Questions about Camshafts

superkoh

Jul 8, 2009
can ask all the gurus here, what's better on either b18c-r & b20, please give in terms of Durability come first.

1. Jun stage 3
2. skunk2 stage 3
3. Toda C
4. BuddyClub Spec V
5. Crower Stage 2

what valve spring retainer to go along? Anybody using supertek? Any comment?
And cam gear. KUDOS

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
To start with, what is your application?

2- Whats your compression?

3- What RPM are you planning on revving to?

The supertech is the same as any other as long as you match the lift of the cam to the valve spring and keep the seat pressure reasonable with the springs.

Cam gears, I would use the same brand as the cams itself rather than mix and matching.

superkoh

Jul 8, 2009
i don't plan to rev up to 11k or so-ever. The most also would be 9.5k, daily driven with occasionally up to 9k.

doing up a b18c-r

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

if i were to take buddyclub i need to take its cam gear, which is more advisable since its from the same manufacturer? vice versa

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
the cheapest way or the easy money way...???
how many horse do u expected & the most important is, which management u will consider 1st...??

can just pass a few spec for u for reference...

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Not a lot of cams would make power up that high RPM. When talking about reliability, any engine would get stressed revving up to that point but let the others chime in regarding this.

Toda C would be my choice for ocassional high rev based on your list.

But my personal choice for a daily driven application, I would settle with BC 3 cams (fat midrange) or skunk2 tuner series stage 2 (nice top end). It works well with CR of 11.5-11.8:1. But ofcourse everything has to be tuned on a management system like Jin said.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
all the cam above can let u get through 200 horse on wheel..
the higher duration the cam go the higher the power band at. the more lift got the more power can get by without reving so high up.
but one thing i advice is to used bak the stock cam pulley and mod it like adjustable one...toda cam pulley will worn out oso...aerospeed that i used now same...it will makan timing belt...

if u seek a builder for u pls PM me....i got a fren can do all that for u ....

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

oh yeah u need to have a high compression piston to run good on it....bcoz the higher duration open the shorter the compression stroke duration..that y u need high dome piston to compress the air fuel mixture...
the best ECU for ur upgrade i recommand is hondata...coz nothing run honda engine best then honda ecu... cheerS~~~~

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Not a lot of cams would make power up that high RPM. When talking about reliability, any engine would get stressed revving up to that point but let the others chime in regarding this.

Toda C would be my choice for ocassional high rev based on your list.

But my personal choice for a daily driven application, I would settle with BC 3 cams (fat midrange) or skunk2 tuner series stage 2 (nice top end). It works well with CR of 11.5-11.8:1. But ofcourse everything has to be tuned on a management system like Jin said.
most of us here encounter the prob of higher CR bout 12-12.7.... after the cam & head done... will get very nice figure of power when pump will V-Power(to prevent knocking), but not really suit the others petrol... spark plug using 8.

superkoh

Jul 8, 2009
i always pump petronas.

i might go for jun3 or skunk2 stage 3, if not i'll go for my builder recommendation, buddyclub spec v.

but about the cam gear, use a adjustable one?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i always pump petronas.

i might go for jun3 or skunk2 stage 3, if not i'll go for my builder recommendation, buddyclub spec v.

but about the cam gear, use a adjustable one?
ofcos....

i oso reco Spec V..

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
i am now trying skunk2 P3...din take my car yet....when done all the dyno and tuning i will share out lah the horse it makes....my tuner oso recomand spev V ...but i wan try out the skunk2 first... good luck for u bro...
BRO JIN wat cam u using now ?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i am now trying skunk2 P3...din take my car yet....when done all the dyno and tuning i will share out lah the horse it makes....my tuner oso recomand spev V ...but i wan try out the skunk2 first... good luck for u bro...
BRO JIN wat cam u using now ?
i'm just pomen... so, give suggestion only..

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
izzit ? wheres ur workshop ?? penang ?? i not pomen lah but honda technician...the low low level one lah ...haha....dun laugh me if i say wrong at here ah.....
cabut ~~~~~

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
izzit ? wheres ur workshop ?? penang ?? i not pomen lah but honda technician...the low low level one lah ...haha....dun laugh me if i say wrong at here ah.....
cabut ~~~~~
nop, at PJ area... won't laugh la.. coz we not talking big without proper thinking... we just discuss only ma...:adore::adore::adore:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
nop, at PJ area... won't laugh la.. coz we not talking big without proper thinking... we just discuss only ma...:adore::adore::adore:
oic ....PJ where ? when free come find u lor...i just apply wat i know to share around here oso ...lets get bak to the title ..cams cams cams

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i drive a satria (non neo version) and would like to know how to remove the centre console (the plastic part where you put the radio at (usually wood colored for wiras or cf colored for satrias ) coz last time someone stole my radio and broke it, wanna take it out to glue back..
also, can anyone tell me how to remove the cluster meter too?? i know there are 2 screws on the top, but is that all?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience