MMC pulls out of WRC

moe6

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
PJ
Visit site
http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/motorsports/detail1389.html

Tokyo, December 14, 2005 — Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has announced that it has decided to suspend participation in the FIA World Rally Championship series from 2006.

With the Mitsubishi Motors Revitalization Plan as a basis, MMC has made a solid start toward revitalizing its business operations. However, to strengthen and build upon this base, MMC realizes that it must focus management resources on the continued promotion of the revitalization plan.

Mitsubishi Motors hopes to return to the WRC Championship series from 2008, after the completion of the revitalization plan, which covers fiscal 2005 to 2007.

This decision however does not extend to MMC's efforts in the Dakar Rally (commonly known as Paris-Dakar). Mitsubishi Motors will continue to compete in this event.

— Starting with an overall championship in the Safari Rally in 1974, the Mitsubishi WRC Team has accomplished a spectacular 34 wins in the WRC series. The team won the drivers' title 4 consecutive years from 1996 to 1999, and won the prestigious manufacturers' title in 1998.

TOE PECK

Banned
Oct 29, 2005
about time la..the new lancer evo base is not competitive..the wheelbase is too long..doesnt have the handling of the last evo 6.longer wheelbase b'cos mitsu sold to matsalleh..hence they want more leg room for passenger..then came up with stupid gizmo ACD,AYC bla.bla for stupid road drivers..whereelse the base is not good..now mitsu in trouble again..even when matsalleh in control...hmmmm..sounds like P1...matsalleh buy to just destroy it...hmmmm..MAS?maybe..

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
if i was not wrong, there is another team also pulling out

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
yes..i think Peugoet..correct me if i am wrong...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
next year will be last year for citroen WRC also. until they decide to rejoin WRC again. toyota is focusing on F1. i wonder whether there will be another EVO in lancer or not.

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
TOE PECK said:
about time la..the new lancer evo base is not competitive..the wheelbase is too long..doesnt have the handling of the last evo 6.longer wheelbase b'cos mitsu sold to matsalleh..hence they want more leg room for passenger..then came up with stupid gizmo ACD,AYC bla.bla for stupid road drivers..whereelse the base is not good..now mitsu in trouble again..even when matsalleh in control...hmmmm..sounds like P1...matsalleh buy to just destroy it...hmmmm..MAS?maybe..
hard to say la...did u notice that everything come together?

When E7 wan the new rally car+ Tommi Makinen left Mitsu they start losing... Driver or car problem?

N i dun tink the ACD or AYC is stupid. Mayb we noob drivers duno how to utilise its functions oni. Mayb when we know it'll do wonders...Stil no prove also....Coz i'm not an evo owner...
Btw i've seen jap n top gear drivers commenting on the difference of handling wif these ACD n AYC thingy.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap yeap.... according to japan top racing drivers, they can really feel the difference with ACD and AYC... in terms of cornering speed and the exit of a corner when they open up the throttle, evos equipped with ACD and AYC are faster....

but then, bear in mind that all those testing are done on circuits... how often do we able to drive our car to the max in circuits??...

bulan777

Dec 4, 2005
kher said:
hard to say la...did u notice that everything come together?

When E7 wan the new rally car+ Tommi Makinen left Mitsu they start losing... Driver or car problem?

N i dun tink the ACD or AYC is stupid. Mayb we noob drivers duno how to utilise its functions oni. Mayb when we know it'll do wonders...Stil no prove also....Coz i'm not an evo owner...
Btw i've seen jap n top gear drivers commenting on the difference of handling wif these ACD n AYC thingy.
i tot its bcoz driver! no driver like tommy for mitsu...unless mistu offer me to join..hehehe.perhaps hehe

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
why is mitsu leaving the rally scence?
There goes a fierce competitor...
i still loved to see the STI and the EVOS battle it all out in the muddy terrain...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
cannot la... now got citroen and peugeot battling for it also adi... ford also one of the top rival... mitsubishi cannot cope with it adi....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Any one can recommend a good radio signal booster ?
Any other solution? I dunt wanna change my player cos' it has a build in A/C control ( from Japan )
Tried installed a booster (no brand) but doesn't realy do a good job.
Any help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience