Mclaren Signs Kovolainen!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Mclaren have completed building what seems to be a formidable force for 2008 after signing Finnish rookie, Heikki Kovolainen. The Finn found himself out of a job at Renault when the team opted for Nelson Piquet Jr. as their second driver.

Kovolainen joins the Woking-based race team on a long term deal after a remarkable debut season with Renault. Mclaren is convinced that Kovolainen and Hamilton will be a force to be reckoned with as both drivers have shown impressive form and pace in their debut season.

The team have also confirmed that long term test driver Pedro de la Rosa will remain as third driver, with Gary Paffett staying on board as tester.

Heikki Kovolainen, who commences his on-track program in early January had this to say about Mclaren signing him, “I am so excited to join a team like Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes. So far I have been blown away by the dedication and commitment to winning which is clear through the entire organization and I am really excited about our joint future. As a Finn, it’s an honor for me to follow in Mika and Kimi’s footsteps. I haven’t really spent a lot of time with Lewis so far but from what I know I think we will work well together and do our best for the team.”

Lewis Hamilton is equally looking forward to the arrival of the Finn, having gone through a few testing moments with Alonso this past season.

“As soon as the chequered flag went in Brazil I began to count down the days until Australia,” said Hamilton. “I am really looking forward to 2008 and working with Heikki as my teammate.”

“Together with the team we will do everything we can to ensure that our Championship challenge is as strong and focused as possible. My first year in Formula One was incredible and I was so fortunate to spend it with Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes and I hope that Heikki will enjoy his first year with the team as much as I did mine.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerosports

Known Member
Oct 11, 2006
Looks like Mclaren is the home for most Finn driver such as Hakkinen, Raikkonen N etc ha....

busy_walk

Known Member
Jul 28, 2006
Wel... whatever it is... I hope McLaren will win the championship this time... Not being kicked out due to some information leaked issues...

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Of course ma, they had good time with the Finns like Mika and Kimi, and both of them being named as flying finn as well. Not like the spanish... hehehe
Let's wish him good luck. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone help by tellin me, izzit Gti or Detamaso seats can put in the Kelisa? i afraid that the seats gonna cover the handbreak & block the gear even i change n make a custom "tapak" for the seats. Coz i plan change it before raya laaaa haiya so confuse.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience