how to build a proper drag strip?

cfphoon

1,500 RPM
May 10, 2007
kuala lumpur
hi guys..i need ideas on how to build a proper drag strip like those in US..its for real..pls comment if u guys hv any great ideas..TQ

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
400m main straight....mebbe 200m braking area... burnout area... concrete walls on the side...pit area... grand stands...

n most important...the christmas tree n timing system...make sure to get a good one.. something that can give timing printouts asap to the drivers....aka right after their runs.

zuruzuruz

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Ampang
as im an engineer myself.. i wud like to know too.. what is the premix specifications for the strip? is it the same as normal road.. or does it hv to be same as race track specs (if there are any)? n how about the floodlights specs? if night drag racing is part of the requirement..

i bet this wud stimulate the motorsport industry here in malaysia.. cos i think as our neighbors like indonesia or even thailand hv influx of good tuners because of their drag racing scene..

somebody need to send a 'surat layang' to the parliament or ministry of works or ministry of sports to make this need a reality..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i'm not sure about the material....

but if not mistaken to be officially recognized as proper drag strip u'll need 400m of racing lane,and minimum 500m of braking lane if not mistaken... :adore:

so its simply more than 1km of strip to be laid...