How to remove swirl marks?

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
Futura said:
Just now I checked with Eneos car centre in 1U, they also carry Meguiar's product. As well as Ace Hardware.
The NXT Tech Wax is about RM85, wow that's so expensive. Was wondering you guys use the paste wax or liquid wax? Also where to get Meguiar's microfiber towel? They seems sold out everywhere...
i use NXT speed wax only, but if you are talking about paste wax i suggest u go for MG Gold Class Clear Coat paste wax. the NXT paste wax has some pros & cons.

Pro:
gives you a deeper, wetter look.
easy to buff and wipe off

Cons:
doesnt last long on paint work
kinda easy to attract dust & dirty particle (sucks like a vaccum cleaner)
will fail u in water beads
Gold Class has a smoother finish compare to nxt paste.

i think i saw some MG ultimate wipe (microfiber) at ACE Ikano at rm30/pc

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
just wanna check with you guys, does hypercoat sell products to end users like us cos i think MG online doesnt send outside US. tks.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Yep, NXT fails in water beading and it does attract dusts quite a lot. But you just have to wash it, then spary some Quik Detailer or NXT Spray Wax, and voila! Car is back to water - beading and shiny again.

I dunno about the performance of Gold Class paste wax, never used 'em bfr. I dunno how it'll perform compared to NXT ( in terms of ease of use, and durability ). NXT will give your car a very nice, shiny, glossy and is pretty reflective ( hell, even my Giallo Modena paintork can reflect! )

Eh, UW still at RM 30 each? That's pretty good deal, since Hypercoat already raised their prices 1st June.

And yes, Hypercoat do sell the Mirror Glaze and Detailer range to single purchase buyers as well.

cclems said:
i use NXT speed wax only, but if you are talking about paste wax i suggest u go for MG Gold Class Clear Coat paste wax. the NXT paste wax has some pros & cons.

Pro:
gives you a deeper, wetter look.
easy to buff and wipe off

Cons:
doesnt last long on paint work
kinda easy to attract dust & dirty particle (sucks like a vaccum cleaner)
will fail u in water beads
Gold Class has a smoother finish compare to nxt paste.

i think i saw some MG ultimate wipe (microfiber) at ACE Ikano at rm30/pc

dohcmivec

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Old Klang Road
cclems said:
munpeng,

i believe wat u pay is wat u get. wat makes meguiars expensive is because their rubbing compund has a special formula which the abrasive particle will break-up into smaller particle, and the more u rub, the more it break-up leaving it less and less abrasive and start to create a gloss shine. unlike others which don break-up, first rub it will remove scratch but as u keep on rubbing it will actually create more scatches coz the particle didnt break-up. cover up doesnt solve yr problem, after a few car washes, swirl marks will start to appear again so u will end waxing yr car more and more often. i hope this info can help u.
brother clems, can u give a demo on how your meguiars compound break into small particles? can we see with our bare eyes on how the thing breaks?
i'm sure a lot of interested readers would like to see this fantastic product demo..

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
dohcmivec said:
brother clems, can u give a demo on how your meguiars compound break into small particles? can we see with our bare eyes on how the thing breaks?
i'm sure a lot of interested readers would like to see this fantastic product demo..
knn... 3am nothing to do ka ka cau cau.
u go hardware shop, pay rm12 buy the NEXA rubbing compound then rub on yr paintwork u can see something breaks. yr paint will hv nice nice spider webs. ahahahaha....

cclems

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
Puchong
us.a1.yahoofs.com
hypercoat claim price increase on 1st june only but ace still selling at non-increase price.
my fren bought a bottle of MG odor eliminator from hypercoat @KLIM for rm28.50(somemore say is special KLIM promotion price) but saw it @ ace for rm23...hehehe....

Futura

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Today just waxed my car, with MG NXT paste wax..duh, very hard to apply and buff off...damn exhausted...regret not having the liquid wax :(
But the result is amazing...somehow during buff off, the wax remainder will fly here and there...how do u guys remove the excessive wax particle if it is stick on windscreen?

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hehhee, paste wax is always a pain in the ass to remove. but the results is always a pleasent sight to look at and enjoy. when applying wax, try not too put too thick of a layer and think it'll be better :P it'll actually just make ur job harder with no better results. 2 thin layers is better than 1 thick layer. i usually do 2 layers on the horizontal areas like bonnet, roof and boot. as a matter of fact, i just waxed my car yesterday. spend 4 hours cleaning the whole car inside out. hope it doesnt rain today, sky is looking dark right now..sigh

anywyas, just use the cloth that u use to buff to remove those excessive wax on the windscreen, they'll come out. if cannot then just use any window cleaner, that will work as well. bro, did u get the MG micro fibre cloth? coz i dun have a problem with wax remainder flying here n there when using the microfibre cloth.

Futura

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
MG microfiber where to get ah? There is one MG duo combo cloth which is microfiber+cotton material, but it is for glass cleaning if im not mistaken. Can I use it for buffing instead?
I actually got myself the MG water magnet drying towel, the absorption capabilities is so amazing! One single wipe and walla...also I got the MG nxt speed detailer, should be able to save my day for weekly car wash instead of waxing lol...*both hand muscles still painful because of wax process..*
Still hunting for MG microfiber.............

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
hehehe, glad u found a drying towel that sucks up water 9 9 :) drying ur car has nvr been easier right?:P last time the part i hate abt washing my car is the drying up. coz normal cloths takes at least 2-3 wipes on the same spot to be dry. if u have a good drying cloth, works magic man, 1 wipe and ur done :)

futura, i always find waxing my car a 3 in 1 thing. (1) makes my car look good and protects. (2) burns calories @ cardio workout. (3) tones up the muscles. hahahaa :P anyways goodluck finding the microfibre towel. let us know the place & price when u do find it.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Here's a tip for everyone. Since Futura mentioned that wax would kena the windscreen, I think of telling you guys. You can definitely wax your windscreen, not that the wax would shines your windscreen, but you will definitely know the benefit of doing that during the rain, coz you don't have to on your wiper during rain, the rain drops will become smaller when they hit your windscreen, it's fantastic!

Any wax/polish would to the trick. trust me.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
This is the case of : too much product applied. Use the green / purple foam applicator pad given with the NXT Paste Wax. Just put some light pressure on the pad to the paste wax, and swipe ( or turn it around ) while keeping the slight pressure a couple for times ( like 3 - 4 swipes ).

Then, when applying to your car, you have to make sure the car's panels are CLEAN to start with, at least a proper wash and dry. Claying, polishing ( the paint cleaner kinds, like Featherlite Auto Polish and MG DCS #1 ) are extra steps that you can take if you really want the panels to be very clean.

The correct amount of wax applied to your car will make the paste wax only SLIGHTLY visible on the car panels ( if the work is done during the day ), leave for about 30 mins and do the Swipe Test :

Swipe Test :

- Use a clean ( I mean clean! ) finger, and do a short & slight wipe with the clean finger on the panels which have been applied with wax. If the areas wiped turns out clear, that means the applied areas are ready to be waxed. I usually wait for 30 mins bfr wiping off.

Best use a good microfibre cloth. I've only seen MG's MF cloths around, haven't seen other brands like from AutoGlym etc.

A thin coating of unbuffed wax is much better than a thick coating of unbuffed wax. And it's also good to do a 2 coats of thin wax rather than 1 thick coat of wax, as you will apply the wax more uniformly thru all your car's panels.

For the case of wax splatter on the windshield ( extremly impossible if doing waxing by hand! ), spary some MG's Quik Detailer of Featherlite's Ultra Quick Shine liberally on the wax, let it seep for a few seconds ( 10 to 15 seconds sounds OK ) and wipe it off with a MF cloth. You may have to aggravate it a wee bit.

Futura said:
Today just waxed my car, with MG NXT paste wax..duh, very hard to apply and buff off...damn exhausted...regret not having the liquid wax :(
But the result is amazing...somehow during buff off, the wax remainder will fly here and there...how do u guys remove the excessive wax particle if it is stick on windscreen?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
That cloth you're talking about is only for glass cleaning usage.

Futura said:
MG microfiber where to get ah? There is one MG duo combo cloth which is microfiber+cotton material, but it is for glass cleaning if im not mistaken. Can I use it for buffing instead?
I actually got myself the MG water magnet drying towel, the absorption capabilities is so amazing! One single wipe and walla...also I got the MG nxt speed detailer, should be able to save my day for weekly car wash instead of waxing lol...*both hand muscles still painful because of wax process..*
Still hunting for MG microfiber.............

Futura

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Good info there ace79, I know those splatter wax was caused by excessive application lol...but that was my 1st time waxing...so I hope my next waxing can be improved :)
And I just found out there are some gum-like residue stick on my rear bumper which I couldn't remove with wax...gosh what product should I use to remove them?

Futura

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
w00t! Just done some shopping at Ikano Ace Hardware. They have MG mf terry cloth in stock now..I've taken 2 pieces...hurry up guys I think it shall be finished very soon.

RM30/piece. *sweat*

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car is runnin on a VR4 which i have been using it for the past 2 years n im unhappy with the performance due to the all sort of faulty that has caused.Im planning to change my engine n im not sure which will be better.If i choose mivec is it safe if i put in turbo?
(GSR or EVOIII)
which will last longer?
about the maintenance?
fuel consumption?
JPJ?
smoother driving? no idea bout these engine
reccomendation plz?

Im confused and do need help here???:confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience