Buying a RM150k car. Recommendations pls

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Comments needed for mid-range cars around RM150k.
I'm looking for something gives the kicks abit. Mostly it's buy & drive without mods.
If it's mods then it's only on the accessories, rims & exteriors. Very very basic kinds...

What there's in my mind are Jetta, Civic & maybe Mazda 3.
Comparing handelling, stability & power. When mention power in this forum I gotto specify that it's daily use & not track use. Just easy overtaking...

Driving style & my current car:
I own a CITY V-Tech & runs it around 100-130km/h in the middle of the night at KL highways but for a very short time only.
I usually catch up with the car in front & slowed down...
Back to hometown, Penang I pressed around 120-140km/h. Don't like the stability of my CITY at these speed.

Stability concerns me... Power should be balanced with stability. Yea... When one got stability at those speed they'll press for more speed then... :burnout:

Anyway all recommendations are welcome & pls read below of what I've got in mind.
Thanking all in advance...

Jetta:
Jetta is at the top of my prefered choice. Mostly it's the brand VW... also the twincharged part.
The interior looks not bad as well...

Civic:
I'm just following the trend. It's always been the leading one for the common people.
Interior looks better but the Civic model is always a Civic. It's the kind of car the I'll just give in for value of money, re-sale value...

Mazda 3:
Old model that's what concerns me. Paying for something that's in the market for sometime already. Not really worth it. Out of the 3 mentioned this should be the closest one for a speed devil. That's the idea that I've got from surfing & reading only.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Civic is a great car, but its EOL.
Mazda is a good car, but its upcoming Skyactiv is better.

I pick Jetta.

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Civic is a great car, but its EOL.
Mazda is a good car, but its upcoming Skyactiv is better.

I pick Jetta.
Noted on the Jetta, +1 vote for Jetta.
If it's not too long I'll wait up for the new Mazda. Checking on it.

Just surf up on it. That's a SUV... Also okay la. Not bulat bulat can liao

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Jetta.

Spacious.
I'm not really a fan of its looks but not bad I would say.
Interior also so so only IMO.

But that 1 thing i love Jetta is the power. Damn 1.4L, quiet but try pedal to metal. No need to metal also u can feel the pull. Damn!! Damn!!!

Gotta love it for that man!

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ha... Seriously ar. Cannot tahan liao.
I did the right pick huh... Just needed assurances on my pick

Thanks for ur comments.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
A four door 150K car that gives a real kick with the handling to match? Lancer Evolution IX GSR yr2005! 2ltr turbo 300HP AWD car with Active Yaw and Diff control, big Brembo brakes, Bilstein suspension, 6 speed manual gearbox, Recaro seats, more than enough to blow away most cars on the road with ease!
Next which is very similar specs to the Evo but slightly cheaper, slightly slower, and much easier to find: Subaru Impreza STI V9 yr2005. Many are on sale for 130-150K, got even a few good Type-C at that prices.
Next for a much tamer/normal/slower choice but still gives pretty good kick with much more luxury and comfort than the 2 above: Toyota Mark X 250 yr2007-2008. Got a 2.5ltr V6 215HP with RWD, so it's way much better than all the Camrys and Accords. If you don't mind a high roadtax (>2.3k/yr), then can even go for the 3.0 version which gives >250HP.
Then of course for an even more common but prestigious choice, you can get BMW 325i E90 yr 2007. I got a friend who wants to sell his father's 325i, bought from new with very low mileage (only around 40K), so let me know if you're interested for this one. Again if you don't mind with high road tax, you can go for the 3.0ltr BMW 330i though.
If you still prefer FWD cars, then next is Golf GTI mk5 yr2008. Got 2ltr turbo 210HP with very good fuel consumption and very good handling as well for a FWD car.
Then if you're a bit hardcore and can withstand the harsh ride, you can consider Civic Type-R FD2R yr2007-2008. It has 2ltr 220HP engine that screams like a banshee all the way to 9000rpm!

So there you go, pick your poison! :D

May 8, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Within these 3 option. Jetta would be the best choice coz recently i just resign from VW. I will prefer that coz it really give you the power that you want and the braking system in VW is very efficient compare to other continental car. if you wan to test drive you can let me know coz i can ask me ex-coll give you a try on that :)
Cheers~~

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
why u left vw?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Goodwood Festival of Speed was the stage for the debut of the Mugen CR-Z that has been hyped all over the interwebs but Mugen also brought along another tuned hybrid to the celebration of all things automotively speedy.

Like all good things, it would appear that tuned Mugen hybrids come in pairs as the tuner unveiled the more and track-focused CR-Z Mugen RR concept. As the more aggressive aero suggest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience