How does a 4g93 become a MIVEC

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Hi everyone :) i'm very confused with this 4g93 engine until everyone gave different opinions and answers that made me even confused :dontknow: . By the way anyone who don't know me, I'm studying in The Otomotif College (TOC) for Dip. in Motorsports Technology. I'm always kindda curious about engines and stuffs. :biggrin: .

OKAY! back to the point, Everyone knows that the 4g92 (1.6L) variant has MIVEC, My question is why do people post and claim that they have a 4g93 (1.8L) MIVEC and note that there is no MIVEC on the 4g93 variants. Because i can listen the MIVEC kicking in at 5500RPM and above. How do they have MIVEC's on their engines ? Is that possible by installing a 4g92 MIVEC cam ?

I wish any sifu's can PLEASE help me. Thanks :wavey:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
93 bottom engine, married to mivec head
wallaaaa...93 mivec

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
adik....u need to meddle more outside you're class. :driver:
anyway, its good to ask.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I am sure the bro at ZTH can help to answer your Q, but I would oso ask the dear lecturers at The Otomotif College too......:top:

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
93 bottom engine, married to mivec head
wallaaaa...93 mivec
I thought so. thanks a lot ! just another quick question ! is there anyways that we can modi a 93 head to become a mivec ?

adik....u need to meddle more outside you're class. :driver:
anyway, its good to ask.
haha ! yeah I know rite. I wanna learn more stuffs :driver:

I am sure the bro at ZTH can help to answer your Q, but I would oso ask the dear lecturers at The Otomotif College too......:top:
Most of the lecturers in TOC are from Philippines. I tried asking some of them, they did't know :biggrin:

Last edited:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
IMO this info is more on knowledge basis. Not the type that is taught in education institution.
You cant mod the existing 93 head to become mivec head. U need the whole mivec head and its valvetrain to make sure the mivec runs.

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
IMO this info is more on knowledge basis. Not the type that is taught in education institution.
You cant mod the existing 93 head to become mivec head. U need the whole mivec head and its valvetrain to make sure the mivec runs.
I see. what about the engine management system. obviously mivec runs under its command of its ECU. so, if my guess is correct an engine with this type of modi has to have a piggyback or the stock mivec ecu. am I correct ?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh! just started in TOC first year? The lecturers teaches the basic of the car engine not the modification. With your basic knowledge then later you can start modding later on.... :driver:

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Oh! just started in TOC first year? The lecturers teaches the basic of the car engine not the modification. With your basic knowledge then later you can start modding later on.... :driver:
haha ! i'm finishing my first year by next week. will be going for training for few months. later i'll start learning engine mods on the 2nd year :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Kinda sad to see TOC students coming outside for answers.
TOC is pretty bad then. I have a free with full scholarship but switched college instead.
Cannot say about TOC just because of just one student. I have to say at least the student is willing to make effort and ask. Afterall, this is a forum to discuss and help out whoever is interested.

I dont like forum that are like a platform for ppl to boast, to show-off and showing the long-list of gadgets, etc. They are so fake...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Kinda sad to see TOC students coming outside for answers.
TOC is pretty bad then. I have a free with full scholarship but switched college instead.
Full scholarship at TOC? wah! wasted....:bawling:

Nope, he is asking something more specific then what is being taught. The lecturer teaches what is supposed to be taught. More over he is not in automotive technology but motor sports technology

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
I see. what about the engine management system. obviously mivec runs under its command of its ECU. so, if my guess is correct an engine with this type of modi has to have a piggyback or the stock mivec ecu. am I correct ?
yes you are on the ball.

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
yes you are on the ball.
for the best answer...yes
but for the less good answer...mod shift lite alone still can trigger the mivec

and fuel feeding after mivec kick can be discus later la

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu,
my dad just get a evo 3 semi lsd gearbox..
but as we knw for cornering full lock lsd should be better right?
so can we lock from semi lsd to full lock lsd ah?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience