Spark Plug Questions ~

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Recently i changed Spark plug from NGK-R to NGK G-Power iridium......but this make the matter worst,the engine slurp more gas and lack of power.....

Doesn't that Iridium should increase power instead of making it more worst?

The engine is K3-VE.....if anyone can shed a light on choosing spark plug that suite best for this engine i will be very appreciate it =)

Thanks =)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iridium plugs doesnt perform any better then the normal cheap ones fyi, they just last longer jer.. if its making things worse for ur engine, revert to the one u usually use jer, they shud be good enough imo

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yup, from what I learned the last time around, expensive plugs only last longer than normal ones although some say vice versa. Change your plugs to the ones you used before and see if the problem persists. If no difference, then it might not be the plugs.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Did you check to see if the new plugs are of the same heat range as the old ones? They might be colder than the old ones and therefore causes loss of power and more consumption. Also, you might want to check the new pugs for any oil or carbon fouling which may indicate colder plugs.

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
iridium plugs doesnt perform any better then the normal cheap ones fyi, they just last longer jer.. if its making things worse for ur engine, revert to the one u usually use jer, they shud be good enough imo
Thanks for your info....the NGK-R nickel plugs are stock stuff from factory,if any of other plugs will perform better then it i might wanna try it out =)

Yup, from what I learned the last time around, expensive plugs only last longer than normal ones although some say vice versa. Change your plugs to the ones you used before and see if the problem persists. If no difference, then it might not be the plugs.

Did you check to see if the new plugs are of the same heat range as the old ones? They might be colder than the old ones and therefore causes loss of power and more consumption. Also, you might want to check the new pugs for any oil or carbon fouling which may indicate colder plugs.
Any guide to see what the heat range are the plug rated at =?

Will remove the plug asap to monitor it's condition....thanks =)

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
the difference between a plug to another plug is the material was made... basically more compression/boost > more heat > higher heat range (6 is colder than 5) ... other than a part of firing system, they are also purposely for heat transfer of combustion chamber

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just take out the spark plug and observe.... it had light grey on the ground electrode and light soot around the ring,brownish dots around the insulator...... it look quite good actually =?

Last night when i went up Genting,redlining through every gear,on the top of the hill i pop up the bonnet and find out my Exhaust Manifold/Extractor are glowing red following by the exhaust piping til after the mid bullet,does this is normal or the engine is running rich/lean?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if u can see it glowing in a dark area, i mean very dark where there isnt any light, then its normal jer. if there are lighting nearby, and u can still see it glow, then u may have been running lean. what are the readings on the old plugs compared to the new ones? pix wud be nice

kenchoo

Recently i changed Spark plug from NGK-R to NGK G-Power iridium......but this make the matter worst,the engine slurp more gas and lack of power.....

Doesn't that Iridium should increase power instead of making it more worst?

The engine is K3-VE.....if anyone can shed a light on choosing spark plug that suite best for this engine i will be very appreciate it =)

Thanks =)
? Please check your spark plug wire connection, and O2 sensor if the engine lack of power & eat more gas. It should be have more stable spark fire with iridium spark plug.
There must be something missed out at ignition system or if your spark plug wire already aging then properly you need to change it.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys ! it's urgent here.. My uncle wants to convert his perdana to VRG face .
Is this legal or what ? I know we can convert it but he's worrying about JPJ summons .
can anyone help me out :confused: thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience