Is it worth to purchase install this tinted?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
1 roll medium grade tint cost only RM500-700 and sufficient for about 15-20 cars. Cheap one cost RM200-400 per roll of 100 meters. All will not fail for few years under normal condition. Workmanship tends to be the thing you need to focus on. Go to the shop and check it out yourself. Even they give you mid grade product at RM150, they still can make quite some money out of it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bought one from Groupon also last time RM300+ for Tintmaster tint. But is a catch.

The side mirrors are black but then the front and rear is clearer than the sides. So, they would suggest if u want to
upgrade to a better one. End up i decided to upgrade and get back same colour since it wont look good if is not the same.

Spent roughly RM500 - RM600 in total. Save? Not exactly.

Best if it was offer from the shop itself then different.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
I bought RM120 Groupon for tinted... less than 3 month the tint color start fading... heat is more than my previous 'under the tree' RM300 workshop tint...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mine still okay though but RM600 LOL

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well, there is a catch. The ads usually mentioned up to bla bla bla % of VLT or whatever the term is.
And since they mentioned "..up to..", it could be anything from zero to that % in ads. Not really a worthy deal as they will also try to coax you into purchasing the more expensive ones.
A friend had his ride installed with the cheap coupon somewhere in Gombak or Setapak area and the tinted merely darkened the car as it still turn very hot like no tinted when park under the hot sun.
Needless to say, he burnt close to RM250 including removal of that cheap tint and get it installed with Raytech. I guess good quality doesn't come cheap.

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
Don't trust whatever advertised, I personally don't trust all that percentage of heat rejection. There's some tint shop with infrared for you to try the quality of tint film.

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
Well, there is a catch. The ads usually mentioned up to bla bla bla % of VLT or whatever the term is.
And since they mentioned "..up to..", it could be anything from zero to that % in ads. Not really a worthy deal as they will also try to coax you into purchasing the more expensive ones.
A friend had his ride installed with the cheap coupon somewhere in Gombak or Setapak area and the tinted merely darkened the car as it still turn very hot like no tinted when park under the hot sun.
Needless to say, he burnt close to RM250 including removal of that cheap tint and get it installed with Raytech. I guess good quality doesn't come cheap.
I personally went to this shop yesterday and the person in charge said that that it is 65% of heat rejection and if add on RM100 will become 80% and I'am able to change the colour of the tint..still considering...

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Don't trust whatever advertised, I personally don't trust all that percentage of heat rejection. There's some tint shop with infrared for you to try the quality of tint film.

RM150 what can be expected? Don't be so 'typical Malaysian' :biggrin::burnout:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I personally went to this shop yesterday and the person in charge said that that it is 65% of heat rejection and if add on RM100 will become 80% and I'am able to change the colour of the tint..still considering...
Wow! 65% of heat rejection below RM150? By all mean, go ahead with extra RM100 for 80% heat rejection which cost close to RM1k on renowned brand.
Let us know your feedback after a few months then.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nah, don't go trying to save money on tints, I'm just lucky that mine works, better than cars without tint but I'm still not happy
with the heat rejection, heat is bearable but still feels hot.

Might as well save up the money then go for better ones. Llumar seems to be getting popular
nowadays too besides RayTech and Vkool and also Agard.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
anything below 95% IR rejection will still let feel-able heat in...mine is 97% and still can feel the heat. what i learnt about tints is...get looooooong warranty periods. if they give 10 years, take it cos tints WILL deteriorate. and look for IR rejection. the higher the better.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
[84% Off] Full Car Solar Tinting Package with 5-yr Warranty from RM148

saw this advertisement in groupon today, feeling want to install on my wira, but don't know whether is worth or not? can provide some ideas?:itsme:
My experience with car tints is you get what you pay. Good tints are expensive, bad tints are cheap (or badly installed, so they bubble, peel, etc).

Besides, the %IR does not give the complete picture of heat rejection. The real measurement for heat rejection is Total Solar Energy Rejection (TSER). The higher the TSER, the better. Unfortunately, some tint brands don't tell us what their TSER readings are.

As advised, best to go to shop and check the tint quality behind the heat lamp. The differences in tint quality can be very noticeable behind a heat lamp.

If you are on budget, install good tint (high TSER) on the front windshield. That's where most of the heat comes in. The side windows and rear window can have lower TSER tints (until you save enough money for the full and proper tinting).

Read here:
How effective are window tints in cooling our cars?

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
I think I would have a try on this as I discover that this shop is providing discount in groupon and Mydeal since last year..hope I meet a good tinting service provider lol..will update with you guys soon :burnout: thx a lot :biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
My car 4 windows with 7mil security tint and front + rear screen with top end V cool. Without AC, inside still like oven, not to mention parking under hot sun for more than 1 hour.

Solution:

1. bring foldable canopy along
2. Install ventilation fan

kendrick92

Jul 13, 2011
Johor Bahru
My car 4 windows with 7mil security tint and front + rear screen with top end V cool. Without AC, inside still like oven, not to mention parking under hot sun for more than 1 hour.

Solution:

1. bring foldable canopy along
2. Install ventilation fan

LOL I don't think is workable in my college parking HAHA

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys... so it kinda hard to find any post regarding kia spectra5 hatchback 09 engine swap... i wanted to ask all the sifu's and otai's... is there any suggestion on what engine may fit in to the kia spectra5 engine bay? asked few person on the website and they suggest me with mazda protege5 engine that is the FS series engine from mazda.... it would mean alot for someone to point me some details.... :burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience