ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Thanks for the input so far. The matte black wira looks nice but i dont like aerobacks. Anyway any thoughts on the perdana? I like the more planted feel that it gives.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's a 2L. Don't expect FC to be fantastic in comparison with say a Satria or a EG.

Power delivery will be good but don't expect to give you the kind of rush you get from a Vtec or a VR4 engine.

and unless you know the history of the car or know the owner, Perdana's (the autos) 9/10 units have problematic gearboxes and are bloody expensive to fix.

My advice, since you're as young as you are, consider the Toyota SEG (1.6L) or a Honda for the sheer thrill of VTEC (but get the B16 at the very least la). Otherwise consider a Wira or a Satria (accident free) cuz they are the cheapest you can buy n parts are so abundant it's the cheapest car in M'sia to maintain. No joke. And if you're gung-ho, you can even DIY most of the stuff on Wiras / Satrias cuz there's so many experts out there.

Cefiro my uncle recently bought one. Had to change radiator, refurb the gearbox and the 2.0 is a tank on the road. FC is ridiculous. But on the highway and all it's extremely comfortable la. Perdana is no exception and pretty much shares the same benefits and cons, but one's a Nissan and one's a Proton. Mechanics and all will bound to treat you "differently" if you're not careful.

ya_aluya

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
kedah / miri
Visit site
I go for Perdana if only its equipped with 4g63T evo engine, the rest...better not...
civic eg is not bad man...
or toyota seg...
once u have extra money u can mod to b18cr or the 6 speed 4 throttle, respectively...

Like me, i apply for rm25k personal loan, than take the 15k car...i got extra 10k to mod...hehe

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I like those 90s car, like the especially the Honda Civic, the EKs and the EGs, and I think they looks especially nice. But as with all old cars, I fear they might have been abused by the previous owner, and most of the cheaper EKs are on auto.

The reason I'm considering a Perdana is because its comfortable, but also because I can install a NGV system and not worry about the FC at all.

I think if I could get a loan of 25k, perhaps I could get a stock Civic Ferio and work from there. Again, only worry is I would have to spend alot to fix it up.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i've post this before sumwhere..

get a KE70 original condition..

less than rm3k for the car & spend around rm2k for repairs..

RM5000 kautim :biggrin:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Seriously... take the Civic EG. You will not regret it unless you get one with a lot of problems. Most Civic's are whacked by now unless you can find one from an uncle or aunty.

Chevrolet Optra is indeed a great car. My uncle owns one since 2005 and it still runs great, quiet and power quite ok la. BUT maintaining it is not cheap at all. Parts are expensive.

If you are really concerned about maintenance, Wira would be best. Cheap, plenty of parts and cheaper than any other car.

SEG also not bad. Or KE70. Toyota parts are cheaper than Honda if I'm not wrong. So, to mod it won't cost as much as Honda's.

We can give you more and more suggestions and the list will not end. Think wisely what you want and then ask about the feedback on that car here. If good feedback, you buy and use. If bad feedback, you strike it off your list and think about the next car you like. Then ask here again.

And finally, it's your choice ultimately. You should know what's best for you.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Seriously... take the Civic EG. You will not regret it unless you get one with a lot of problems. Most Civic's are whacked by now unless you can find one from an uncle or aunty.
I'm confused, so I get the Civic if I can get a good condition one? I saw some on mudah.my at about 8-12k, just not sure about their history.

Indeed the KE70 can be gotten for less than 3k, but the looks are a acquired taste I guess.

What about the Corolla LE? I like its look much better plus it's slightly newer? And there are some already with a 4AGE inside.

Auto though
Toyota LE Engine Black Top 20V - Cars for sale Johore - Mudah.my

and this
SATRIA DOHC 4G91 MIVECSkirting Gti Spoiler BANTING - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

I guess I still haven't made up my mind yet, so cheaper, older cars that require only a little touchup sounds like a good idea too.

ya_aluya

Known Member
Sep 28, 2004
kedah / miri
Visit site
Bro,
Try to apply for personal loan first, see how much u willing to commit for the loan.
Once u have the loan amount then u can start searching which car do u like the most.
Even by this time u already can see which car suit u with the price range.

Little peace of advice:
Want to modified = take 2nd hand car. Dont really bother about the condition cos u want to modified it anyway.
Afraid of broken parts = take brand new car. New stuff, smells good, got warranty summore.

Its up to u man, think and re-think, what that car u want it to be...:smokin:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Yes indeed. Many thanks to all sifus who contributed. I will sleep on it for a few days and maybe come up with a decision. It's gonna take me sometime I can forsee. Anyway final throw out there, e30 318? How is it reliability wise?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. if you're a car mod person, buy a wira 95 model rm5-6k cash, spend rm10k for halfcut evo 1-3 with bodyparts,
the balance to change wear & tear parts, suspension, brakes, sport rims & tires etc....

2. buy ready moded car....wira/satria/putra/perdana turbo.

3.or adjust yr budget higher for new saga BLM or viva. - im sure yr parents told u to get a new car.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
e30... better forget about it. Advise from a foreman, if you buy those continental car which more than 10 years, you need to have a spare car to use. once those car breakdown, you cant easily find the replacement spare parts, takes time... some more the spare parts is expensive.

if you really want those continental car.. you need to spend around 10k to replace all wear and tear parts before your daily use...

my fren try to get an e46 and the foreman told him this...
what do you think the foreman will tell you if u go for e30...

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Thanks for the advice from the foremen. One ought to listen to the foremen for sure. Currently i have narrowed down my choices a little, waja, perdana, civic. And if i can find a decent condition wira sedan or seg i think i will consider them too. I think i just need to get back to my hometown and go to the used car dealer. I dont really trust those dealers i dont know.

At this moment in time i have yet to narrow down my choices yet but if i had a little more i would definitely go for a ek.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the advice from the foremen. One ought to listen to the foremen for sure. Currently i have narrowed down my choices a little, waja, perdana, civic. And if i can find a decent condition wira sedan or seg i think i will consider them too. I think i just need to get back to my hometown and go to the used car dealer. I dont really trust those dealers i dont know.

At this moment in time i have yet to narrow down my choices yet but if i had a little more i would definitely go for a ek.
Personally, I don't trust any dealer.

I'd prefer to buy direct from the seller, preferably someone I know and if not, bring along a mech friend or a knowledgeable friend to inspect the car for you.

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
I don't really have a mechanic friend but one of the dealers is a old friend of my dad's so I guess that'll do. So far I think my mind is set on the Perdana, V6 or SEi doesn't really matter as long as it's a manual one.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
a close friend of mine, trusted an old friend of his dad as well. bought a EK4, found out it was kereta potong, and the ECU was switched out by the old friend's staff. so... don't be lazy and don't rely on people.

do it yourself. nobody cares about your car except you. if you don't have experience, find people who do to come with you. you might be able to CON-vince izso to join you if you buy him a hearty meal.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
My fren pay money to get a mechanics inorder to bring him to inspect used car before buying it...
But of course not simply get one mechanics...
The mechanics used to service my fren old car... So they know each other before hand...

This may be an option too...