My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Since i got this car, i planned to rebuild it to my likings. Now, since I am getting my car a new coat of paint, i thought it would be nice if I had the process posted here. Would appreciate feedbacks, comments etc. Let me thank you all for helping me in choosing the colour in the first place.

Well, I'll start with the extirior. I am not getting the Milano Red which I first liked nor will I be going with the famous, popular Spoon Yellow for my car. I decided to go with a clean Crystal White with a Cosmos Black roof.

Work is still in progress but very slow. I told the paint guy to take his time and deliver a good job. Hope that's what he's doing.

Here are some pics taken on 9/9/11.

Patches everywhere
[/IMG]

Roof

Side view
[/IMG]

Hood
[/IMG]

Today, I went again to snap a few more pics. Here they are:

All nice and smooth. Guess they have sandpapered.

Rear view
[/IMG]

Roof
[/IMG]

Bonnet
[/IMG]

Side view
[/IMG]

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I was told that the car will be primer-ed tomorrow i think. Didn't quite understood what that guy said.

Guys, I opened this thread to get some views from u as well. About the 2 tone thing, I like the idea of the roof being black. In your opinion, should i use black anywhere else? I guess just as it is would be best? What u think?

Another thing would be my rims. What colour should i go for? I am currently using this Advan Racing RG.
[/IMG]

What colour should I go for? These wheels came in 3 colours if i am not wrong. Gold, white and silver. I personally like gunmetal but i cant imagine if it would look nice for these rims since it has the blue ADVAN Racing printing on it? Plus its not an original colour. Has its own pro's and con's. Con is gunmetal takes away the authenticity of this wheel. Pro is it would be less likely to be stolen. Anyway, since its not an ori colour, i thought of going with silver. What say u? White car with silver rims? Gold is also not a bad choice actually. I'm confused :confused:.

Help me out ppl.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
black roof, hood and boot....and also side mirrors...

rims...orange or takata green :D

yes, i have a tendency to like these "odd" colours hahahahha

Last edited:

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
just curious asking, why don't you deal with engine stuff first before do painting?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hmm, a set of 17" matte black advan rz or black color ssr type F would look superb with the white paint..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Forgot to mention, the side mirrors will also be black but only part of it. Not the whole thing.
Bout the hood and trunk, i initially wanted to go for black as well. Then, I changed my mind about it. I would prefer to have the CF hood and trunk. Thanks bro for ur view.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
who dowan real cf hood and trunk, the prob is not everyone can afford it thus had to paint it black..

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
crazyee, i was planning that actually but recently i met with a minor accident and therefore, decided to paint it once and for all. otherwise, i will have to fork out with more money to touch up now, and then repaint the whole car later on. i just have to tell my mechanics to be extra careful when working on the engine.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

ehdrian, no money to change rims la. summore i just change tyres. haha.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

who dowan real cf hood and trunk, the prob is not everyone can afford it thus had to paint it black..
exactly.... haha. old men, dont see it that way i think.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
just noticed ur caliper is blue... so rims.. magnesium blue :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
damn, just googled it. that mag blue is damn bloody nice. thanks bro. but dunno the shop guy has it or not. haha. i have not heard of it until now. in that case, i should get my caliper sprayed that colour as well right?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
caliper no need la... it takes alot of heat n dust and people usually dont wash caliper......itll end up bad later...

rims not so bad...not as hot and people wash rims :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
what do u think about the blue printing on the rims? what to do with that?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
get rid of them...just leave the rims blank

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
updates updates

car has been primer-ed and sanded bout 20%. once fully sanded what's usually next? i really cant understand what my paint guy talks.

oh ya, pics will be in tomorrow. will keep y'all posted.

madman, my paint guy also suggested a grey blueish colour for the rims. but i dont know if it was magnesium blue that was in his mind. he mentioned its a new colour for rims. i also have gunmetal or silver in mind. i prefer a clean, low profile look.

any other suggestions ppl?

now, i also need ur opinions on the spoiler. i have the itr spoiler now. but am deciding if i should take it off? some db8 without the spoiler looks great too. :confused:

anyway, its still being decided. what bout the colour? should i do Cosmic Black for the spoiler as well or leave it the same as the rest or shall i make it 2 tones as well. u know nowadays, got some spoilers using 2 colours, the stand one colour and the wing another colour? can u picture it/seen it?

common guys, hope to hear more from u ppl. i have difficulties to imagine. so, other suggestions r much appreciated.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you all know, most Proton cars has this "disease" of rust appearing on the roof of the car. It is due to the glue that is used to stick the roof to the frame that is too "salty".

as far as i know, one way to treat it is to remove the glue and replace it with glue that will not cause corrosion on the roof.

anyone know what's the suitable glue to use??

can i use those black silicon (use to stick windscreen)??

i spotted a few small spots of rust....beginning stage. so i guess it's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience