Needed tyres advise and springs

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
Dear All Sifu's,

My original A32 tyre and rims is 205/55/15, i wanna change to 215/55/17.

I wanna lower the car with adding eibach prokit springs with the original absorbers.

1) will my car hit the body of my car if i install 215/55/17 to the cars with such springs as it will lower the car??

2) Shall i install the springs first then only install the rims and tyres???

I choose 55 series because i wanted the same comfort as original, i dont want to spend money then cannot match lo.. I worried 50 or 45 too bumpy later cos i travel often to some not so even roads.

Hope you all can help me out here..

TQ

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Dear All Sifu's,

My original A32 tyre and rims is 205/55/15, i wanna change to 215/55/17.

I wanna lower the car with adding eibach prokit springs with the original absorbers.

1) will my car hit the body of my car if i install 215/55/17 to the cars with such springs as it will lower the car??

2) Shall i install the springs first then only install the rims and tyres???

I choose 55 series because i wanted the same comfort as original, i dont want to spend money then cannot match lo.. I worried 50 or 45 too bumpy later cos i travel often to some not so even roads.

Hope you all can help me out here..

TQ
Dear William, Welcome to the Fatty Club,

I am currently using 215/55/17 and here are some of the feedback from the xperiance on the ride:-

55 for 17s are well balanced rims for the fatty, not so wobbly druing corners and not so hard during rough roads.(trunk roads) I've used 45's before , no good too hard, any road bumps will directly transfer to your steering and ride without any absorption from the tires , if you know what I mean. Even more so if you have lowered your car. However conering on smooth roads are superb!

I would suggest you to install the RIMs and tires first in order for you to measure the lower ride hide to suit your likings. Just don't lower it too much, It will look cool when parked but rides like sh*t.

Oh yes, one more thing to note:- your front end skirting (If any) will tend to hit the curbs when you enter shopping malls and workshops.

SB3:biggrin:

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
SB3, Thanks for your reply..

Noted your message. Fix Tyres & Rims First.

When you mention that the car will hit the bumper when going into those supermarkets basmement carparks, damn that is terrible, i dont want that to happen to my car..

1) If i dont fix spoilers or bodykit but just lower it, will it get hit as well??

2) If i fix 215/55/17, and just use back original absorbers and springs, will it look odd??

3) What type of absorbers and springs ur cars been using and wat type of tyres u
recommended??, i wanted comfort and quiet tyres, i am not those who accelerate and
corners..

Hope to hear from you soon.

TQ:biggrin:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
SB3, Thanks for your reply..

Noted your message. Fix Tyres & Rims First.

When you mention that the car will hit the bumper when going into those supermarkets basmement carparks, damn that is terrible, i dont want that to happen to my car..

1) If i dont fix spoilers or bodykit but just lower it, will it get hit as well??

2) If i fix 215/55/17, and just use back original absorbers and springs, will it look odd??

3) What type of absorbers and springs ur cars been using and wat type of tyres u
recommended??, i wanted comfort and quiet tyres, i am not those who accelerate and
corners..

Hope to hear from you soon.

TQ:biggrin:
Dear William,

The rule of thumb (for lowering fatty cars) , DO NOT SLAM DOWN THE CAR MORE THAN 60 MM. You will have headaches ranging from scraping belly of vehicle, noisy front axles during turns as the axles will stretch to its maximum range. (Like bending your backbone to the max!) This will shorten the life of your CV joints, $$$ again , lousy ride - Don't listen to those fellas who said that they have comfortable rides with lowered springs , Its Bull***t . What else ? Ah yes, For those who have false teeth/s or wearing braise beware! hahaha..., just joking.

Your car might look good with lowered ride height and fancy bodykits but there are trade-offs of course . (As above)

Well , there is nothing wrong with sticking to your ori ride hide with 17s, just that the front end will look higher than the rear. I did check with some guys from TC and they have told me that all A32s look like that , thats normal.

Personally, I am real glad to change my springs and suspension back to ori as I dont have to slowdown much when going over speedbumps, parking outside shopping malls, enjoying a more comfortable ride, scratch free belly (my car), longer lifespan of CV joints, No more complaints from fairer sex (Girlfriends, spouse, naggy mother in laws, heheheh..), no more looking for false teeth of Mother in Law, hahaha..just joking.

Well, if you still insist on lowering the ride hide, good luck , go slow bro and choose properly b4 buying.

Tyres? Its more of a personal preference/choice though; however, I prefer BRIGESTONE tires cos they are quiet and comfortable (Aiyaah, getting old already maaa, hehehe.)

Cheers!

SB3.

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
Dear SB3,

Really great for your answer.. Very details and humorous too...
Yea, i totally agree with you that if installing any sport springs will have headache
for gf's or inlaws later on. Ear also pain later... hahaha

Let me change the tyres and rims first and feedback on the ride..

I found out that most ppl here reccomend Lee(USJ 9) workshop for their fatty car repairs,
i guess he must be very good and price also very fair with such quantity of comments..

I hope to hang out with you guys and get more info regarding fatty cars..

stay cool alwayss... :)

van

Jul 1, 2009
hey guys , sb3 make sense and william , why dont you try coil over . if we wish our ride looks cool we have to sacrifice , depend what you need . i used to lower my car i mean very low i even hit the solf drink with my front bumper and i f**k up twice,,, i got the problem that i cant really park my car inside the shopping mall and the big problem is if you let someone drive ur car just pray for ur body kit .. you know what i mean ! if the car is lower but without body kit i think look shit .... anyway long live car lovers ...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dear William,

Well , there is nothing wrong with sticking to your ori ride hide with 17s, just that the front end will look higher than the rear. I did check with some guys from TC and they have told me that all A32s look like that , thats normal.
Cheers!

SB3.
most of musle car in US also front high rear low... min air restric?

van

Jul 1, 2009
hey guys , wish to join a A31 group . but im lost here !!!

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
hey guys , wish to join a A31 group . but im lost here !!!
Van,

You are not lost , the Cefiro Club Malaysia welcomes any Cefiro models be it A31s,A32s,A33s,etc. Its just that A31 owners prefer to join the Drift, Touge forums and other more Gung Ho forums whereby their cars have monster turbos churning more than 300 - 500 ponies and can power slide/drift beautifully.

Maybe you could surf the drift forum and you might find some A31 owners speaking a more common car language. (ie HKS, Greddy Trust turbos, Tein Adj Suspensions, boost meters, blow off valves,Wastegates, Slick tires, RWD LSDs, etc.).

But you are always welcome to join us anytime!

SB3.:biggrin::biggrin:

van

Jul 1, 2009
thanks sb3 :) actually im new here, so still confuse . just need sometimes get to it ! so do you join any club ? mabey i can join :)

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
wah what do i miss, cefiro club welcome all model.

fanatic

May 2, 2009
just sharing my experience, pls dont take this post as my recommendation to do as wat i did.

not too long ago, i replaced my stock springs with eibach pro, ride was super bumpy, wife was making noise so much as she always sits at the rear with my child. and yes, the front end looks higher than the rear. when i measured while the car is stationary, both front and rear are actually of the same height, but its when you accelerate, as the inertia takes effect, the front will rise and the rear will sink, more obvious if the rear is laden with passenger. but recently i replaced the rear springs to ori,...and the result? wife slightly happier, and no more sagging rear.... haha... handling? not much of a difference to me....

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm not sure if this is a BMW 135i or a lower engine specced 1 Series Coupe but seriously, This isn't the first time that I've seen a disaster on wheels surfacing from the island down south. That number plate is not cheap either by Singaporean standards!

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience