KKS Autocross Round 5 (11/9/2005)

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
whatdamn said:
mrmic2,
wow! :O shock and horrors! went to survey the place, very big space man. and also i noticed there's a bump after the slalom just before the big loop area.
The track is slippery due to loose gravel in most the area. Probably there will be long straight section.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
julian,
yeah i noticed the gravel parts on my recent scout to PA1 car park...but it's not as bad as shah alam stadium ler.

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
crazykid said:
updates please sif0 :biggrin: who won the category and how was it like on that day?
Total of 26 cars took part in the Sunday event. The course encompassed the entire PA1 car park, including the far away end, which took competitors through a loop to the far end.

The Test A run was like this,
Start from box, short sloalom, big loop to the right, down the slope to a left loop, through a quick tight kink right & left, up to a right curve, and immediate switchback slight downhill 180deg right, cut thru in-between kerbs, to another set of in-between kerbs, sloalom down to a loop, and sloalom back to finish.

Test B was a reverse run of Test A.

Test C was the highest speed of all, and any autocross ever held in msia. It had a high speed downhill 3rd gear run, which in my wrx, i hit 150kph, before a slight right at a cone, to a 90 deg left to finish.

This Test C saw most cars, passing the cone sideways!!!!! as you had to brake before the 30kph left hander to finish. Think evryone enjoyed this the most.

Open Category
1st Ivan Khong WRX
2nd Osman Lotus Elise
3rd Mickey Teoh MR2

Sports Car Class
1st Mohd Hisham Lotus Elise (damn fast guy in a damn fast car!)
2nd Dominic Ang Lotus Elise (can u believe this guy is only 16 years old?)
3rd Jonathan Teoh Toyota MRS

1.8lit Class
1st Mac Chung Hui Proton Putra Nando's Edition
2nd Mac Chung Jin Proton Putra Nando's Edition
3rd Allen Au Toyota Corolla AE101

1.6lit class
1st Ho Wai Kok Proton Wira
2nd Alvin Lim Toyota Corolla
3rd Julian Pang Proton Wira

1.3lit class
1st Asrul Azam Suzuki Swift GTI

1.0 Class
1st Chan Yau Koon Perodua Kelisa
2nd Kow Shi Boon Perodua Kelisa

Surprise of the day was:-

Ho Wai Kok, in a 1.6 Wira, beating more powerful cars, setting super fast times to come in 4th Overall, which I think he deserves a special award for pushing the Wira 1.6 to performance levels unheard of.

Alvin Lim, in his Toyota Corolla 20valve, best result (as far as I remember) in any autocross, driving really well, realy hard but still smoothly to secure 2nd spot after Ho WK, and ahead of Julian Pang (uncle champ), which I think had a bad spot of luck. Alvin has greatly improved his driving since the 1st SSO autocross.

Osman B. Jalani, normally services and delivers the Lotus Elises, for the Lotus team, got a hand in entering his 1st autocross, putting in a really good showing, especially his donuts, which was well executed and controlled, unlike the bugger in the WRX that generated the most tyre smoke going round and round in circles.

Award for Fastest Learner From FWD to RWD car, goes to Yogaretnam, who showed that it only take 2 weeks and 1 autocross to learn how to drift a RWD KE70 thru an autocross course, coming from a lifetime of driving a fwd car!

That will be all for now.

Cheers.

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
darkhelmet = ivan ??

Yeah it was my first time in RWD ... i never go karting also so it was a totally different experience for me .. was just getting the feel of the car that day and getting used to the tail sliding and trying to gain control of the car ... really scary and exciting at the same time .. so much so that after the so called "drift" i couldn't drive properly already .. leg all shaking .. almost bang into champion ho's car while trying to reverse park at the garage... hahahahahahahaha .... sorry ho .. brain lost it's direction already ... once i have learnt to control the car more will try to be more competetive to those top 3 !!! hahahahahah ...

Also a big thank you to ivan and ricky for giving me tips on how to drive the rwd ... really hard to letgo so many years of driving experience and fight the urges to step on the brake everytime the rear steps out .. hehehehehehe ... really a fun event despite the long hot and tiring day !!! really learned a lot !! hehehe

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
yoga.... time to join the drift clinic for more practice hehehe. :D

Test C probably sees the most spins and near-spins in all the tests.

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
MK84 said:
yoga.... time to join the drift clinic for more practice hehehe. :D

Test C probably sees the most spins and near-spins in all the tests.
Yoga - Master MK has spoken............

MK - Got to hand it to you how you handle the MR2, built for drag, drifting thru the hairpins and donuts, in an autox time trial circuit. Talk about multi-purpose car!

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
i learn alot from you guys too....... wish i could sit in ivan car when he do all the stunt....and pee in my pants......hahahaaha.......it was fun n tiring and ponteng work the next day...hahaha.....

yoga.......terror than any terrorist......hahahaha

DarkHelmet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2005
tom's said:
i learn alot from you guys too....... wish i could sit in ivan car when he do all the stunt....and pee in my pants......hahahaaha.......it was fun n tiring and ponteng work the next day...hahaha.....

yoga.......terror than any terrorist......hahahaha
YOGA! THE TARMAC TERRORIST! hahhahahahhahahahaha

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
Fella in red wrx : "My car seems to be getting slower"
Mr.X : "It is not your car getting slower,but u getting faster!"
Fella in red wrx : bwahahaa..

**Scene taken from Inital-D 2 ...

Congrats Ivan!
4WD rules.. :)

Wonder anyone took videos of my car on test b- round 2 onwards?
Would like to see if got fireworks/sparklers coming from my tires...hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Damn, my carpark infront of my office buiding also kena pecah masuk
Sumore pecah the rear windscreen

where can get rear windscreen???

i ask for 20+++ kedai potong also dun hav

Item(s) stolen:-

My briefcase with ARIS laptop and Sony CLIE

Why in this world there is someone like this....

Need money go and work lah
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience