah / miri
Visit site
Civic Ferio is a good car, but it's very old. I'm driving Civic SO4 but already feeling it's a very old car already.. For under 25k, you can get a used Gen2 or Neo 1.6, if you can bear using local cars.
just my 2cents...

better don't...even brand new Gen2 or Neo got uncomfortable sound like rat or something loose after 2-3 years use...think about their 2nd hand...huhu

Last edited:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
1 more thing...gen2, neo and waja tend to have a prob on door glass motor...u may ended up open the door first to take the toll ticket.
I'm using '92 SEG AE101 and after 20 years the automatic door glass motor still going strong with no prob.
As u've mentioned u are a gov servant, l think taking loan isnt an issue as every bank are chasing the gov servant to take loans with them..but usually gov servant chooses BANK RAKYAT (bank untuk kakitangan kerajaan...hehehehe)to take loans...the rates now are relatively low, last l've heard 3.++% but not till 4% per annum.

Last edited:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Not actually a govt servant, my dad is but since he is retiring soon he is reluctant to apply for a loan for me. Yet he keeps pestering me about using his car which I understand. Maybe I have to just find loans me self.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Its a Iswara. Currently I'm using so the other option is to just stick with this since with NGV it saves me close to RM200 a month.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
That's true. Maybe I'll just buy the car off my dad and let him get a new car. Problem is he needs a car as his current ride KE30 is in a bad condition after a minor accident.

navin.flexus

From Facebook
Aug 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
good original Putra's are hard to come by
you might have search a little harder
but i can tell you its a dope car for real

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
wanna play olskool??
ke70, 510, 808...
<10k ...for good condition car:smokin:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Update 23 Feb 2013:

Went to check out a '96 Perdana, mechanic's car but from his experience he strongly discouraged me from buying Perdana as he said not only the gearbox, the lower arm and stuff will also kaput often so that made me doubtful. He recommended me to get a Cefiro but that would be much harder to find one in manual right? I've seen some 3000cc Cefiro going for less than 15k so I would welcome some advice from people who have owned this version. I've read that the VQ30 engine is superd and durable? Roadtax would be RM2200 but I was thinking of installing NGV and get power and good fuel consumption too. 25% discount on roadtax too.

Personally I still like the Perdana alot but it just seems like it will breakdown every other month.

Also, I am confused about the e36. I've read that people saying the maintenance is not that expensive and similar to Perdana. Is that true? Yet someone commented here that parts are very hard to come by.

So to summarise:
Perdana V6 manual or Cefiro (2.0, 2.5, 3.0) or maybe, just maybe e36?

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wira with 4G93 NA or Waja with 4G92 is decent. Else, get another Iswara / SE for half your budget. Save the balance for maintenance / ASB...lol.

Power window problem on proton cars can be solved with correct parts, ie : using steel bracket for older Waja etc...
Old car sure has high wear and tear rate, sooner or later, most of the parts may need replacement and that is where the headache start.
E36 bimmer can be had for 25k but maintenance will kill if you're not ready.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience