Help! Satria wheel problem

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
My wheel is not centered in the wheel arch. Anyone know what is causing this problem ? i've been to so many different workshops and they keep telling me something different.

has any of you guys faced this problem before ? im pretty much a noob in all this car chassis and alignment stuff.

need to sort this problem out asap as im sending my car for respray soon.

thank you thank you thank you !

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
as far as i know, caster cant be adjusted for proton cars right ?
does that mean i'll to look for new lower arms ? or chassis problem ?

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well bro, use ur fingers and measure the other side tire and this side tire , spacing same or not , if one side is more behind , its ur lower arm , i had this porb b4 when i bought a 2nd hand car, the previous owner whack a divider so lower arm bengkok , not costly to fix, go to body shop that repair accident cars they can check 4 u. My car last time cost me less then rm120

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
yo thanks for the info.
the gap between the tire and the bumper is 3 fingers. the gap between the tire and the fender near the door is about 1 finger. the distance used to be different on both sides, but after changing both my front arms and crossmember, both sides are the same, 3 in front and 1 behind.

anyways, i guess i'll go check with the ketuk mudguard people tommorrow and see what they say.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
hmm, there's a forummer called 'arrowhead' having the same issue...but with a non-accident 1st owner of a satria SE. dont know how he managed this but lets see if he can reply here to help you...

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
update: sent my car to different workshop to have them check on the problem today and they suspect that the previous workshop may have replaced my satria subframe with one from a satria SE which is designed that way. they also found that my absorber mountings were cracked to pieces which added to the problem.

i got the mountings replaced and the car now looks a little bit better. it still looks off center abit which annoys me to no end though so i may change to evo3 lower arms which i heard a little pushed forward by 10mm. i still want to send it for an chassis alignment check though.

i actually traded in this car in perfect condition when i bought a new car a few years ago but to cut a long story short, 20k and 5 yrs later its back in my hands in this crappy condition. i figure i'll just fix it back up and mod it a little bit here and there whenever i have the money.

anyway, can anyone recommend me a place that can check chassis alignment in the subang/sunway area ? i wont mind pj / puchong or shah alam if its cheaper there.

thanks yall

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ok bro , sunway area i got my friend.

Go to sunway college area all the car shops there , near the foodcourt / hawker food place along the same row there will be 2 tire shops i think one of them is bridgestone , in between the 2 tire shops there is one ketuk / body shop , go and look for Ah Waa , he is very friendly and does the job well. Its a corner shop exactly in between the two tire shops same row as the food court.

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if u wanna change to evo arms might as well go for evo shocks as well where the arb is mounted on the strut body... then u get better handling

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
thats what i meant... the Evo3 Suspention is different u'll hv the ARB mounted to the Strut Body... in which if u opt for evos arm might as well hv all evo handling minus the AWD...

KhalilK

Sep 7, 2009
Subang Jaya
hi luka.
i get what you mean. i though shocks = absorbers. :P. anyway do you know if i change to evo3 lower arms together with the subframe and arb, would i be able to re-use my original satria steering rack ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car wira 2.0 vr4 stolen ad taman putra perdana puchong, aroynd 4.30 am yesterday 25/10/2011
below my car pic....flat number WEL 1613.last info my car still ad puchong area.....any information about my car please call/msg 0173018951.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience