Modifying stock airbox

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Originally posted by lawrencelyl+Dec 31 2004, 11:22 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lawrencelyl @ Dec 31 2004, 11:22 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hann@Dec 31 2004, 10:01
What car are you driving?? Mine is Wira 1.5 (M) 2002. Even with cam,extractor,filterand iridium pluds, at 6500rpm is all noise and no go. :angry:
yeah...I think the cam is 262 degree. PZ recommended to have the idling adjust at Spin(USJ) as they have the machine to do it. Done it and had the idle adjusted to 850rpm but still the same. It is like 'farting'.
mine is Wira SE... in pure stock condition when i did that... ;)
don't dare to rev anymore coz already in red line...
btw, i think most high cam also behave like that lar... [/b][/quote]
mind to share out what is the different btw driving with a normal cam and high cam??? :)
what is the adv and disadv of high cam? :rolleyes:

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
just my opinion,

don't use knn or the hks (mushroom) filter. use the apexi power intake.

ok knn u need to maintain, hks also need maintainence, and it isn't exactly cheap. whereas the apexi one, all u have to do is at every service just blow high pressure air into the filter and it's good to go again! (it cannot come in contact with water or else ur screwed!)

ok, filteration quality, hks is THE WORST! meant for really track cars or if u hardly use ur car as a daily driver. apexi has better filteration quality than the knn one because, apexi is not oil based and does not need the oil to help in trapping the dirt while sucking in air.

bottom line, go for the apexi power intake.

i felt the difference, not only in a nicer growl from my engine but my 0-100km/h time improved by 4.3 seconds! if that isn't good...i don't know what is.

oh and also, don't buy those 6" open pods for ur car cause u MIGHT feel a slight lag...just like turbo haha. cause ur engine is not that capable of sucking in HUGE ammounts of air at a time.

hope this helps. i'd be glad to answer anymore questions on this filter :)

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
ALL highcams are like that wan le

why else the V-TEC is invented?

nice tame low-end, plenty of torque here
and after certain rpm,
*VRRRRRRRRROOOOOOM

the cam becomes a WiLD-HiGH cam.
then the power naik even more.
2-in-1, that's why the technology is so much better

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
Originally posted by tykoh@Dec 31 2004, 11:56
mind to share out what is the different btw driving with a normal cam and high cam??? :)
what is the adv and disadv of high cam? :rolleyes:
for more info about standard camshaft and high performance camshaft, click on this URL: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/camshaft2.htm
i also believe Apexi power intake is good...not just maintenance free but very good filteration too...
too bad it comes with a price :P

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
man......if u guys ussing simense ecu better use back stock filter.... i am a part time mechanic most of the car with simense ecu put on opend plod filter sure will gain the dust stick on the trottle valve.... but for those ppl have stock filter bolt on have no problem..... but i have tone to my car just like pic below ... just remove the water filter box....sound also go loud when apply full trottle......

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
water filter box ?? wah... haha
or you mean air filter box ?
or the U-shaped pipings before the air filter box which is used to prevent water from entering the air box ?? :D

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
yup that i... only leave the air box a big hole... the water wont go in what... so far so good ...

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
hey guys.. got something to ask.. if i just wanto try removing de U-shape piping b4 de air filter box. how to do it ah? need to remove de battery 1st?

izzit possible to replace de U-shaped pipe with a flexible hose as CAI leaving de filter box standard? if can wat size of de hose i can fit in?

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Originally posted by khguan@Jan 2 2005, 15:25
hey guys.. got something to ask.. if i just wanto try removing de U-shape piping b4 de air filter box. how to do it ah? need to remove de battery 1st?

izzit possible to replace de U-shaped pipe with a flexible hose as CAI leaving de filter box standard? if can wat size of de hose i can fit in?
.....bro you ned to take out the tyre and battery

lawrencelyl

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
Penang
www.intel.com
Originally posted by khguan@Jan 2 2005, 15:25

you need to remove the battery to unscrew the 2 screws for the U-shape piping...
then you can take out the U-shape piping through the mud flap...don't know the exact name...
for me, i didn't take out my tyre...just turn the steering to the left side :P

12oY

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
kuantan
Visit site
i didnt take out my battery... just unscrew my batt only.... then turn ur tyre left and un screw the fuse box.... then unscrew the 2 screw and it is out....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Seriously a series of car faults these days....

I went for a manual transmission fluid change. I brought my own gear oil. After draining my transmission of the old oil, it was time to fill in the new. The worker used a machine that was meant to flush ATF to pump my new gear oil into my gearbox. I wasn't sure if that was the standard procedure, so I kept quiet but made sure he flushed the machine thoroughly. And I did ask him to run the machine through with more fresh gear oil.

Long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience