Modifying stock airbox

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
servo said:
sharing some info..... :D ..........

For everyone that swears that a CAI is not worth while on our cars and that the stock airbox can supply enough air needed, I did a test. I have the EVO CAI and I wanted to try out my modfied airbox. I shaved the top of the box, cleared the bottom of it, added a 3.5" expensive hose to the box from the front of the car, and added an ITG. Well guess what, it pounded the EVO into the ground like a fence stake. No more EVO for me. I am only going to show the airmass but the hp is higher as well, by 3 - 5 hp over the EVO from a block 120.

Stock Box w/ stock filter, smoothed inners = 172 g/s
Stock Box w/ stock filter, smoothed inners, ram hose = 177 g/s
EVO CAI = 178 g/s
Stock Box w/ ITG, smoothed inners, ram hose = 184 g/s

Stock Box Top

Smoothed Stock Box, used dremel, sand paper, and love

Hose with to much space

Hose with filled in edges using insulation tape, the wire was removed so entrance was smoother later.

Isulation tape from home Depot

Bottom box with edges removed, water gate cut, and engine intake sealed

Front mount hose

dude.. what is ITG?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A few months ago Ferrari got into trouble with the world when allegations surfaced suggesting that the barcode in its logo was subliminal advertising for Marlboro cigarettes; the scuderia's title sponsor.

Ferrari moved quickly to strongly deny the reports but the damage was done and Ferrari had to agree to remove the barcode. Now Ferrari has unveiled a new logo for all its team's attire and car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience