wira MMC TB : what is this adjustable screw for?

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
i notice my proton wira 1.5 (a) 1995 injection model (export) .
the trottle body changed 2 times .
the problem is ... same like you all , the TB a bit kong too . then changed and changed . but then ... now when the aircond on , the rpm drops very low . what is the problem ?
sometimes even can sei foh ! walau eh !!!

the TB cleaned last month , still seifoh once in a while . what is the problem .

now , back to the topic , i mentioned that behind the throttle body there is a screw that pulls the cable for fuel intake . and there is anohter screw ON the throttle body itself . if you standing right in front of the radiator , it is facing to you on 45 degree . i don't care what is it becasue my wira already very chan .... but i need to know why the rpm is mor e and less when i adjust it ? is it to ontrol the revv of AF ratio ? how come AF ratio is controled by the srew not the ECU since mine is ECU unit .

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
that screw is to adjust the idling......

when u get these problems u change the WHOLE tb or wat...? i thought only those little gears below it required replacement...most of the time anyways. (varies from case to case.)

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
that one is for idling ?
how come last time i heard someone said that it is for the AF ratio screw .

why idling ? throttle screw and one the adjustable screw ? or this adjustable screw is to control the air into the engine while the throttle screw to the cable is to control the fuel intake ?

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
u try screwing it in la...see your engine mati or not. heheh....

the CIS (those gears unter the TB) should be shut off before playing around with that screw u mentioned...

there's a wire with a brown connector looking thing dangling from the firewall, open that and use a wire to connect the terminal u see inside it to any grounding point. :)

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
i think tb tat hav gears is mitsu wans.. if u hav prob wit very low rpm, just take WD40 n spray towords the butterfly.. while ramming spray.. my 2 cents

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
if ur engine mati after turn on aircond....means ur step motor not working....
go change ur step motor....

spray wd4d for wat? mind expain?

the skru is to control ur engine idling....
step motor also control ur engine idling too...while aircond is on :)

bridgestoneRE711

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
how sure are you that the screw is for the aircond idling ?
i am quite not sure about it but my experience on screwing it caused the engine to die , sei foh . i did it without the aircond on .

my theory is , the cable screw is to control the fuel intake and this Throttle body screw is to control the air intake to the manifold . both thing must tune togehter , if this screw on the TB is to tune the idle , why is it 2 screws ?

what is the step motor calls ? ISC ? i changed my ISC , better but then still xist .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any performance parts for it ? can u list down the item and price ? let say sohc and dohc... thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience