Cefiro A33 VQ20 Engine Dead / KO - Need advise

avex00

Feb 12, 2013
Selangor
Car stalled yesterday in penang Feb 11,2013 while uphill descent during 2nd day of CNY, what a luck. Lucky manage to get tow truck but sad to say, was informed by the mechanic that engine change is needed instead of overhaul which he indicated may cost more and have future overheating problems. The mechanic told me overhaul is 10K...KNS...must be CNY price...in Penang.

Just need some advise from those owners who has experience with VQ20/VQ25/VQ30 engines related to Cefiro

Prior to car stalled while going uphill, i encounter gradual power loss and switched gears from D to 2, and pushing it a while before engaging back from 2 to D after gaining some momentum..after switching gears, the engine completely stop and i was on the middle of the uphill road.

Tow truck came, towed back to workshop and upon inspection. the water cables under the engine apparently had a bad constant direct leakage which he suspected was the cause to the engine stalled. Knowing the fact that fatty have sensitive engines...i was always alert on the water and temperature level.

The engine temperature on the dashboard did not indicate any overheating signs and was showing below the mid line which i presume to be a normal operating temperature all this while. No smoke/vapour detected when the bonnet was lifted.

Battery is good, no warning indicators on dashboards or etc. the car just stalled and "cant" ignite back...when i turn my keys, just the starter motor sound...engine, compressor and etc no action and no sound.....just wondering if it could be a timing chain/clutch/ECU/sparks plugs (platinum)/Fuel pump or etc problem...

i just still felt its not the engine burnt...somethng else must have given way...called for a quote for a half cut engine VQ20 and its confirm at RM3000 but the shop wont be opened until 18/2/2013 due to CNY holiday closure. Is this a good price?
The half cut shop told me best price, ori japan unused and never overhauled and here he wants my old engine back.. smile_question.gif i wonder what he wants to do with it...

Still keeping my fingers crossed that its not my engine problem and its some thing else....i hope...something cheaper. any fellow members got advise is welcome to share...i will push to my mechanic to check and see....hahahaa

alionos

Jul 26, 2009
Malacca
is ur starter of ur car spoil or ur timing belt rosak???? get another foreman to see for you. is better to waste ur toll car money rather then unwated transplant of your car.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Car stalled yesterday in penang Feb 11,2013 while uphill descent during 2nd day of CNY, what a luck. Lucky manage to get tow truck but sad to say, was informed by the mechanic that engine change is needed instead of overhaul which he indicated may cost more and have future overheating problems. The mechanic told me overhaul is 10K...KNS...must be CNY price...in Penang.

Just need some advise from those owners who has experience with VQ20/VQ25/VQ30 engines related to Cefiro

Prior to car stalled while going uphill, i encounter gradual power loss and switched gears from D to 2, and pushing it a while before engaging back from 2 to D after gaining some momentum..after switching gears, the engine completely stop and i was on the middle of the uphill road.

Tow truck came, towed back to workshop and upon inspection. the water cables under the engine apparently had a bad constant direct leakage which he suspected was the cause to the engine stalled. Knowing the fact that fatty have sensitive engines...i was always alert on the water and temperature level.

The engine temperature on the dashboard did not indicate any overheating signs and was showing below the mid line which i presume to be a normal operating temperature all this while. No smoke/vapour detected when the bonnet was lifted.

Battery is good, no warning indicators on dashboards or etc. the car just stalled and "cant" ignite back...when i turn my keys, just the starter motor sound...engine, compressor and etc no action and no sound.....just wondering if it could be a timing chain/clutch/ECU/sparks plugs (platinum)/Fuel pump or etc problem...

i just still felt its not the engine burnt...somethng else must have given way...called for a quote for a half cut engine VQ20 and its confirm at RM3000 but the shop wont be opened until 18/2/2013 due to CNY holiday closure. Is this a good price?
The half cut shop told me best price, ori japan unused and never overhauled and here he wants my old engine back.. smile_question.gif i wonder what he wants to do with it...

Still keeping my fingers crossed that its not my engine problem and its some thing else....i hope...something cheaper. any fellow members got advise is welcome to share...i will push to my mechanic to check and see....hahahaa
Bro, if u haven't bought the half cut, pls check the colour of ur radiator fluid , if burnt gasket the fluid would become like teh tarik! Back to basics: I would check the fuel system first ie; fuel pump , fuel filter. ( whether there is fuel) and spark fr each coil before buying the whole half cut!
Btw , the ceu wont just go dead.

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
I had the same problem but it was due to radiator leak n temperature starts to raise n engine stopped. Pls check your fuel injection system n your firing system beforw decide to go half cut. Pls check with your regular foreman first.

avex00

Feb 12, 2013
Selangor
LOL, i've changed the engine to another A33 VQ20. No choice back then. stranded in penang.
the engine cost me 2800 and JP spec half cut. Installation also 850.00 not to mention lubes and pipes. Was great for 5 months, now engine mounting 1 already dead...and the front one near the radiator fan

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

some low mentality bad people take my evo 9 embled...plus ralliart front and rear.....quiet lucky my car in good condition...but a lot fingerprint is on mirror...guess they try to take my gadget also..damn u bad people..
just sharing......:banghead:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience