A32 ..Need Advise urgently

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Dear Sifu's and Guru's,

I really need advise on this prob...
I started up my a32(3L)this morning without any problem but while I started to cruise on road, I felt that it was more heavier than usual and the engine dies off. I try to start back but when I release my leg fm the pedal...the rpm meter drop to "Zero" and the engine dies beck. After several attempt I manage to get the car to run but I still feel its more heavier than usual and lack of power. FYI...I just service on the 23/12/08...but never change the plugs. The plugs has never been change for quite sometime. Is this prob cause due to the plugs? Or I found my air intake manifold slightly crack....is it due to this..

Pls advise....If its due to the plugs....im going to change it later during my lunch break.

Thanks & regards:driver:
:adore:

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
according to your description, it is probably not your plugs if there is no jerking.
check your air intake hose, I saw a same problem at Lee's place last weekend, the air intake hose was broken causing the engine to die off. can't find replacement temporary wrap it up to prevent air leakage

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Thanks for the info, bro stephan. You are great...the mechanic told me the same thing when I visited him this afternoon...he told me not to change the plug as the car never jerks. It's the air intake manifold that cause the engine to dies off. He have temporary sealed the carck area using windscreen glue. Anyone has the air intake manifold for sale??

Regards:biggrin:

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
Air intake hose from Tan Chong - RM190.00
chop shop cannot find

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Thanks..bro. Will check with chop shop at BM area first...If cant get...then go for new fm Tan Chong,,:banghead:...Anyway are you using a32 too...do u ever had any experiance for engine knocking sound?..

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Thanks for the info, bro stephan. You are great...the mechanic told me the same thing when I visited him this afternoon...he told me not to change the plug as the car never jerks. It's the air intake manifold that cause the engine to dies off. He have temporary sealed the carck area using windscreen glue. Anyone has the air intake manifold for sale??

Regards:biggrin:
Air intake hose or manifold? Which one?:confused:

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
It is the rubber hose after the filter.

yes i am driving A32, my car has knocking sound under load as well. It happen after i changed my downpipe, i suspect the O2 sensor has a problem, but long time already, don't really bother me.

maybe when have spare O2 sensor will change and see.

Bump: seizai - I don't think there is a sensor in there

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Yup seizai..the manifold which has a small box stick to it...but not sure wheather thaere's any sensor on it.... Bro Stephan...me don't really bother too..it only happen's when heavy load...other than that...never hear the stupid sound. Will that cause any other prob?

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
Arun - no problems so far, will inform if it is really the O2 sensor. asked lee to find a 2nd hand one to try out first.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
actually how many o2 sensor there? my catalyst already took out & whole part after soft pipe replaced, there also no o2 sensor there....

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Seizai..stephan...I removed the catalyser too...But it was sometime back...had the knocking sound just recently.....:confused:

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
the sound only comes when you WOP.

the sensor is at the downpipe, when you change, they will make a hole to insert the O2 sensor

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
It sound's more like rattling sound...crik..crik..crik..:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I have this problem with my handbrake where I can feel like the brake force are not equal when I pull up the handbrake. How do I come to this deduction is by testing my handbrake, pull handbrake and try to moving forward or backwards (or pull handbrake while the car is still crawling). I can feel my car like sinking to the rear right. I suspect my rear left is not working or partial working now.

Actually this is my second recurrence..the first one (left not working at all) I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience