how to make absorber more hard??

masterpuppet7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
hello all sifus and friends..

i want to know how to make my standard rear absorber for se limited more harder than standard.my car with 16' rims always 'sangkut' at fender. can this standard absorber be service and put extra oil to make it harder??? are there any place that provide this service especially near klang and shah alam?? TQ

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Change spring or knock the fenders out. If harder, comfort will be zero! Plus, it won't last long.

7500RPM

Known Member
Aug 14, 2005
KL
You want harder absorbers get the GAS type. the last time i used kayaba GAS absorber for my rear, it was so hard and bumpy my kukujiau also almost fall off... but some ppl like it hard. just my experice to share with you. :emoticon_U:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Grill one hole haha..then pump in darkened engine oils... must used type.. coz i believe those are the most dirties..haha! :D liquid hard till like u cries..haha!! but prons and cons..haha!! u tries it u know it ^_^

hahhaha!!! btw u have to screw that hole back and then pateri it back (what is pateri in english r? haha!! 2 am here now.. my brain is stucked!)...

but if 16 inch..SE r... i guess even after ketuk habis that fender till like roti canai still might hantam a bit ones..coz rear side wheel "lelangit" is sort of like lower ones.. :S guess there has to be hantam also gua.. ^_^

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
weld la bro.... heheheh wei 7500rpm.... where u and your kuku jiau hide all these days aaa.... I know what you bought last summer!!!!!!

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Go to chop shop and get yourself a Kayaba SR Special..... if available that is.... TRD also nice....

And rim offset plays an important role too... have u checked yours? cos if it is OK... a 16 should rubbing the arch internal regularly

masterpuppet7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
my rims manaray sports 16' with 40 off set. now i use 195/55/r16 kumho tyre.
when me and my friend only at friends it's ok. no hantam fender. but when u fly after small bumper.. srapp!!! the tyre touch fender.
if passenger behind with load.. become worse. when taking corner zrappppppp...
walla make me scared tyre will blow:retarded:
can i combined my absorber with sport spring to make it harder? what are the pros and cons. or need to change absorber to at least minimize this problem..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I believe ur rim offset is wrong already. Why not opt for another set of rims with correct offset?

masterpuppet7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
acbc said:
I believe ur rim offset is wrong already. Why not opt for another set of rims with correct offset?
hmm bro.. what off set u suggest for my rim? or do i need to downgrade my rims from 16' to 15 '?

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Your tire is the problem bro....

If u are using 15" 55 tires is ok..... but for 16" rims.... it is not recommended to use 55..... no wonder la..... just my opinion..... sorry if mistaken

but TRD AE101 only releasing 15" rims.... they never release 16" for AE101 as far as i know but they only use 16" or 17" I am not sure.... on a 3SGE AE101 Limited....

I am using 15" 55... no rubbing but my friend using the same suspension but the tires are 15" 60...... yeah..... rubbing at high speed.....

downgrading is good for yoour fuel consumption and acceleration.....

get a 15" 55 195 tires if u wish to downgrade...

AND A TOYO PROXES 15" 55.... RM 220~240 EACH....

Toyo are better than F****n or P****za or other jap brands....
They are very popular at Japan, USA and UK... singapore widely use TOYO...

Malaysia is not widely use yet as the promotion for it is expensive so supplier just claiming the brands that already POPULAR....

Get a TOYO..... rain, wet or dry... it won't let you down.... trust me.....

masterpuppet7 said:
hmm bro.. what off set u suggest for my rim? or do i need to downgrade my rims from 16' to 15 '?

swap aka SWAP

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2005
PENANG/IPOH
Mine used 15..offset 35 ..7 jj..when fast hit bump..front kena fender..why..used tein..finger gap 1 finger only..tyre 195.55.50

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
lucky got this thread laaa... almost open a new one on this....

mine is like swap's... 15" offset 35 and 7 jj.... rear kena fender... but the rear use standard SE.G suspension.... so i kena make the camber negative a bit... previously it was negative already... tambah lg...

which bring me to the question...

is it normal SE.G rear camber setting to be negative kaaa??? how do other sifoo's set their rear camber setting???

mechanic told me it's a normal problem for all SE.G.... is it true?

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Me

1st setup
-Kayaba SR Special
-RS*R lowering springs
Result: High speed sweep fender.... front

2nd setup
-Stock rear (2 fingers) with stock springs
-Front Carina GT with Carina GT springs
-Carina GT springs cutted cos it is too high and hard
-leave 3 fingers gap front
Result: No rubbing

3rd setup
-TEIN type HA adjustables
-2 fingers, front and rear.
Result: No rubbing at all, Never sweep a speed bump before even many ppl inside.

all setup using 15 55 195 tires

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all!

I have a Wira SE stock 4g15 sohc auto 3speed. Now, I am planning to swap my engine to 6a10 dohc automatic. I would like to understand, would the pick up and top speed improve over my 4g15? I'm not a track driver (hoping I would some day to try), but I do drive with a little gentle spirited driving once in awhile when the traffic is clear (mostly speeding/cruising straight roads only).

Allow me to be honest firsthand. The V6 engine that produces the burbly/refined/aggressive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience