[Q]Myvi 1.5 se Rims

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Already sound stupid enough not even needing to see how the car looks like. Spend on something better instead :stupid: trying to get into the Guiness Book of Records or what ? :hmmmm2:
honestly, the car looks really good.. he made it look like those DUB cars.. for entering competition one.. hahaha but that car cannot be driven on daily basis.. only competition uses..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What have we come to these days. Such a small city econo car wants to put such huge wheels!

Myvi just use maximum 15' lah, that's the best size to improve your grip and handling without sacrificing many other things. Even if you use 16', tire is already very thin 205/45 which is just over 9 cm sidewall height. So your ride comfort will suffer a lot, like riding a tuk-tuk bajaj! With 15', you can still get 7' wide rims so can use 205/50 tires which is 3 cm wider than std already but yet still have >10cm tire sidewall height so still comfortable and still maintain about the same overall diameter. The overall package will also still be light enough for your small econo engine, and you don't need to bust your wallet to find lightweight rims (can still go for normal fake Taiwan rims, no need to get ultralight expensive forged original Japanese rims).

Wait until you have a rather big sedan with over 200HP then can start thinking of using 18' rims! Even me driving such sedan only use 17'! :biggrin:
Well, there are people who goes for performance and there are also for looks. Yup, 15" already have performance size tyres, a balance of comfort and handling. Going 16" with 45 series can still be acceptable. Going 40 series in 17" will be pain in the butts, and 35 series on 18"??:confused:

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

There was a Wira in Miri riding on 18".. then the guy wasnt satisfied and changed it to 22".. not sure what happened next but i heard when he do full turn the car will jack up on one side.
Wira, if not mistaken still have more wheel arch space. 22"? well, he could raise the suspension, use ultra, ultra low profile 15 series tyres (Yes, there is such a series), offset his wheel out of the wheel arch...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

honestly, the car looks really good.. he made it look like those DUB cars.. for entering competition one.. hahaha but that car cannot be driven on daily basis.. only competition uses..
Then what for, keep at home only.....:hmmmm:

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Yeah.. for showing off when there's competition.. his suspension is those solid ones that cant even compress a little bit.. he adjust the camber to fit the rims inside the arches..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, there are people who goes for performance and there are also for looks. Yup, 15" already have performance size tyres, a balance of comfort and handling. Going 16" with 45 series can still be acceptable. Going 40 series in 17" will be pain in the butts, and 35 series on 18"??:confused:

Well that's the thing, IMHO going for performance and looks should be together, not trade-off each other. Form has to follow function first. Looks are also so subjective and superficial. IMHO cars that uses too big rims are actually damn ugly anyway cause they look out of proportion with the body size already! Not to mention the puny size brakes which become more obvious and gaping when using such big rims. IMHO a Myvi with 15' looks way2 much better than those with 17', and cannot imagine how ugly & stupid an 18' will look on it! :biggrin:

As for comfort, well people have different level of comfort/tolerance. Some can tolerate more, some not so. I personally would not go below 10cm sidewall height cause I had used before a 195/50 (9.75cm sidewall) for several years and just had enough of it and will never go to that level again. Initially might seems not so bad since the tires were still in new condition and hence softer, but starting on the 2-3rd yrs they became more uncomfortable. So I think 10cm sidewall is about the borderline, unless tire technology can improve more and more and defy the laws of physics to make thin tires but still comfortable.

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
Currently using 205/45 tires and I'm regretting it as the road is really bumpy. Thought of changing to 50s but that would throw off the speedometer reading.. Guess its either new rims or just bear with it..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well that's the thing, IMHO going for performance and looks should be together, not trade-off each other. Form has to follow function first. Looks are also so subjective and superficial. IMHO cars that uses too big rims are actually damn ugly anyway cause they look out of proportion with the body size already! Not to mention the puny size brakes which become more obvious and gaping when using such big rims. IMHO a Myvi with 15' looks way2 much better than those with 17', and cannot imagine how ugly & stupid an 18' will look on it! :biggrin:

As for comfort, well people have different level of comfort/tolerance. Some can tolerate more, some not so. I personally would not go below 10cm sidewall height cause I had used before a 195/50 (9.75cm sidewall) for several years and just had enough of it and will never go to that level again. Initially might seems not so bad since the tires were still in new condition and hence softer, but starting on the 2-3rd yrs they became more uncomfortable. So I think 10cm sidewall is about the borderline, unless tire technology can improve more and more and defy the laws of physics to make thin tires but still comfortable.
Yes, I will go for looks and performance at the same time, means upgrade rims and increase tyre wide with lower profile but to an extent. But I have seem many buying nice expensive rims then fit the cheapest tyre possible, or even second hand tyres....:hmmmm::confused:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, I will go for looks and performance at the same time, means upgrade rims and increase tyre wide with lower profile but to an extent. But I have seem many buying nice expensive rims then fit the cheapest tyre possible, or even second hand tyres....:hmmmm::confused:
Yes, many2 times I've seen that too, expensive cars using big ass expensive rims but then wait a minute, what the heck is the brand of the tires on it?? Some unknown weird name which I've never even heard before! 2nd hand tires might not be so bad if still quite new and from good quality ones, sometimes also people just change the rims cause they're bored but the tires they're already using are good ones and still have a long way to go. But using el cheapo unknown tires while having the money to buy those rims just beats me! People should realize the tires are actually MORE important than the rims! I'm the other way around, I bought used Japan rims but gotta have new good tires, of course within my very thin, limited poor budget! :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys, all your great and precious advices make me wonder....where is the TS btw? :biggrin:
Many new members just hit and run post. Ask then disappear.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Yes, many2 times I've seen that too, expensive cars using big ass expensive rims but then wait a minute, what the heck is the brand of the tires on it?? Some unknown weird name which I've never even heard before! 2nd hand tires might not be so bad if still quite new and from good quality ones, sometimes also people just change the rims cause they're bored but the tires they're already using are good ones and still have a long way to go. But using el cheapo unknown tires while having the money to buy those rims just beats me! People should realize the tires are actually MORE important than the rims! I'm the other way around, I bought used Japan rims but gotta have new good tires, of course within my very thin, limited poor budget! :biggrin:
If use back own tyres then okay, but some really pay premium price for the best rims, especially when they upgrade to really huge rims, then ask shop for second hand tyres......:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
For car show then understandable, for road use...like kinda :hmmmm2:

Perry Yip

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Klang
Shit man, i owned bm and few cars, myvi is 1 of it. Whenever i see people post myvi topic kena kutuk. Wtf is this forum people trying to prove? Come on la, people wanna either enjoying buy some mods. Its not u r the 1 suffer , y u care so much. Give comments or advise should b nicely written. All malaysian also kutuk like tat for wat. U think every1 born to b rich? Today he might druve myvi doesnt mean future he will do not have chance drive ferrari. U guys should feel when u kena kutuk see how. I hope these myvi 1 day they druve sport cara kutuk those back. I will b laughing. No standard!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Shit man, i owned bm and few cars, myvi is 1 of it. Whenever i see people post myvi topic kena kutuk. Wtf is this forum people trying to prove? Come on la, people wanna either enjoying buy some mods. Its not u r the 1 suffer , y u care so much. Give comments or advise should b nicely written. All malaysian also kutuk like tat for wat. U think every1 born to b rich? Today he might druve myvi doesnt mean future he will do not have chance drive ferrari. U guys should feel when u kena kutuk see how. I hope these myvi 1 day they druve sport cara kutuk those back. I will b laughing. No standard!
Read again when u calm down.

No one even kutuk about Myvi, we are all talking about the size of rims on the cars and not only Myvi was stated here alone. You're over-reacting just because the word Myvi came out. Ya, there are threads that talk about Myvi or any cars at all. Is their own Point of View on certain mods where some find is a waste of money or unnecessary. Is their right to give their comments and is your right on how u want to mod your car. That's right.

Ya is their money, and in the forum is also their fingers, thoughts or mouth to say what they want. Most important is the owner of the car are happy with what they are doing. Why bother what others said? Is all up to you whether to accept that POV and if u dun like it just ignore. If u dun agree, and find it worth it, then just stick to what u r currently doing with your car.

Personal preferences. No one is looking down on anyone.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
on my opinion, the maximum u can go is 17" with 7"~7.5" JJ the most. but the FC will affected. unless u mod some performance upgrade.. peace..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Read again when u calm down.

No one even kutuk about Myvi, we are all talking about the size of rims on the cars and not only Myvi was stated here alone. You're over-reacting just because the word Myvi came out. Ya, there are threads that talk about Myvi or any cars at all. Is their own Point of View on certain mods where some find is a waste of money or unnecessary. Is their right to give their comments and is your right on how u want to mod your car. That's right.

Ya is their money, and in the forum is also their fingers, thoughts or mouth to say what they want. Most important is the owner of the car are happy with what they are doing. Why bother what others said? Is all up to you whether to accept that POV and if u dun like it just ignore. If u dun agree, and find it worth it, then just stick to what u r currently doing with your car.

Personal preferences. No one is looking down on anyone.
Yup, forum is a place for discussion. Whether good or not, positive or negative, it is the personal view of that person. If you think it is good, take it up. If not, just read and forget what he/she is talking about.
There are also mod that can be a waste of $$$, therefore if some have done before, they can be saying negative things about it, so it is actually good to know about it and not go into it blindly...:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

SUPER - SHINES CAR PROTECTION

Super-Shines Car Protection it’s a new revolutionary complete paint protection for the exterior of cars, motor bikes, commercial vehicles and marine craft.

Our REVOLUTIONARY proprietary formula has proven to protect various types of paint work for years and longer. It darkens color and brings out the full richness of the paint, provides a tough, translucent flexible barrier against daily exposure of harmful elements, such as oxidation...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience