How to make 2e Engine more power

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
Hello to all sifus ...
i'm a very newbie here, hope all the sifus out there can assist in the above matter..

as the title mentioned, i would like to get some opinion from all the sifus
how to make the standart 2E 1.3 engine more powerful beside changing the engine to 4afe or 4age.

I believe out there still got a lots of toyota kaki driving a standart LE or SE, EE90 or EE100 with the standart 2E engine and forsure they also looking for jalan to upgrade the engine performance without changing it to bigger cc engine.

If the 2E standart engine mounted to LE or EE90 body, i think its maybe still ok becoz of the lighter car body but if mounted to SE (EE100) or SE(G) with bigger and heavier body compare to EE90 or EE80 you definately can feel its very heavy and slow pickup.

Currently I'm driving EE100 with standart 2E 1.3 engine. At first when i get this car, the engine already not in a very good condition. So i send for general overhaul which inclusive of changing the piston ring, new cluthplate, timing belt and a lots of other thing.

After the completion of overhauled, the performance was slightly better. So i changed the center oem bullet to after market which increase a bit of the pickup.

Now the car can only run up to 130km/h max and the pickup still very lembab la,
even loose to a standart toyota LE 1.3...

Hope other toyota kaki out there can share some opinion and experience of this 2e engine and also looking for some ways to mod or upgrade this standart 2E engine without converting.

all opinion are very much welcome and highly appreciated.

Thanks...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
There's too many options, so I just name things I'd like to do if I got 2E.

1st - custom make a proper 4-2-1 see http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/intake_exhaust/exhaust/exhaust.htm

Obviously get a K&N air filter too and make sure got cold air intake shielding, if not don't bother all together.....

Try different set of mufflers :) good luck.

Now if you are really serious about some power and not changing engine ...... he he he heh he he he

I recommend you install the blacktop 4 throttles with ECU and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator to reduce the fuel. Kau tim.

End up - probably the fastest 1.3 NA :)

yolk

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
PJ
Visit site
there are people running 20v on the ee100/ae101 chassis and also crying already coz not enough power and you want to try modding the 2e ??? if you ask me don't bother just do normal mods like intake and exhaust and suspension is more than enough. Try not to mod the engine internal too much. It's costly !!!!

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
2E engine mod...

yolk said:
there are people running 20v on the ee100/ae101 chassis and also crying already coz not enough power and you want to try modding the 2e ??? if you ask me don't bother just do normal mods like intake and exhaust and suspension is more than enough. Try not to mod the engine internal too much. It's costly !!!!
not to say want to mod the engine as powerful as 20V slvtp or blk tp.
previously i'm driving AE92 with 20V inside so suddenly when driving this EE100 with standart 2E 1.3 engine inside feel very2 lembab la...
just want the performance increase a bit and can drive the 15" rim and tyres nicely with some extra power. Now after overhauled with new cluthplate plus skim and balance flywheel not even can spin the wheel with 1st gear. at least if can spin the wheel with 1st gear consider ok jugak la...

that why la need opinion from all the sifus here, especially toyota sifus...
anyway thank a lots for the suggestion..
suspension already upgraded to levin AE101 bigger shaft front and gab s/h adjustable rear.

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
Acoustic said:
There's too many options, so I just name things I'd like to do if I got 2E.

1st - custom make a proper 4-2-1 see http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/intake_exhaust/exhaust/exhaust.htm

Obviously get a K&N air filter too and make sure got cold air intake shielding, if not don't bother all together.....

Try different set of mufflers :) good luck.

Now if you are really serious about some power and not changing engine ...... he he he heh he he he

I recommend you install the blacktop 4 throttles with ECU and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator to reduce the fuel. Kau tim.

End up - probably the fastest 1.3 NA :)

Thank a lots for the opinion / suggestion.
emm... this sound very good.
any recommended place that i can get or customise a proper 4-2-1 extrator for my 2E?? coz the exzos shop at my area only have the ready made one.
As for the air filter , Open pod K&N or the drop-in type better ??

installing blacktop 4 throttles with ECU??
wah!! this can be done with the stock 2E engine??
how much will cost for this??
where to do?? any recommended mech??

anyway appreciate very much for the suggestion...
appreciate others opinion from others sifus out there also...

thanks...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
Try the exhaust shop in USJ 5 something something, allot of people drift there one, the exhaust shop name call Ah HENG

install 4 throttle with blacktop ECU call Ah Leong 012-651-6869

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
2e engine

Acoustic said:
Try the exhaust shop in USJ 5 something something, allot of people drift there one, the exhaust shop name call Ah HENG

thanks for the info. appreciate very much.
anyway anybody know where that exhaust shop in USJ 5 something2?? coz i'm really not familiar with that area.

thanks again...

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
2E engine

cuscostrutbrace said:
Change engine kawtim already,i think this way better and cost effective :regular_smile:
ya.. at first thinking of changing the engine also but due to some financial reason. decided to keep the stock engine and thinking of some light mod that also cost effective but can produce some good result.

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
2e

alantan said:
you need serious tuning in your 2E bro

carb or EFI?
hi bro,
got to know that u tuned ur own 2E's caburator engine and manage to get very good fc.
need to learn from u la how to tune my 2E...
can arr?? tt on me... hehehe...

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Acoustic said:

i tried to call Ah Leong, he said cant install 4 throttle into 2E engine....

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Fren, you might want to consider running Weber DCOE40 on your 2E - that's carb Four Throttle haaa

takumimesia

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Senawang, Serem
Visit site
4 throttle into 2E

chuckie said:
i tried to call Ah Leong, he said cant install 4 throttle into 2E engine....
I managed to call Ah Leong and he said can convert 2E to 4 throttle injection with ori engine. But damm... the labour cost only rm1300 and we have to find the all the wiring harness and throttle bodyour self.

emm.. quite costly... i think i might have to pass this option.

Chukie, how urs ee90/ae92?? still not yet converted to black top??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I received word that the new Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four) was in town for a couple of days, to be previewed by potential customers. I really wanted to make it, but I would be out of town for several days over the weekend; so once I got back from my holiday, I made it a point to head for Naza Italia to see it in the flesh.

So... what exactly is the Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four)? Touted as the replacement for the 612...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience