Esso/Mobil now Petron....does this mean no more Mobil lubricants in Malaysia?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Does anybody know if this ownership change of Mobil/Esso in Malaysia to Petron will mean the end of Mobil lubricants? no more Mobil1, Mobil Super 3000....etc?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes and no. The refineries and downstream business has been sold off in M'sia, but other countries have yet to be sold off so you'll still have lubes, just not M'sian blended versions and whatever that's available now is until stocks last

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Too many stories behind this transition (from the net)
As a Exxon customer...
Hopefully the fuel quality still remains the same &
they still provide RON97 on rural area/small town.

As this the only brand supplied RON97 away from town area
Especially Sabah, Sarawak & Labuan...

Regarding lubricant...its time to switch to other brand

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
As a Exxon customer...

I think,even tho they changed to another brand of Gas Company,still they wont let their Business/money flow away to others competitor so eayly and as they juz "birth" in ere,so surely/maybe they will do better than before taking over (Esso/Mobil)..just my 2cents.

:smokin:

pandaB

Known Member
Feb 9, 2005
fyi, my Mesra card is still working at the Kesas Petron tho..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
As a Exxon customer...

I think,even tho they changed to another brand of Gas Company,still they wont let their Business/money flow away to others competitor so eayly and as they juz "birth" in ere,so surely/maybe they will do better than before taking over (Esso/Mobil)..just my 2cents.

:smokin:
Ok guys, take it from me, my info is as accurate as they come. They sold off majority shares of their downstream business meaning the lubes, stations, refineries, etc all sold. Petron is an established brand in the Philipines and they are just trying to break into the market here. Exxon sold their downstream business because of cost vs expenditure. Say you spend 50mil to develop the Upstream business and you get 100mil in revenues, you spend 50mil to develop the downstream business and you get 60mil in revenue. Sure both making money, but wouldn't you rather spend 100mil and expand the more lucrative one instead?

Btw, keep your eye open but this is just the beginning. Next is Japan and what comes after is P&C

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I believe that we can still get Mobil lubricant oil here in Msia even after Petron has totally takes over. They will be 2 totally different brands already. Or if im wrong...then better faster go stock up Mobil lubes and can sell at higher price next time :rofl:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
As far as I heard, Petron fuel & lubricants have nothing to do with Mobil products, So all of Petron fuels & lubricants have a different formula.

I know Carrefour sells the Mobil lubricants range, but its bottle is 5L & usually old stock...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Mobil1 oils is imported by Tesco from outside of the country, so those are non-malaysian blend synthetic oils. They may not be ideal for m'sian weather in terms of additives and stuff but should be still good overall.

Sealed bottles are ok la even if they are old. Just not 3 years or more old.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Royal Malaysian Police were presented with 60 units of the Chevrolet Captiva by Naza Quest to be used as the official vehicle for the upcoming second General Police & Special Equipment Exhibition and Conference (GPEC Asia 2011).

The mock keys for the vehicles were handed over by Datuk Maruan Mohd Said, the Chief Operating Officer of Naza Quest, to Datuk Amar Singh, the Acting Kuala Lumpur Police...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience