Does Proton Persona comes with a factory fitted ATF Oil Cooler?

Comanche

Banned
Apr 23, 2014
Port Klang
Hi Guys! I noticed that my Persona Auto has 2 Radiators, one is the normal water/coolant radiator and the other one is a smaller radiator fitted in front of the main radiator. I believe that this might be an ATF oil cooler. Can anyone kindly clarify on this matter?

Thanks!

Comanche

Banned
Apr 23, 2014
Port Klang
Thanks for the reply! But I'm still curious about the smaller radiator fitted in front of the main radiator. What function does it carry?

Comanche

Banned
Apr 23, 2014
Port Klang
No, not metal sticks. It is a radiator with many horizontal rows just like an ATF oil cooler but smaller than the water radiator. Please refer image attached.

Attachments

Last edited:

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
No, not metal sticks. It is a radiator with many horizontal rows just like an ATF oil cooler but smaller than the water radiator. Please refer image attached.

Its an Ac condenser

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
make sure the ATF cooler is appropriately size. Big isnt always better. There are coolers for lower than 2000cc type. 2000 cc above, and some coolers are specific for vehicle used for towing.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
its normally wont overheat....you going for tracking or touge?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if driving is frequent in city with stuck in start-stop traffic jam, and hot weather like in KL, then ATF would help alot to keep the autobox running happily....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Oh I see! Thanks for the reply! In that case I will install a Hayden ATF oil cooler for the car.
Nice brand, where you getting it?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks for the reply! But I'm still curious about the smaller radiator fitted in front of the main radiator. What function does it carry?
its aircond condensor unit....

atf cooler is built in your water radiator (look at bottom of radiator got 2 small hose going into gearbox....

Comanche

Banned
Apr 23, 2014
Port Klang
make sure the ATF cooler is appropriately size. Big isnt always better. There are coolers for lower than 2000cc type. 2000 cc above, and some coolers are specific for vehicle used for towing.
Thanks for the info! Will keep that in mind.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

its normally wont overheat....you going for tracking or touge?
I drive everyday in the notorious Port Klang roads where traffic jams are one of the highest in the world!

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

if driving is frequent in city with stuck in start-stop traffic jam, and hot weather like in KL, then ATF would help alot to keep the autobox running happily....
Exactly!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello everyone! :itsme:

I am new in modifications and i am planning to modify my new 2010 T.vios. Can any of the Shop owners or anyone out there send me some nice design and location of your shop? I would love to pay a visit to your place to check out all the design you have, of course if possible i would prefer to see it(design) online first. Thank you very much in advance, :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience