• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

NA or Turbo?

• NA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TURBO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi-revving 570bhp big capacity V8 with 9000rpm red line with late gen dual clutch box.

That's all you need to destroy all them "claimed" 750bhp Dyno Queens (esp Malaysian Built ones)

I think the argument nowadays is no longer NA vs Turbo BUT more of Dual clutch vs Stick shift.

A 250++ bhp VW GTi is definitely going to destroy a 300bhp (Insert Honda....Toyota.....whatever) just on the virtue of its DSG box. Mind you this will be the traffic light to traffic light drags.

Anyone here thought about how important properly matched gearing is compared to power?

Just my 2 cents.

Coupled to a good launch control and it's gap would widen

Need to confirm, this thread is about car itself or its engine... if about cars then as bro elsm80 is right, need to consider gearbox also... and suspensions... and...
Hi-revving 570bhp big capacity V8 with 9000rpm red line with late gen dual clutch box.

That's all you need to destroy all them "claimed" 750bhp Dyno Queens (esp Malaysian Built ones)

I think the argument nowadays is no longer NA vs Turbo BUT more of Dual clutch vs Stick shift.

A 250++ bhp VW GTi is definitely going to destroy a 300bhp (Insert Honda....Toyota.....whatever) just on the virtue of its DSG box. Mind you this will be the traffic light to traffic light drags.

Anyone here thought about how important properly matched gearing is compared to power?

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I think it's clearly about engine. NA or turbo. Simple.

No mention of gearboxes.

Or suspension.

Or weight.

Or driver skill.

Or sansin's bodypart.

(Sorry, jk only)

Top Bottom