need help from sifus - problem when start engine

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
To all Sifus,

I was facing some problem when start engine where it takes several times (at least 10x) in order to get engine started, this would happen especially after i stopped my car (engine off) and when i re-start again, this is where the problem start.

Morning usually easy to start, but sometimes intermittent...

I sent my car to workshop last week, they change 1 of the relay cost RM20 (i thought the problem resolved) but still happening....

Please Help!

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
so you mean at working temperature after 10x cranking then engine will start? It might be the engine coolant sensor giving false signal to the ecu. Get them replace.

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Yes, you are right... the problem might be recovered at that moment after mechanic have them repaired/replaced... after sometimes, the same problem coming back again. Mean, they are not solving the actual root cause.

Got many possibilities here... it depend how precise the mechanic tackle this problem...

jasmanz

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
Maybe ur main relay for fuel pump not function u can hear the sound when u want to start ur engine i think la

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
main relay rm20???

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
Haiya if main relay.. they will pop up the check light...
n sound like vibrator....
better the ur comp box try to switch from ur fren and try it for 2 or 3 days....
slow2 bro... i oso kena...

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
Haiya if main relay.. they will pop up the check light...
n sound like vibrator....
better the ur comp box try to switch from ur fren and try it for 2 or 3 days....
slow2 bro... i oso kena...
I think you are right, i was facing with engine light pop up long time ago, if not mistaken 3x but i just ignore it... sometimes when i start the car in the morning, the whole car is vibrating like the fuel is coming very slow. after a while, the car becomes stable.

i guess is time to look for B series engine....hehe:rofl:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Sometimes, it's a loose wire. This is common on most cars who visit accessory shop often to install alarm, sound system, electronic bla bla, etc. Cut and stick, finally wiring gremlins.. sometimes connected, sometimes not connected, when rattle the engine/wiring harness, the electronics work fine, but after leave for a while, it starts all over again..

100+ wires in a normal EFI car.. if it happens to you, it's FASTER to get the entire wiring replaced.

The starter, alternator and etc, are also possible sources, so check that as well.

pc_teh

Known Member
Jun 18, 2008
I have some problem with ignition also. My car is relatively hard to ignite when its low on fuel. Before the Fuel low warning light on it's already harder to start than usual. Know whats the problem?

CA Gan

Known Member
Jan 23, 2006
I haven't got my car fix on this problem...just ignore it.
Now plan for B18C Type R conversion... Fed up already.

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
If fuel pump, ask ur foremen to pull out the petrol hose after fuel filter in engine bay

Then, switch the Ignition to ON.

See if got petrol shoot out not...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows what is proton 1.8 radiator capacity? 5l, 6l?
i want to change the coolant to Caltex extended life.. it is sold in 0.5l per bottle.. 50%-50% mixture.. so i need to know how many bottles do i need
and how much per bottle anyway? caltex stations are selling RM16.50 each :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience