Kia spectra5 hatchback engine swap

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
hello guys... so it kinda hard to find any post regarding kia spectra5 hatchback 09 engine swap... i wanted to ask all the sifu's and otai's... is there any suggestion on what engine may fit in to the kia spectra5 engine bay? asked few person on the website and they suggest me with mazda protege5 engine that is the FS series engine from mazda.... it would mean alot for someone to point me some details.... :burnout:

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
Wow..thats even better..:biggrin: hahaha.. will it be a bolt on fit? Or need to customize..?

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
it seems like blacktop would be one of those option of kia spectra5... some interesting thing just pop out of the blues... hahaha i have been talking to some of the local mechanic.. its only an idea he told me.. and evo 4 engine in a kia spectra... it would be a worth time and money to spend on this swap...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if got enuf money and crazy enuf, rocket engine oso can install....

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
pretty much what speed junkie like me have in mind.. hahaha... i've look into and evo4 engine and to me... mounting wont be a big problem :smokin:... but the base of the engine worries me a lot :hmmmm: ... just want to make some last though before making the swap.. would it be worth the money and time... after all making a big hole through my pocket without knowing what am i doing is a waste of money also right.. hahaha... do u have any idea what problem will i encounter? help:adore:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
From JPJ point of view, it would be issue if swapping engine that involves changing of engine mounts.

Dont mind me saying this, but I think the problem would solve itself if the Spectra is sold, and buy another car already with an Evo engine, with endorsement. No offense, but Spectra aftermarket parts and their car is quite "dingin".

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
it seems like blacktop would be one of those option of kia spectra5... some interesting thing just pop out of the blues... hahaha i have been talking to some of the local mechanic.. its only an idea he told me.. and evo 4 engine in a kia spectra... it would be a worth time and money to spend on this swap...
If I recall, this evo engine in Kia has already been done and someone posted up pictures in this forum regarding it. Might wanna do a proper search next time.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/426863-kia-optima-novus-evo-iv.html

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
thank man... u really help me on that part... with the lack of info makes me almost lost hope... hahaha...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Curiously, what is the reason you want to swap engine?

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
as u all know... kia spectra5 engine... that is the 1.6 gamma engine is using only cvt in malaysia... the fuel consumption is a bit high because i have to press on the throttle paddle harder just to move it and i made a big mistake by using a cvt instead of manual. plus aftermarket parts seems like not that great. so with 10k left in my bank.. i need to make something happen. before i start my mission to give my kia spectra5 some justification. need to plan carefully... that why i create this post... so someone can give me some answer that i needed... and im thankful for everyone that reply and gives me idea on what engine may be able to be swap in..

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

If I recall, this evo engine in Kia has already been done and someone posted up pictures in this forum regarding it. Might wanna do a proper search next time.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/426863-kia-optima-novus-evo-iv.html[/QUOTE

just wanted to know... is kia optima have the chassing and mounting area as kia spectra 5 hatchback? if yes. i would like to know... does the owner of kia optima change his/her mounting area or its the same as optima's...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
as u all know... kia spectra5 engine... that is the 1.6 gamma engine is using only cvt in malaysia... the fuel consumption is a bit high because i have to press on the throttle paddle harder just to move it and i made a big mistake by using a cvt instead of manual. plus aftermarket parts seems like not that great. so with 10k left in my bank.. i need to make something happen. before i start my mission to give my kia spectra5 some justification. need to plan carefully... that why i create this post... so someone can give me some answer that i needed... and im thankful for everyone that reply and gives me idea on what engine may be able to be swap in..

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/426863-kia-optima-novus-evo-iv.html[/QUOTE

just wanted to know... is kia optima have the chassing and mounting area as kia spectra 5 hatchback? if yes. i would like to know... does the owner of kia optima change his/her mounting area or its the same as optima's...
I gave you the link. Why not page the thread owner? Since it's his car

von90

Feb 15, 2014
penang
looking at his post regarding his brother in law car... the mounting was modified to fit the evo4 engine mounting and was jpj approve... i dont know how his brother manage to escape with the jpj... maybe it's because of the duit kopi regulation.. hahaha :rofl:.. total cost for the engine transplant cost around 18k :banghead:... almost give me an heart attack.. impress with the hole's that he made.. just to make that evo4 engine fit in a kia optima...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've noticed at the shops that the cheaper alarm systems don't
come with their own relay (they utilize the existing one), the
expensive ones do. does anyone know whether this factor is
important?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience