Modding 4G18

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member
Jun 6, 2005
10
0
1,501
jelapang
Can any sifus teach me how to mod my engine? i hope to get around 180-200 horse. wish to play na. can also tell me the cost of each item i have to change? thanks alot in advance.... :) :) :)
 

norika_sakai

Senior Member
Senior Member

norika_sakai

Senior Member
Senior Member
Nov 16, 2003
594
0
3,016
Selangor
Visit site
bro ...4g18 is a waja engine rite ?? want to increase to 180 to 200 horse ...bro...cannot la...i mean not kenot la...have to spend alot to your standard engine....better do engine transplant straight....sorry for disturbing ya...hehhe....
 

mengz

500 RPM
Senior Member

mengz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 15, 2005
605
4
3,018
mic1616 said:
Can any sifus teach me how to mod my engine? i hope to get around 180-200 horse. wish to play na. can also tell me the cost of each item i have to change? thanks alot in advance.... :) :) :)
mic1616, if RM is not a major concern to you......theres alot of things u can do to ur 4g18 ler. but then ah....the amount of money spent to get tat much horses....its just not worth it ler....whether the engine is realiable or not also another story. but anyways, 180-200 ponnies on 4G18 sounds abit impossible.

1. High Cams + valve springs
2. Port and Polish
3. Blue print the engine (balance + lighten)
4. rebore the block and fit in larger pistons. (displacement increase)
5. fit in a twin-cam head. (from 4G15)
6. a good complete engine management system.
 

d3ftones

Known Member
Senior Member

d3ftones

Known Member
Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
176
1
3,018
peejay
dun forget..bore n replace with higher comp piston.
adj cam pulley (ada ke?)
insert 4 throttle?
 

bnr34

Known Member
Senior Member

bnr34

Known Member
Senior Member
Jul 28, 2004
403
6
3,018
conclusion
FINALLY, standart is better. right guys?
can use extra money go to travel with gf or family, friends..
 

dareMAX

Known Member
Senior Member

dareMAX

Known Member
Senior Member
Aug 3, 2004
297
2
3,018
RAMD
mengz,

Correction for :- 5. fit in a twin-cam head. (from 4G15)

4G15 are single cam, if u are point 4G91 yes it is twincam but it does not suit for 4G18.
Should go for 4G92 or 93. Some 1.6 SOCH had done changing the head to 4G92.

Search some info form technical forum.

Good luck dude.
 

merz2

Known Member
Senior Member

merz2

Known Member
Senior Member
Oct 25, 2004
116
0
3,016
Malaysia
Visit site
latest version of 4G15 is a doch engine from japan year 98 and above...its from newer lancer....the timing belt is on the left side like waja....can mod to waja i think...4G91 cannot fit la....
 

taqu

Known Member
Senior Member

taqu

Known Member
Senior Member
Dec 17, 2004
207
1
3,018
Visit site
Dude, go to Powerzone and ask 'em what products are there for 4G18. I know they got extractor for Waja. For other items I'm not sure.

Basically 180bhp-200bhp (in N/A) from 1.6 litre engine will make it horrible (unacceptable for normal driving) below 2500RPM, if u can accept this fact than good luck.
 

mengz

500 RPM
Senior Member

mengz

500 RPM
Senior Member
Jan 15, 2005
605
4
3,018
dareMAX said:
mengz,

Correction for :- 5. fit in a twin-cam head. (from 4G15)

4G15 are single cam, if u are point 4G91 yes it is twincam but it does not suit for 4G18.
Should go for 4G92 or 93. Some 1.6 SOCH had done changing the head to 4G92.

Search some info form technical forum.

Good luck dude.
hehhee bro.....definitely the 4G91 twin-cam head cannot fit onto waja block ler. its the 4G15 twin-cam head, and yes 4G15 has a single cam and a twin-cam version. u can get it from a Mitsubishi Colt. the colt even has a 4G15 twin-cam mivec turbo version. get tat head, and u have a 4G18 dohc mivec :) i saw in klang selling tat head for rm2k+.

p/s: in seremban sum workshop is offering rm1k to fix the 4g15 twin-cam head onto the waja's 4g18 block.
 

dareMAX

Known Member
Senior Member

dareMAX

Known Member
Senior Member
Aug 3, 2004
297
2
3,018
RAMD
Wow I dun know that they even have 2 different engine with one series/code. Thkz for your info.



mengz said:
hehhee bro.....definitely the 4G91 twin-cam head cannot fit onto waja block ler. its the 4G15 twin-cam head, and yes 4G15 has a single cam and a twin-cam version. u can get it from a Mitsubishi Colt. the colt even has a 4G15 twin-cam mivec turbo version. get tat head, and u have a 4G18 dohc mivec :) i saw in klang selling tat head for rm2k+.

p/s: in seremban sum workshop is offering rm1k to fix the 4g15 twin-cam head onto the waja's 4g18 block.
 

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member
Jun 6, 2005
10
0
1,501
jelapang
Hi gurus, if i plan to do a quad throttle and bore my block and change high comp pistons(if any), camshaft(if any), port n polish, are there any thing else i can do? and what is the increase in power i am looking at with these mods? Thanks everyone for all the advices you have given. I was away in job assignment and i am ready to do my car. Any workshop to recommend btw?
 

Dino@Casper

Senior Member
Senior Member

Dino@Casper

Senior Member
Senior Member
May 13, 2005
666
2
3,018
P.J
No point spending so much money on a 4G18 to get 200bhp, by than i think your car reliability would be an issue if your mechanic haven't done a good job.. better drop in a 4G93T or the Mivec.. more money Evo..
 

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member
Jun 6, 2005
10
0
1,501
jelapang
i don't think i am looking at 200 horses anymore. but wat is the best mods i can do with this engine? and what's the max i can squeeze out of this engine?
 

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member

mic1616

Junior Member
Senior Member
Jun 6, 2005
10
0
1,501
jelapang
any workshop to recommend? how much are these added up? are the parts easy to find? Thanks for all advices