Need help on upgrade of system

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Gti said:
1) how do we do damping on the amp?
2) can it be DIY?
3) it needs to be done by pro installer?
4) we feed it at 500w rms...1\4 of the recommended rate.
1) we cant do anything just manipulate it..
2) own calculation based the amp spec
3) as per 2
4) DVC 300wrms is total power & not 300wrms each voice coil

Hope you can learn from here..
a) www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/reviews/20030701/custom_or_prefab.html
b) www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_glossary.html
c) www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_glossary.html
d) www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/speakers_glossary.html
e) www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/crossovers_glossary.html
f) www.sweetwater.com/expert-center/glossary/t--DampingFactor

Last edited:

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
gain set to volume u want, if posible set it as low as posible, yet enaugh volume u need. and can match to HU pre-out V

bass 60%. u mean bass bost?

mid bass to achive upfront staging , prefer set crossover point as low as posible

and if can set mid bass high pass after the subwoofer lowpass

exp if your midbass high pass at 100hz, than set subwoofer to low pass 100hz, however depands on frequency repone u want.

Pegasus_waja

Jul 31, 2006
oldskolboyz said:
No harm to do that coz U can control the signal at your amp gain loorr... for me it just wasted pwr if your are in 'full active set-up' but very good if your are in 'passive set-up'.

Scooping, as I know from HU until amp output only (speaker terminal) not speaker laa..
really? do u know how many RMS power that the champion Wira using at the last event on IASCA? and do u know how many point he has win on the second car?

i can tell u he using 500RMS each side just for his mid ( not include Tweeter)!

do u think he is wasting his poweR?
or u think he is crazy?

and do u hear the car using 2 4 channel 4*100& 2 mono block 500RMS to play
1 set 3 ways and 2 woofer?
do u know wat feel for this caR?

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Pegasus : Wah.....dude.....u said u wan to join iasca...then ur car must at least be equivalent to the champ car lo if not better.
Must come out one day to feel ur car :_:

And...using so much rms to power the speaker....won't it burst the speaker or at least affect the lifespan of the speaker?

Btw...are u one who setup a system for others like Zenn or ur system is setup by someone else?
and mind to tell us how much had u spent to make it an iasca worthy system?

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
gti try your mids highpass and sub lowpass both at 50hz, from there u can play until 100hz. normally i would do mids 50 subs 60 depending how strong your mids are, or for lower end maybe 80 for sub 60 for mids, as u see i like to overlap them a bit, give more midbass, but its not a rule, all depends on the cabin environment, installation, equipment used and type of music u play, so in the end is up to u lah, play-2 with both hp and lp tillu get what u want....

btw it is +3db with double the power...

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Zenn said:
gti try your mids highpass and sub lowpass both at 50hz, from there u can play until 100hz. normally i would do mids 50 subs 60 depending how strong your mids are, or for lower end maybe 80 for sub 60 for mids, as u see i like to overlap them a bit, give more midbass, but its not a rule, all depends on the cabin environment, installation, equipment used and type of music u play, so in the end is up to u lah, play-2 with both hp and lp tillu get what u want....

btw it is +3db with double the power...
ok thanks a lot
i will try it out.
but what about the tuning at the amp...i mean the gain,bass and treble?
should i leave the bass and treble at equal?

Pegasus_waja

Jul 31, 2006
Gti said:
Pegasus : Wah.....dude.....u said u wan to join iasca...then ur car must at least be equivalent to the champ car lo if not better.
Must come out one day to feel ur car :_:

And...using so much rms to power the speaker....won't it burst the speaker or at least affect the lifespan of the speaker?

Btw...are u one who setup a system for others like Master Zenn or ur system is setup by someone else?
and mind to tell us how much had u spent to make it an iasca worthy system?
you are welcome to listen to the system....
anytime u feel free just give me a call and give the advice to me for improve the system!

just wan to know who tune the system for zenn. maybe u can ask zenn

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
err....
i think Sifu zenn is a tuner himself
So it has to be...he tune it himself!

Pegasus : when is your upcoming iasca comp?

Last edited:

Pegasus_waja

Jul 31, 2006
u really think Zenn system is tune by himself?

maybe zenns will answer u who is tune his system

PS:thee upcoming iasca comp.... this u need to ask iasca not me

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
seems like u know a lot of stuffs huh...

i mean it doesn't even matter who tune Zenn's car unless of course it's tune by you.
Maybe u should learn to speak with respect if u wan to earn some
It doesn't matter even a penny to any of us that if ur car is a world champ car.

you are barely a month in this forum and u had already picked up fight from ur very first post in this thread.
Everybody has been trying to be friendly and helpful and i hope u can see that.
Just trying to explain some ethics to u since u are new in zth.Not trying to pick up fight or anything.

Last edited:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
haha like i said the car was untuned coz i never drive the car anymore, but then paiseh la since the judges from overseas later they say malasyian competitors main-2 compete only, so luckily my friend jerry was there, his customer's car won the 1st prize. anyway there wasnt much he could do also, just give something decent for the judges to hear. like i said i compete to help the organiser only since not enuff cars.......hmm maybe jerry sabotage my car thats why i got 3rd...? hehe..

usually my other cars (and friends cars) are all installed and tuned by emad or mr liew at kf audio and then touch up by another friend, eq king dr ng...

for gti u should leave the amp's bass & treble at zero (what amp is this? normally they dont have all these except cap ayam, haha) the gain has to be set properly or else speaker can koyak, just play loudly if u hear distortion u reduce the gain, do this until u can play max volume (if possible) without any distortion.

Last edited:

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
for gti u should leave the amp's bass & treble at zero (what amp is this? normally they dont have all these except cap ayam, haha) the gain has to be set properly or else speaker can koyak, just play loudly if u hear distortion u reduce the gain, do this until u can play max volume (if possible) without any distortion.[/quote]

yalor...my amp cap ayam...:cry_smile:

Pegasus_waja

Jul 31, 2006
Gti said:
seems like u know a lot of stuffs huh...

i mean it doesn't even matter who tune Zenn's car unless of course it's tune by you.
Maybe u should learn to speak with respect if u wan to earn some
It doesn't matter even a penny to any of us that if ur car is a world champ car.

you are barely a month in this forum and u had already picked up fight from ur very first post in this thread.
Everybody has been trying to be friendly and helpful and i hope u can see that.
Just trying to explain some ethics to u since u are new in zth.Not trying to pick up fight or anything.
haha no 1 wan to pick a fight.... just some 1 here not telling the truth only.

like wat i say i use 250watss for my mid, but some 1 not agree with the over power.... but did they try over power beforE?

ZENN: ooi Jerry is your friends.... but who is jerry? is him the pro or judge

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi friends, i have some problem with my vr4 wiring so need u guys giving some idea to solve it.....my car sometimes can't charge the battery and i have change the alternator for 3 times but still not work, the foreman told me that is the wiring problem......he told me my car is using all vr4 wiring now......can i just change the evo wiring for my car....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience