questions about exhaust system

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I just installed a centre bullet for my exhaust system. The guy at the shop said in order to extract n feel more power I need to change my stock muffler too. Is this true? Btw, if I want to modify my air intake system to open port type the guy said it is gonna cost around rm400. Is this a reasonable price?

Last edited:

chocklee

Sep 3, 2006
www.geocities.com
yeah...it's true. u might wan2 consider changing the extractor to a 4-2-1 or 4-1 also. open pot filter will cost about that amount. try KnN filter...most ppl ar using that

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the info... which type is better? i'm driving a car with small displacement... would it affect high end torque if i change to 4-1? cos stock cars mostly uses 4-2-1 rite?

Gobbi_21

Known Member
Feb 15, 2007
guys ....now im riding a toyota gl ...
im goin to put weber for my ride ...
so hw am i suppost to make my entire exhaust system good for fuel comsumption ..
hw am i suppost to modifie to have a good fuel consumption ....
pllss pm ..tq

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
me use 4-1 but i really wished i bought 4-2-1 last time...
do u regretted using 4-1?? im using 4-1 rite from what i can see... if u rev your rpm.. past 4k... the power is sweet man... :) but the low end suffer a lil bit and the fuel consumption can be quite high sumtimes if u whack your here and there often

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
oic.. how's ur ride rollakid? wat is ur next project?

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
potssum,

how bad is the FC if u rev it often? tot might give 4-1 a try..

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
erm last time stock standard my gti can reach to 500km now after using 4-1,r3 stage2 cam,hotbits exhaust the most i can get is around 470km.... but again im satisfied with the power that i gain... in future maybe i want to try 4-2-1 they say this setup is for pickup while 4-1 is top end...

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
imo, if u have to rev quite high with the open pod to feel the power. at low revs, at best it performs like stock only or probably worse.

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
potssum,

in ur case it's not bad ler.. i'm driving a tiara btw. very little ppl wanna tweak tiara oso.. darn. seems like i'm da guinea pig here

markii,

i'll keep that in mind. thanks for the info. but if i didn't do the open port air intake and just do the exhaust i'll gain some power too rite?

markii

Known Member
Apr 21, 2005
of course...maybe u can try drop-in instead of open pod. but kuching air filters i dont know why so expensive even for chapalang. last time i saw sty selling apexi open pod for 300...just the head. and then still need to buy adapter and pipe. try 4-2-1 and s flow muffler

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
since u r using tiara...i guess its hard for u to get aftermarket extractor...

maybe piping + rear sports muffler is good enuf with a better flow air filter system.

u may get urself an used open port filter. 3inch knn will be great . adaptor u can customize it

:shocked:

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
Gobbi_21 said:
guys ....now im riding a toyota gl ...
im goin to put weber for my ride ...
so hw am i suppost to make my entire exhaust system good for fuel comsumption ..
hw am i suppost to modifie to have a good fuel consumption ....
pllss pm ..tq
weber and good fuel consumption just don't get well together.. sorry..

potssum said:
do u regretted using 4-1?? im using 4-1 rite from what i can see... if u rev your rpm.. past 4k... the power is sweet man... :) but the low end suffer a lil bit and the fuel consumption can be quite high sumtimes if u whack your here and there often
40% of the time i'm stuck in traffic jam
30% of the time traffic's moving, but just at a slow steady legal speed
20% of the time i have passenger in my car, mostly my parents or my grandpa, can't rev high.
5% of the time petrol is low and i haven't get any salary (if i got work) or just basically low on money
and only 5% of the time when i can really use the power and rev all the way.

no thanks.. i wished i'd got myself a 4-2-1

weikhee said:
oic.. how's ur ride rollakid? wat is ur next project?
since you last heard from me:
-stripped interior and seats
-installed complete AE86 front strut with brakes
-changed steering arm to ae86's one too..
-installed adjustable trd shocks
-installed trd springs (front only)

now got tons of stuff to sell, my levin seat also for sell.. anyone? still in great condition.. but just don't fit in my car.. mech say need major operation to get it in.. but i dun wan.. so wan sell it..

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
that's cool man..would love to see ur ride now..how does it behave now? better performance?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Malaysia's own young and talented Moto3 rider, Muhammad Zulfahmi Khairuddin, isn't short of confidence this year for the upcoming season as he displayed his 2-wheel skills at Jerez and Valencia last month by recording 10 impressive and personal best laps there.

<!--more-->The AirAsia-SIC-Ajo rider displayed his maturity and composure during the two tests as he*consistently*posted five...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience