Need advise on a reliable mechanic

haMMer^

Sep 16, 2004
Dear Sifu-sifu,

Hope you don't mind, but i would like to ask for some advice on Cefiro maintenance.

I recently took over an 97' A33, and want to send it for a proper overhaul/repair job (engine top overhaul, suspension check , brake check, the works...) before i start using it on a daily basis. However, i can't afford to go back to TC as i will get my head chopped off...

Could anyone please recommend a good reliable mechanic to do this job (preferably someone who's prices are also reasonable) : P

i live in damansara, but don't need to use the car immediately at the moment...

Thank you all very much for your time!

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
1997, got no a32, earliest a33 its 1999 jdm unit.

Why do you need to send it for top overhaul? if you want to fix the oil leak, than buy all the oil seal, and engine mount.. and take down the engine and do the job. parts its around 3k, and labout should be around 1k to 1.5k.

I always send to my mechanic in damansara kim, they are not cheap but reasonable price. both the boss are mechanic, and don't hire anyone to do the job. so i trust them. Furthermore, they been taking out my vq30 engine for like 3 times now.. so they know inside out

revyou9277

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kepong
yes..i have a reliable mechanic, he is under tan choong..but he gt do part time..
professional in nissan's car....

haMMer^

Sep 16, 2004
Dear Tai-ko,

I was told that the car was made in '97, but only sold in 1998.. It's a VIP Brougham, so i'm not too sure if it's a A33 or A32.

Anyways, could you give me your mechanic contact number? Would like to send the car for inspection to find out what i need to do to get the car running in tip-top condition again...

From what it used to be previously, the engine feels a bit rough and has a funny whine on it.. gear change not as smooth as it used to be, suspension needs changing and... well a whole lot of problems that haven't been discovered yet...

So, would really appreciate if you guys could direct me to someone who could do a good and reliable job...

Many thankz in advance!!!

revyou9277

Known Member
May 15, 2005
Kepong
i think urs is A32 first model or brougham, the rear number plate is it on top? first model's number plate will be bottom, i can intro my fren to u.. his workshop is in sri damansara, GT Motorcraft, can call him 012-2129436(Larry), u tell him teck wai intro to u...

haMMer^

Sep 16, 2004
my number plate is in the middle... (ie. above the bumper)... my model is the first time they introduce the Brougham name to the Cefiro line...

anyways, thankz for your contact... will be checking him out this weekend...

anyone else has any other contacts to share : P

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
brother...u can try our a32 mech in USJ9. his name is Lee. the shop is just beside the mosque in USJ9. Corner lot. u wont miss them. its a tire shop as well. 0162436853

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu here know is that possible to install turbo to my 4G91 engine?..How much hp can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience