KKS Autocross Round 5 (11/9/2005)

buff

Feb 21, 2005
whatdamn said:
buff,
for round 4 i was there at 7.30 am! nobody there till about 8am hahah.
wahlau ehh... 0730 i'm still at mcd buying breakfast! sepang lain cerita. need to wake up at 0600 :(

julianpang

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
buff said:
wahlau ehh... 0730 i'm still at mcd buying breakfast! sepang lain cerita. need to wake up at 0600 :(
7:30 is just about right time to be there.

You can be there first and start your course walk early.

Even if they havent put up the cones yet, you can at least still see the surface condition.

Sometimes, different area of the layout will have different grip level and also pay attention to see if it is sloping up or down, loose gravel, pot holes & etc.. If I remember correctly, PA1 will have a lot of loose gravel on certain area, rough surface & a few off camber area. You need to identify those area and be prepared of what to expect.

Just my 2 cents.

swamp_rat

May 5, 2005
julianpang said:
Swamp_rat,

I will not be the time keeper this round.

However, I will go in as a participant.

Please get Suresh to take over.

Please take note.
Noted. The course is about 1 km long so light weight and plenty of oomph is the order of the day. We will still have the back loop for those who dare to drift.

buff

Feb 21, 2005
it is a big 180 loop with our favourite metal barrier on the outside of the loop. only the brave do this loop with their tail hanging sideways.

swamp_rat

May 5, 2005
And BTW, there are some places where underground water comes through after rain. So you also may have wet patches on top of the loose gravel and off-cambers.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
swamp_rat,
wow! that looks like a very fast course isn't it? looks fun though. :) but yeah, looks kinda dangerous at the loop there.

swamp_rat

May 5, 2005
whatdamn said:
swamp_rat,
wow! that looks like a very fast course isn't it? looks fun though. :) but yeah, looks kinda dangerous at the loop there.
Not if you know what you are doing. Unless you have more b---- than brains!!

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
swamp_rat,
how much clearence is there if you go perpendicularly to the tangent of the loop? say, 10 feet from the armco thinggy?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Open advertising markets overseas makes for very interesting viewing especially in regards to automotive ads. For one thing, it definitely adds some spice compared to the local ads we get with a certain car going up against the dreaded ‘Competitor-X.’

The last major one we saw ended with Mini being handed their petite ass’s on a fine piece of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience