My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
yeehau,
thanks for the info. he initially told me today he would gimme my car. but i asked him just now he said by this week. i told take ur time. dont rush. haha.

i also cant wait to be back to join the tt bro.

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
my experience with rims colour is, with small rim ilk e15" dark colour make it looks smaller
if you have huge rims, then maybe different.

the clearance between rims and fender or mudguard makes all different in appearance

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
crazyee,
when i think about it, it true what u said, darker colour will make the rims look smaller. i appreciate ur input bro. i'm now thinking of getting a 17'' lightweight rim. i like the work rezax. but i still have lotsa time to think about it as my tyres are still new.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Just want to do some minor bodywork & a fresh coat of paint for the body & rims..years of commuting by highway has taken its toll on the paint...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
aalto, it should be around RM1.8k - RM2.5k. also depends on the paint u use and type. Mine is Dupont.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Are u planning to send your car to this shop?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

Integra for live!!!!!
Hell Yeah!!!

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

i am gonna pay a visit later. miss my car dy. cant live without seeing it la. hope the shop guy doesn't get annoyed seeing my face almost everyday. haha.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
still ntg has been done. the paint guy told me that my car, quite a lot of cement was used, so it needs to really dry properly before doing other things. i'm very impatient but at the same time i want him to do a good job. so told him to take his time, no hurry.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
relax bro... when i repainted my ex-kelisa inside out it took about 2 and a half weeks for them to complete everything...

so expect it to take that long

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
yes bro. thats what i m trying to do, hehe. thanks for the advice. mine is only 2 weeks and 2 days now.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
its RM2k for the paint job inside out and RM1.1k for the IM and TB.
May I know what is IM and TB? 2k is for the white colour? If I went for dark crystal green would the price be more?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Mine is crystal white, not 2k white. so, the price should be ard the same. But i am not sure. my paint guy quoted a slightly cheaper price for the 2k white. its best that u check with ur paint guy.

as for the IM n TB, IM is intake manifold and TB is throttle body. I know that u surely know this but i think it did not strike to ur mind cuz v were all talking about paints and colours, so much so this IM n TB thing is like out of the topic. lol... i plan to do this once i get back my car.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
whooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!

should be getting my car tomorrow. i'll post more pics taken today later on. its friday nite and i need to celebrate. will keep y'all posted.

cheers!!

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
CAR IS READY WITH LOTSA LOTSA PICS!!

Well, as i said earlier, i got my car on Saturday 24/9/11. What a relief.. Words just cant express how i feel. Late for a few reasons, 1st, i was too happy that i got my car and was driving around or looking at it most of the time. 2nd, it takes too long to upload the pics to photobucket. now that i finally found time and uploaded the pics, here they are.

taken on 23/9/11
parts were being put together

lights fixed

door trims waiting to go in as well

i saw this at the trunk, any idea what this is?

door trims are in

trims are gathered to be sprayed to give them a fresh look

the process of the trims being sprayed

almost done rear view

side mirrors being installed

side mirror installed - it has this two tone, crystal white and flat black, just love it

trunk looks nice and "clean" with anti rust

dont know what u call them but they are supposed to go to the trunk

head lamps are in

fixing the bumper now

new addition to my car

just before i left, they were looking for uneven surfaces and...

had to go as it was getting late. was just so excited. couldnt wait for the next day to come. had smtg to do in the morning. but as soon as i was done with that, rushed to the paint shop to take more pics and watch how they work. not to check how they work but just love to watch how it is done. so, here they are:

taken on 24/9/11
on my way to the shop, saw this car, nice plate

hope the owner doesnt mind

they were polishing

while i was there, noticed this Hyundai matrix had this in the engine bay. wonder what was that????

more polishing

late addition to the car, end result futher down

u know smtg, i was there quite often and was feeling smtg was missing that makes the car look blank, lifeless.. but couldnt figure out was it. until this... seriuosly i'm telling u, when this was fixed, it made me feel proud and good to be a honda owner. hehe. so i had to take 4 pics front and back

got ntg to say bout this cuz i dont think it helps in anyway unless if there's a box or smtg. can i get it anywhere?

another thing i realised about this jdm front db8 is that from the side view, it looks quite similar to Proton perdana. dunno why, maybe its just me. but with the spoiler, it tot it looks very much better and i love it.

spoiler going in

and its in, i must say here they were really careful in not damaging the paint here

checking my lights, tot they were working fine till i got home. had to DIY just now with the help of my neighbour. me alone equals zero diy. hehe. the signals were not working too.

car was being washed, getting closer for me to ride home in my db8 after bout 3 weeks
and this was the last minute addition. wat do u think? hehe.

in the mean time, i saw this at the shop. 1 of the conti i like.

whatever washing and cleaning were done as i went out to get some kuih and drinks for the ppl at the shop. a small token of appreciation as they were all working together to get my car ready as time was already 6 smtg. so no pics of the cleaning and wiping and all.

THEN, AT 7.15 P.M., MY CAR WAS READY!!!
here are the last few pics of the day taken at the shop.

noticed the masking tape on the windscreens? they're there to hold the rubber that was just silicone-d.

and i was off, driving proudly all the way from the paint shop to my houz as a proud owner of the car, satisfied with the job and praying for no more worries on the bodywork.

anyway, i still have to go back sometime this week to do some final touch up of the silicone on the windscreen. the rubber has shortened over time and so there is a small gab that needs to be silicone-d.

comments please.. what do you'll think?
also a few questions posted above, kindly advice

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i bought a water temp gauge but havent fit into my car...

is this gauge installation just tap from wire or i have to buy other stuff like sensor or things like that?

soli la...
i'm dummy...

anyway, thx for the info..

:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience