Is it worth to purchase install this tinted?

Apr 2, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hey car enthusiasts, I need some advice here on tinting too. I was offered by my Honda SA for a tinting called Windshield. Cost a whopping RM1,900 (after only cheapo Rm100 discount). It's 6 mil at the sides and TSER front and back about 63%. I googled for the darn brand and looks like a Malaysia boleh brand.

Besides, the website claims that the film is from USA. I have to say that it sounded shady and deceiving (especially on sentence recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation). Original price supposedly RM2.9k.

Anyone out there can give advice?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
i use el-cheapo tinted like those in groupon...in about 2 years, the tinted faded..
ok la...can buy another...but then they charge you on the removal...

for RM150 you cant go wrong...
some are crazily expensive...RM3000-4000...for a tint? (and maybe safety)..i could say the film worth less than RM1000...maybe RM500-600

use that to put awning...or canopy...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Hey car enthusiasts, I need some advice here on tinting too. I was offered by my Honda SA for a tinting called Windshield. Cost a whopping RM1,900 (after only cheapo Rm100 discount). It's 6 mil at the sides and TSER front and back about 63%. I googled for the darn brand and looks like a Malaysia boleh brand.

Besides, the website claims that the film is from USA. I have to say that it sounded shady and deceiving (especially on sentence recommended by the Skin Cancer foundation). Original price supposedly RM2.9k.

RM1.9k, better take V cool.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

LOL I don't think is workable in my college parking HAHA

Use taxi :love:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

What Honda? If City then that's a little on the high side. For my Innova I was quoted a rock bottom deal with LLumar 4mil tint RM1600. Add about 20% more for retail price.

TSER for the top brands these days hover around 65% so 63% is actually not bad but is there any way to verify that?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For tinting don't go for cheapo. In the end may become more expensive. Tint fading, tint coming off, and worse (seen many) tint coming off but not complete so get polka dots all over, especially the rear windscreen.

So far I have always fitted around RM600 tint, lasted 8 years before it faded. Just re-tint last year and still good....

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
Hi all, the tinted are installed and tested for several weeks, eventually I top up RM150 which means total up as RM398. Paper used are upgraded to Riken solar control tint with 88.2%(as been told but don't know true or not lol) with 35% visible rate. Consider chill and much much better than before even though park under the sun for few hours, just warm up the car for few minutes and the hotness are gone. Anyway, time are require to check whether it will fade or not.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

What I can say is, what ever promotion or offer by Car Sales Advisor on tintings, just ignore and
ask for another free gift. These SA they get commission for recommending customers
to their choice of tinting shop.

Already have cases before last time that a member was disappointed with the RM300 promo
tinting voucher given by SA.

RM1900 you can go for many good brands, Llumar, Raytech or Agard.

Just do a survey yourself 1st and not just listen to others or even take my words for it.

Never heard of windshield before. Tintmaster I bought from Groupon was RM380 4 mil tint
and was upgraded for front and back with darker colour for another RM300. So usually groupon promo
for tinting, what they offer u is not the best but they will suggest u to upgrade after that.

Usually will upgrade cuz is their marketing strategy. Too tempting not to do so.

Tintmaster still okay but I wouldn't say is superb. Just that at least I get in the car and dun feel
like is an oven. But after 2 years, is not as good as before now.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If got to pay then forget it, but then many prefer to get the car all done up rather then go to accessory shop to do other things.
My wife's Tiggo came with package of leather seat, DVD audio, tint and so on, so all done up....

samngcheesan

500 RPM
Jun 13, 2005
pj ss2
i not accept what u reply to me, and you are pushing away the defected part done by your SS2 branch!

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wrong thread I guess..

Anyway, can all these offers in Groupon can be trusted?
No. You get what you pay for. Pay peanut get monkeys.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
good thing not cheeeeep......
Cheeeep thing not good.....

Unless you are super hamsome, the aunty boss loves you and get discount kaw-kaw.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wrong thread I guess..

Have to read the terms and conditions carefully. I got mine for only RM180+ 6 mil from Groupon deals.

:biggrin: Improvement memang ada. I no longer sweat in my mousedeer :rofl:

Can also choose colors u want. Gold, Green, Blue, or illegal black also got but at your own risk.

Brand is CoolMaster. No bullshits like some offer u cheap offer and different color tints then when u reach, they ask u upgrade if want black. Only the top of the windscreen is optional if u want to add the dark black stripe.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Have to read the terms and conditions carefully. I got mine for only RM180+ 6 mil from Groupon deals.

:biggrin: Improvement memang ada. I no longer sweat in my mousedeer :rofl:

Can also choose colors u want. Gold, Green, Blue, or illegal black also got but at your own risk.

Brand is CoolMaster. No bullshits like some offer u cheap offer and different color tints then when u reach, they ask u upgrade if want black. Only the top of the windscreen is optional if u want to add the dark black stripe.
your mousedeer not only need good tint.
it need a beyyer or bigger compressor.
so u end up upgrading the engine as yr current engine cant cope with bigger conpressor.
same prob with kenari,need the best tint as the glass area is super huge.

tint nowadays are not like what it was 10yrs ago.
for below 300 one can get the same quality with what u pay for 800+ today.
which is why accessory shop can survive.

last time 5 years mean 5 years.
now...judge yrself.

my waja had its tint replaced last year.
total cost abt 400+.
not bad.
too bad i scratch the front left when replacing the power window system.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wrong thread I guess..

At first I was skeptical too. Many mentioned they were asked to upgrade, but after bro SF tried, I decided to try also and bought the same package.
Well, what can I say, the workmanship is not bad. I had one small quarter panel with bubbles and one window panel was not sticking well. Went back after 3 weeks they change the tint on the small panel with bubbles and rectified the panel that was not sticking well.
Warranty card given, only thing is you are not sure what tint they gave you, but then if you go to an unknown shop paying higher price you also would not know what tint they are giving you. So I just try and see how long this can last.....:driver:

ghohz

Known Member
Nov 13, 2008
my previous wira use tint that cost 800rm for the whole car back in 2005..forgot what the brand..but it worth for what i paid..park under the sun for 1 hour like park for 2 min with car without tinted..good things absolutely dont come in cheap..hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
your mousedeer not only need good tint.
it need a beyyer or bigger compressor.
so u end up upgrading the engine as yr current engine cant cope with bigger conpressor.
same prob with kenari,need the best tint as the glass area is super huge.

tint nowadays are not like what it was 10yrs ago.
for below 300 one can get the same quality with what u pay for 800+ today.
which is why accessory shop can survive.

last time 5 years mean 5 years.
now...judge yrself.

my waja had its tint replaced last year.
total cost abt 400+.
not bad.
too bad i scratch the front left when replacing the power window system.
Did upgrade before until the package became RM500+ instead of RM300+ which was the price for the promo groupon. End up after 1 1/2 years. Tint like no tint. Car became hot as before.

So decided to try this RM180 and see how long it last. If it last me 2 years or 3 then change back same one at RM180. I kinda save more than tinting those RM1K+ kind of tint.

At first I was skeptical too. Many mentioned they were asked to upgrade, but after bro SF tried, I decided to try also and bought the same package.
Well, what can I say, the workmanship is not bad. I had one small quarter panel with bubbles and one window panel was not sticking well. Went back after 3 weeks they change the tint on the small panel with bubbles and rectified the panel that was not sticking well.
Warranty card given, only thing is you are not sure what tint they gave you, but then if you go to an unknown shop paying higher price you also would not know what tint they are giving you. So I just try and see how long this can last.....:driver:
Yup, agree. So just try and see how it goes since not costly. If it works, we save a lot. Every 3 years change also worth it if RM180 haha

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Did upgrade before until the package became RM500+ instead of RM300+ which was the price for the promo groupon. End up after 1 1/2 years. Tint like no tint. Car became hot as before.

So decided to try this RM180 and see how long it last. If it last me 2 years or 3 then change back same one at RM180. I kinda save more than tinting those RM1K+ kind of tint.

Yup, agree. So just try and see how it goes since not costly. If it works, we save a lot. Every 3 years change also worth it if RM180 haha
If you think like that, then I guess its fine. But like you said.. you won't know if they tint they gave you is good or not.. later this RM180 also tint like no tint..rugi habis lah.

Crap shoot..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. Just want to share something with you out especially for those whose driving Proton Waja. Last CNY while on my way to JB i take a break at Seremban R&R for breakfast. Take a break around 15 minute.Then went back to car then start it up.Few second after that my engine suddenly die.Try to crank back but nothing.Its cranking well just wont start.I suspect battery flat out sing the night before I do some upgrading work for my ICE. Temporally disconnect all recently make connection and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience