How does Proton's Design Department Works?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
If there's somebody to hate, its the Germans, not just the Japanese. Remember WW1 and WW2? Maybe the wrath of Germans weren't felt in Asia so much compared to Japan, but you can see VW group making strides, along with BMW, in all the countries that had their asses kicked by Hitler back then. Genocide anybody?

Let bygones be bygones, live and let live.

Personally, its not that I am not proud of Proton being Malaysian and all. Yes, i daresay Proton cars would have handling among the best in its class & price range, but the main gripe is that, its humiliating at the same time that they needed 20 years to fix the goddamn power window. You can't make a perfectly functioning power window and you want to put a car together?

That's like saying your mechanic can't figure out how to pump petrol for your car and he wants to service it. Doesn't make sense. People don't buy cars because its Malaysian, or because its made by a Muslim country. Protons aren't the best selling car in Middle East. When we buy something, we pay our hard earned money for value.

People buy Toyota because of their perception of value and reliability.
People buy Mercedes because of their perception of comfort and luxury.
People buy Lotus because of their perception of godlike handling.
etc. etc.

People buy Proton because its the biggest car (physically) for the money (Saga), or most bang for buck (Inspira), or only choice in its class below RM70k 2 door hatch (Neo). Why did you buy a Proton?
It is correct to say that under RM100k, there were no other choice besides Proton..
Under RM100k is still in the best value category..
Even some trying to test the water by choosing Vios or Almera (not so bad actually)..
some even went further by choosing Chana, Chevy, GWM..

hope that Proton can build assembly plant in another country and raise the quality..
in here (Malaysia), its similar to corruption...it just can't be eliminate..

One very stupid thing about Proton design. Why change the indicator lever to left lah? So that the car feels like a conti car? Stupid idiot moron.
thats the attempt to penetrate left-hand drive market...cost down activity preparation...can't be considered failed..
you feel so 'conti' by having left side indicator?

And also why is that odd meter numbering? Trying to be different in the wrong way?
out of idea to blame?

how about:-
anti clock wise meter on aston martin?
oldschool rpm meter on s2000?
jaguar also have odd meter number?
owh, expensive car no problem...

how about vios with centre meter panel?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I don't think moving the assembly plant out of the country will work.....after Proton will hike the price and tell you this one assemble in China, India....labour there more expensive, better quality and charge you shipping and handling charges...end up buyers pay even more than now...but still get the same quality because parts still need to come from Malaysia (if not all the cronies supplier sure boycott and a lot of ugly news will spread out)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I don't think moving the assembly plant out of the country will work.....after Proton will hike the price and tell you this one assemble in China, India....labour there more expensive, better quality and charge you shipping and handling charges...end up buyers pay even more than now...but still get the same quality because parts still need to come from Malaysia (if not all the cronies supplier sure boycott and a lot of ugly news will spread out)
Quality control is not there, move the plant to anywhere also is useless. Engineering of the car counts too. If engineering not good, then outcome won't be good also.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Quality control is not there, move the plant to anywhere also is useless. Engineering of the car counts too. If engineering not good, then outcome won't be good also.
Keep bashingggg, and bashingggg and bashingggg~
Never end.
Look at the Preve. I haven't hear the complains about it yet.
Except that they can't mod for more hp due to the CVT, that is all.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Keep bashingggg, and bashingggg and bashingggg~
Never end.
Look at the Preve. I haven't hear the complains about it yet.
Except that they can't mod for more hp due to the CVT, that is all.
I haven't heard issues with the engine and CVT. Though the build quality is gay as usual with buttons popping off.

Attitude and mind set of monkeys at service centre still leave a lot to be desired. I have a Proton at home. Send to SC to rectify the same problem 3 times. How's that?

I guess if the Preve looked better it'd be a consolation lole all the people who bought kimchi.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
GM likely to shift Holden production to Korea under FTA

AGOGeneral Motors says it is likely that South Korea will end up making its cars for the Australian market once Holden stops domestic car manufacturing.General Motors' new international operations chief Stefan Jacoby has told reporters there is a "good likelihood" South Korea will ship more cars to Australia.He pointed to the coming free-trade agreement between Australia and Korea as a factor in the decision, as it will cut tariffs on Korean cars coming into the country."Korea is producing high-quality cars. It will have a major role in our manufacturing set-up in the region and there is a free trade agreement coming up between Australia and Korea," he said.Last month, General Motors Holden announced it will stop making cars in Australia from 2017.ABC/wires

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...-holden-production-to-korea-under-fta/5201264

While others is moving on for competitiveness, Proton still holding on its pride.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Peugeot's Pikes Peak machine is a beast. Weighing only 875kg, they could fully utilize the 875-horsepower from the mid-mounted V6 and possibly reach the peak before the 10-minute barrier. But while all heads are towards this stealthy hill climber, Nobuhiro Tajima is not going to sit back and do nothing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience