comparo: looks/performance/handling/build quality

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
JAZZ Vtec 1.5A vs Swift VVT 1.5A

just a comparo...pls, this thread is not to put down any of the above mentioned cars,
pls post your thoughts on the looks/performance/handling/build quality.

TQ.

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
can anyone give the hp & torque difference between these two cars?

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The Jazz has been the leader of this segment for a very long time. It is a very, very good car. Does almost everything well. The Swift is the new challenger to the throne, well in Malaysia at least, and it is doing pretty well for it self.

Looks? Subjective, I liked the Jazz a lot last time. Not now though. Might be because of the sheer number of them on the roads. Swift has very funky looks. Very European as well, which is good.

Performance? The Jazz VTEC has 110 bhp but the iDSI only 88. The Suzuki has 100 bhp.

Handling? I've heard very good things about the Swift in this department. Not one of the Jazz's strong points, not a weak point either, just nothing special.

Build Quality? Will have to go with Honda, but that said, the Swift is also superbly put together and has an air of quality about it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i wouldn't rank Suzuki cars very high in terms of comfort. And the Swift's cabin is nothing to scream about, especially the rear seats.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
It's all right in its class. Even when compared to the Jazz. If thats your argument against the Swift, then the Jazz's interior too, isn't what you'd call stunning.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i havent sat in the Jazz before, but i can safely say the Swift's rear seat is cramp compared to Myvi's rear seat. not sure if you could consider them as being in the same class.

and i wasn't talking about the interior finish, merely the spaciousness or lack thereof

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That is one of the drawbacks of the Swift's squat and butch appearance. But also because of that it feels planted on the road.

shaune

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
torque values of the jazz vtec?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The Swift, curve your finger and knock the door panels. Hollow. :(
But then again most sub 150k car these days are like that...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Doesn't matter though. It is shifting like hot cakes. And I think, stealing a lot of the Jazz's customers, being cheaper and just as funky. Gives you a clue of what a lot of people want in a car these days. Proton, take note. Knowing what consumers want isn't rocket science.

mindrunner

Known Member
Apr 14, 2005
Pesonally .. I think I like Jazz better then Swift. I kinda of like Jazz's interior and performance is not bad as well . FC is good as well around RM 60 a week ( normal ride ).

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yeah, but like I said, there are so many of them on the road...if I was paying that much for a smallish car, I'd want something a bit different. Which is what the Swift is. Until it becomes another Jazz that is.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Vios Challenge is set to commence in Johor as the season enters its 3rd round with plenty of points still up for grabs and no obvious dominator judging from current point standings. The upcoming round will be an explosive one when the flag drops on 19th and 20th January 2018 at the new urban township circuit provided by venue partner Medini City, Iskandar Puteri...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience