Need solution - Persona 17" rim sangkut!

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
KL
Hi kaycee,

Newbie here. 205/45R17, solved the problem. Looking at it it just nice. How many inch between the tyre or how many fingers can go through the space between the tyre and the body?

Going through bump, no problem ar with 3 people at the back?

Planning to change mine to 17 as well but not sure wanna go for 205/45R17,or 205/40R17. Afraid 205/40R17 not so good to the rim as you know our beautiful roads..
:)

hi fren!
of cos 45series is better in persona, 40series is too small. however my rim bent n cracked recently due to pothole! bad luck!

i have changed 2 another set rim now, my fifth set rim within 1 1/2 yr! damn!

space between tyre n body i didn measure b4, but sure wont kena body la.

will upload photo soon 2 show u...

cheers!

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Hi kaycee,

Newbie here. 205/45R17, solved the problem. Looking at it it just nice. How many inch between the tyre or how many fingers can go through the space between the tyre and the body?

Going through bump, no problem ar with 3 people at the back?

Planning to change mine to 17 as well but not sure wanna go for 205/45R17,or 205/40R17. Afraid 205/40R17 not so good to the rim as you know our beautiful roads..
:)
go for 205/45, is better for persona...
looked for the rim that the offset is 38-40.

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
KL
hey buddy! juz 2 share wit u guys my process of changing rim...

stock rim --> 15" works replica --> VR CE28 replica@215/45R17 --> KII Racing 205/45R17 --> cracked --> 205/45R17 SSR gold replica.

Attachments

fadhil1245

Oct 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi keycee,

waa u got such a lot of budget that can effort to changing rims to another rims...its ok,janji hati kasi puas :biggrin: since malaysia road very 'nice' so we cant avoid from 'rim bengkok' prob...i oso use 17" rim with 215/45 on my waja...have to drive slowly if using uncommon road n beware for any pothole...haiyahhh....btw nice ride...simple n smart mods :top:

kaYcee

Oct 30, 2008
KL
hi keycee,

waa u got such a lot of budget that can effort to changing rims to another rims...its ok,janji hati kasi puas :biggrin: since malaysia road very 'nice' so we cant avoid from 'rim bengkok' prob...i oso use 17" rim with 215/45 on my waja...have to drive slowly if using uncommon road n beware for any pothole...haiyahhh....btw nice ride...simple n smart mods :top:

tanz bro! feel free 2 upload ur machine here 2 share with us! cheeers!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Thanks 4 the advice. Will go for 45/205!
Nice process diary Kaycee...

thks buddy! once installed new rim dun 4get 2 upload ur pix here 2 share wit us! :biggrin:

hafirul_2093

Aug 5, 2010
Johor
try using 205/40/R17 to the rear.
my friend car also sangkut 2.
but his rear rim(215/40/R17) goes to front, and front rims goes 2 rear.
this solution can be done..

no more sangkut anymore...

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my rim also sangkut too, 215r17. anybody can help me to find out? besides sangkuts happen, my bar chambers also sangkut (Time Balik kampung, Jalan Lobang2..) & hampir terkena my gear box. The mechanic told me it happen coz of my rim17". right now, my chamber bar is close to my gear box (Not a standadard gap) also some scratch happen. Wic one ok? tukar tyre+rim @ put a dumper?stiff?etc....?? -newbie here-

Attachments

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
my rim also sangkut too, 215r17. anybody can help me to find out? besides sangkuts happen, my bar chambers also sangkut (Time Balik kampung, Jalan Lobang2..) & hampir terkena my gear box. The mechanic told me it happen coz of my rim17". right now, my chamber bar is close to my gear box (Not a standadard gap) also some scratch happen. Wic one ok? tukar tyre+rim @ put a dumper?stiff?etc....?? -newbie here-
What the heck is chamber, chamber bar? -_____-"

Bro is your rim offset ok ar? It seems super far in...

Sep 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Refer to my post above, bar chamber perlu tukar dengan segera ker? or still boleh bertahan lagi? or itu Biasa/normal happen?

From the time being, i was thinking to change my rim to r16@r15 + change new tyre & change new bar chamber.. all this need cost RM~ Baru lepas raya maaa.. adakah benar bar chamber selepas mengalami hentakan, ianya akan mati di posisi terakhir walaupun kemunginan terlanggar lobang berlaku lagi? Saya risau gear box pecah. Kos RM40K(new).. Recon from Waja (rm4K). ... dui..duii..duii

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Refer to my post above, bar chamber perlu tukar dengan segera ker? or still boleh bertahan lagi? or itu Biasa/normal happen?

From the time being, i was thinking to change my rim to r16@r15 + change new tyre & change new bar chamber.. all this need cost RM~ Baru lepas raya maaa.. adakah benar bar chamber selepas mengalami hentakan, ianya akan mati di posisi terakhir walaupun kemunginan terlanggar lobang berlaku lagi? Saya risau gear box pecah. Kos RM40K(new).. Recon from Waja (rm4K). ... dui..duii..duii
Bro this is an english forum, I suggest you talk in english before the moderaters all scold us haha :biggrin:

Anyways bro! Hmm I have no IDEA what a bar chamber is, I think you mean your subframe haha. You jgn lah hantam potholes for one, that helps...

But bro, 17" is bigger than your original size kan? HOW you can end up hitting the subframe? :hmmmm:

I think I let the sifu's help you, I damn noob only 1 haha :burnout:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr..thats not chamber bar........

that was crossmember for undercarriage...no need to change la....scratch wouldn't even making it problem....

-btw really your gearbox too close??? seems normal to me...(small picture can't tell exactly)...but if really too close then u might need to check your mounting first

summer9uy

Aug 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, you really want to change to 40 series tyre? Better think twice as our road are full of pots of holes. Currently I using 215/45/R17. So far never sangkut, just take care of your rim offset, otherwise will sangkut.

Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, All,

Recently, someone has been actively asking me to try Fuchs engine oil....

I said I can consider and requested him to provide me the datasheet....

He replied that I can search online so I did but I couldn't find and asked for his help again to provide me the datasheet.

He replied that his friends driving Waja, Vios, Hyundai and Accord said great after using Fuchs Titan...

I told him Fuchs is world largest independent lubricant manufacturer, I believe definitely a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience