Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TURBO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Imagine driving a 1000hp turbo beast at speeds above 250m/h with crazy lag on 80's tires and relatively ancient traction control.....and it's pouring.

And this one guy was lapping everyone else, even the former champion. That's how awesome Senna was. If any of you have the time, go and find the movie "Senna", released in 2010. I highly recommend it.
Correction, NO TRACTION CONTROL at that time! The only traction control was the foot!
Senna was the king, wet or dry, a true racing genius! He should've won Monaco 84 on his first try in the rain using a crappy Toleman (equivalent to maybe Caterham of today). Then in Portugal 85, he lapped all but 2nd place car (Alboreto) which was over 1 min behind him. Yes, that movie is great. I have the full/long version with interviews with Prost, Dennis, & others in between the movie, and I also have it recorded in my Astro PVR.

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I knew the Mclaren didn't have any, but I think the Renault Williams had some sort of traction control and a trick suspension. Wasn't the car he famously drove in the wet though so you're right.

Had a tear in my eye after i was done with the movie..haha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I knew the Mclaren didn't have any, but I think the Renault Williams had some sort of traction control and a trick suspension. Wasn't the car he famously drove in the wet though so you're right.

Had a tear in my eye after i was done with the movie..haha
No, not yet in 85. Lotus actually started active suspension around 87, but that's not traction control but more like self leveling suspension which took its' best form in Williams Renault 92-93 cars. Traction control itself started in early 90s (maybe in 92, cannot remember exactly), but then by 94 got banned (but Shoemaker's Benetton found a way to cheat it).

Well I didn't have any tears but I was amazed by the movie despite already knowing and watching the guy way back then. I did feel quite sad when he died in 94, then I did not follow F1 afterwards for almost 2 years.

Wah we're really OOT already bro! :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No, not yet in 85. Lotus actually started active suspension around 87, but that's not traction control but more like self leveling suspension which took its' best form in Williams Renault 92-93 cars. Traction control itself started in early 90s (maybe in 92, cannot remember exactly), but then by 94 got banned (but Shoemaker's Benetton found a way to cheat it).

Well I didn't have any tears but I was amazed by the movie despite already knowing and watching the guy way back then. I did feel quite sad when he died in 94, then I did not follow F1 afterwards for almost 2 years.

Wah we're really OOT already bro! :)
As usual we always side track a bit.....:biggrin:

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Yup, as per bro Zul diagram. This way works at low and high revs, that is why their torque is so good.....:driver:
Than I start to like Twin-Charge now...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

As usual we always side track a bit.....:biggrin:
Do you know there is a video that made to remember Senna and the Honda NSX?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Than I start to like Twin-Charge now...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Do you know there is a video that made to remember Senna and the Honda NSX?
NA or turbo, now change to twin charge......:driver:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
NA or turbo, now change to twin charge......:driver:
hahaha.. it all started with this t-shirt :biggrin:

if want to start a proper thread, should be like this :

- NA
- Supercharge
- Twin Charger
- Turbo
- Twin Turbo

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Love NA because of its throttle response....

Love Turbo because for a small displacement can give you a nicer torque curve (hotly debatable of course)...

For me, to play NA better go higher displacement... at least 4 liter will do :smokin: ... if not, me play turbo for now hehe:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now no more NA. All in love with TC. I love TC :biggrin:

kyokonitori88

Nov 13, 2012
Osaka, Japan
The turbo model gets a new grille, fog lights and vents at the front with new skirts and wings to enhance the appearance, plus hard-to-miss Turbo badging.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own a kia sportage year around 1997 - First model
So the Alarm remote control (Original from kia) already LOST. hence the Alarm has disable engine from Starting

Well , Starter spinning . But the SPARK PLUG has been disabled and fuel CUT OFF

I have take out ecu and check the power supply - All power supply goes in to ECU , But what else HAS BEEN CUT OFF ???

If i get to know which thing cut off and i can bypasss it . den engine START ...

anyone can help me ?

ANYONE can tell...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience