Is it worth to purchase install this tinted?

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
I think I would have a try on this as I discover that this shop is providing discount in groupon and Mydeal since last year..hope I meet a good tinting service provider lol..will update with you guys soon :burnout: thx a lot :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
My car 4 windows with 7mil security tint and front + rear screen with top end V cool. Without AC, inside still like oven, not to mention parking under hot sun for more than 1 hour.

Solution:

1. bring foldable canopy along
2. Install ventilation fan

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
My car 4 windows with 7mil security tint and front + rear screen with top end V cool. Without AC, inside still like oven, not to mention parking under hot sun for more than 1 hour.

Solution:

1. bring foldable canopy along
2. Install ventilation fan

LOL I don't think is workable in my college parking HAHA

Apr 2, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hey car enthusiasts, I need some advice here on tinting too. I was offered by my Honda SA for a tinting called Windshield. Cost a whopping RM1,900 (after only cheapo Rm100 discount). It's 6 mil at the sides and TSER front and back about 63%. I googled for the darn brand and looks like a Malaysia boleh brand.

Besides, the website claims that the film is from USA. I have to say that it sounded shady and deceiving (especially on sentence recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation). Original price supposedly RM2.9k.

Anyone out there can give advice?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
i use el-cheapo tinted like those in groupon...in about 2 years, the tinted faded..
ok la...can buy another...but then they charge you on the removal...

for RM150 you cant go wrong...
some are crazily expensive...RM3000-4000...for a tint? (and maybe safety)..i could say the film worth less than RM1000...maybe RM500-600

use that to put awning...or canopy...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Hey car enthusiasts, I need some advice here on tinting too. I was offered by my Honda SA for a tinting called Windshield. Cost a whopping RM1,900 (after only cheapo Rm100 discount). It's 6 mil at the sides and TSER front and back about 63%. I googled for the darn brand and looks like a Malaysia boleh brand.

Besides, the website claims that the film is from USA. I have to say that it sounded shady and deceiving (especially on sentence recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation). Original price supposedly RM2.9k.

RM1.9k, better take V cool.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

LOL I don't think is workable in my college parking HAHA

Use taxi :love:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

What Honda? If City then that's a little on the high side. For my Innova I was quoted a rock bottom deal with LLumar 4mil tint RM1600. Add about 20% more for retail price.

TSER for the top brands these days hover around 65% so 63% is actually not bad but is there any way to verify that?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For tinting don't go for cheapo. In the end may become more expensive. Tint fading, tint coming off, and worse (seen many) tint coming off but not complete so get polka dots all over, especially the rear windscreen.

So far I have always fitted around RM600 tint, lasted 8 years before it faded. Just re-tint last year and still good....

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
Hi all, the tinted are installed and tested for several weeks, eventually I top up RM150 which means total up as RM398. Paper used are upgraded to Riken solar control tint with 88.2%(as been told but don't know true or not lol) with 35% visible rate. Consider chill and much much better than before even though park under the sun for few hours, just warm up the car for few minutes and the hotness are gone. Anyway, time are require to check whether it will fade or not.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

What I can say is, what ever promotion or offer by Car Sales Advisor on tintings, just ignore and
ask for another free gift. These SA they get commission for recommending customers
to their choice of tinting shop.

Already have cases before last time that a member was disappointed with the RM300 promo
tinting voucher given by SA.

RM1900 you can go for many good brands, Llumar, Raytech or Agard.

Just do a survey yourself 1st and not just listen to others or even take my words for it.

Never heard of windshield before. Tintmaster I bought from Groupon was RM380 4 mil tint
and was upgraded for front and back with darker colour for another RM300. So usually groupon promo
for tinting, what they offer u is not the best but they will suggest u to upgrade after that.

Usually will upgrade cuz is their marketing strategy. Too tempting not to do so.

Tintmaster still okay but I wouldn't say is superb. Just that at least I get in the car and dun feel
like is an oven. But after 2 years, is not as good as before now.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If got to pay then forget it, but then many prefer to get the car all done up rather then go to accessory shop to do other things.
My wife's Tiggo came with package of leather seat, DVD audio, tint and so on, so all done up....

samngcheesan

500 RPM
Jun 13, 2005
pj ss2
i not accept what u reply to me, and you are pushing away the defected part done by your SS2 branch!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody knows how to increase speed without transplant engine? engine 1.3 only. i want 1.3 engine cecah 180km/j macam mana mau bikin?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience