Modding A 4g93 N/A Engine...Give ur comments pls ppl

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
V8_nutter said:
Niseputra,,are u using MAF sensor ?? With your spec, i beleive you can bump more horsepower with a Microtech MAP wirings:regular_smile: perhaps can gain at least 15hp more. Do you mind sharing with me your cam setting,,how many advance and retard you run on the intake & exhaust ? what is the power like,,,more to midrage or top end ?

1 more thing,,,you get that tourque figure with 4g93 intake or GSR intake ? any port doing on the intake itself ? wanna share.
Yes, still with the maf sensor and 93's intake. Yes I do believe it can gain more with MAP wiring but it will requires standalone ecu which an idea that have been put into hold due to high cost involved. IF I do run standalone I will definitely go for 4 throttle for the top end power and with some trumpet length tuning I believe I still can gain a strong mid range torque. :regular_smile:

I always believe to have a strong engine for daily usage (yes I use my car daily) it must has a strong low, mid and high tork. Maybe some will say that we cannot have all the tork at all rpm range. I believe the otherwise. That was why when I started building my engine, all the mods were towards high torque increase.

My engine starts to give 150Nm+- at 3000++rpm and up the way till 210Nm++ at 5000rpm+-. A 2.0 vtec will give 200Nm++ when the vtec opens at mid range rpm level (sorry forgot the vtec open point- somebody can help here). And I still have around 180Nm torque at 7100rpm. If you plot my dyno figure, u can see that my torque curve is considered very flat compare to 2.0 vtec that only shows high figure when the high lobe vtec function comes into play.

And all these is still without my anti reverse and staggered long primaries 4-2-1 F1 style header! Money is the limitation here.

I've answer the cam setting before. Maybe u can check again ya.

And the best thing is I spend less than 7k for all the mods and tuning. Something that vtec connot give with the same amount of money. (but of course I did most of the mods under my own supervision and no specific workshop that handles all of it thus enabled me to cut the cost down).

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
id be happy n only satisfied if i can get the power delivered with reliability.....yeap RELIABILITY ,its seriously a important factor esp in a car of daily usage

niceputera

Known Member
May 4, 2005
satria81 said:
id be happy n only satisfied if i can get the power delivered with reliability.....yeap RELIABILITY ,its seriously a important factor esp in a car of daily usage
True. :regular_smile:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
u don wanna be in a situation where by ur machine takes of really quick like a rocket on start n stops after a quarter mile or so....hahha...imagine that:)

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
niceputera : my knowledge on valve angle jobs is indeed limited.......i've oni done some search here and there + some long staring at the valve heads of a 93 DOHC and Mivec......basically what i'm very curious n cant really understand is that how they do a valve angle job......if a valve angle job requires to grind/reprofile/polish or whatever the term is, wouldnt tat means tat the valves wouldnt b able to shut properly...???.....coz even in stock form, there's already very little room to spare for the valves to shut tight....n even in stock form, i noticed tat its already 3 angled...!!!....unless its a totally different process.......or does tat means tat we need a bigger valve after valve angle job has been done....???.....plz do englighten me abit.....thx and cheerz mate....

Daihatsu Mira

Known Member
Jan 23, 2005
Sabah
Visit site
k&n air filter ...
can get more volume and more CFM into the egine...
so that u car can get more air...
among all filters,k&n can be reuseable lah...not like hks one have to refilled after 10000km...
cheers....
just my 2 cents...

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
bro niceputera, i remmeber you stating that it's best to have the CR below 12:1 rite?
but if proper fuelling is done; can we have a CR of more than 12:1?

hmm btw, whats the cost of your're engine moddifications? very very intresteing to see a 93 motor running 210Nm of torque. If some1 were to bolt on a MIVEC head to a 93 motor; will the person be getting the same torque figures?

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Daihatsu Mira said:
k&n air filter ...
can get more volume and more CFM into the egine...
so that u car can get more air...
among all filters,k&n can be reuseable lah...not like hks one have to refilled after 10000km...
cheers....
just my 2 cents...

bro,

whats the meaning of CFM into the engine...pls n thxn yea!

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
CFM is the quantity of air going into a certain place perminute.

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
pinkdotdesigns said:
CFM is the quantity of air going into a certain place perminute.

Thanks.....know,i roughly roughly know what it means...i thought there was only RPM which is revolutions per minute...:)

Last edited:

pinkdotdesigns

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
hahaha. btw dude, how is ur car? managed to get ur radiator fixed?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

May I know what technique is this called? The guys Pimp My Ride often mix flakes with clear lacquer before spraying it over the existing finish. Do most spray shops in KL/PJ do it? How do I ask for it if I want to have it done on my car and can it be sprayed over the existing paint?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience