My KIA RONDO doesn't have rear chamber screw????

sissoko

500 RPM

sissoko

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
Selangor
I have a problem with my KIA RONDO...Tyre shop discovered significant uneven wear on my rear tires...but they were surprised because there is no REAR CHAMBER SCREW at rondo...so how they want to fix that? Anyone have experience on how to deal with this? heard that by installing a Chamber Kit can help but where can I find it?

Last edited:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
most cars dont have rear camber screw..why you need to adjust camber?

flat spot maybe due to car not moving for a long time, or you did a handbrake turn...lol

not sure by installing camber screw could eliminate flat spot problem..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure what rear suspension design your Rondo have, but only certain design or cars have rear camber adjustment. Even if have they do not have the camber screw adjustment as the design is totally different from the front.
My old Hyundai Sonata and my current China SUV have the rear camber adjustment and it adjust from the lower arm that is attached to the body, not at the wheel end.
If torsion beam rear setup, no adjustment can be done.

leynye yamin

Known Member

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
your flat spot tyre is caused by worn shock absorbers, check if have oil leaking out from shock absorbers, or having "guk" "guk""guk"noise when going through rough roads, after replace absorbers, you might want to replace the tyre as well.
Cheers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
your flat spot tyre is caused by worn shock absorbers, check if have oil leaking out from shock absorbers, or having "guk" "guk""guk"noise when going through rough roads, after replace absorbers, you might want to replace the tyre as well.
Cheers.
That is wavy or uneven wear, right? Not flat spots. Flats spots are like parking for long period of time on one area or cars without ABS locking their brakes in emergency situation.....

sissoko

500 RPM

sissoko

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
Selangor
most cars dont have rear camber screw..why you need to adjust camber?

flat spot maybe due to car not moving for a long time, or you did a handbrake turn...lol

not sure by installing camber screw could eliminate flat spot problem..
sorry bro...my mistake..not flat spot...but uneven wear....and they can't adjust it. If I can't fix it...my new tyres will face the same...

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Not sure what rear suspension design your Rondo have, but only certain design or cars have rear camber adjustment. Even if have they do not have the camber screw adjustment as the design is totally different from the front.
My old Hyundai Sonata and my current China SUV have the rear camber adjustment and it adjust from the lower arm that is attached to the body, not at the wheel end.
If torsion beam rear setup, no adjustment can be done.
the mechanic can't find a way to adjust it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Change mechanic/tyre shop.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
sorry bro...my mistake..not flat spot...but uneven wear....and they can't adjust it. If I can't fix it...my new tyres will face the same...
If it is uneven wear (wavy), most probably absorbers worn.
If tyres wear on either inner or outer side then it is camber problem

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
how are the bushes in the arms and all? Worn bushing will affect tyres too.

Stock standard cars do not have camber screws.

sissoko

500 RPM

sissoko

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
Selangor
tyres wear inner side. When they scanned using machine...left sided tyres (rear) was twisted a bit (i dont know is this the right term)... other tyres not so bad compare to this one. That is why they want to change the screw

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
tyres wear inner side. When they scanned using machine...left sided tyres (rear) was twisted a bit (i dont know is this the right term)... other tyres not so bad compare to this one. That is why they want to change the screw
Look in Google : Camber, toe in/out and then tell us what was out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Forumers
Can anyone suggest a reputable place to get an exhaust manifold? Mine would not be an off the shelf item, so the shop would have to make one. Please also comment on the pricing. Thank you very much.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience