help!! is it worth to buy a new satria neo?

shikiziRS

May 11, 2006
need advice from u all broo... i just dont want to waste my money... huhu..
96 ek2 door vs new neo.. which one better..

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
ek vs neo? hmmm... ek much better. maintainance cheap bcos can source from halfcut. can mods! can transplant engine! can convert to type r spec! atleast still can be used for next 10years as sparepart can easily source from halfcut.
neo....can convert engine but not plug and play,sparepart much expensive bcos u need to buy new from proton.nothing to explore, bcos local made. no quality body part to buy(not ori), next 10 years very hard to get sparepart as proton may discontinued this model, see 1st model tiara what happen to them now.campro engine suck!

shikiziRS

May 11, 2006
like that aa.. thanks guys.. i really need some advice from you all becoz i never use proton car befor this..

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
that is my opinion la, if u juz wanna light mods, and plan to sell the car after 5 years than ok to buy brand new neo,gen2,blm,savvy. juz think la, why old saga(mitsu fiore) still on our road compared to tiara?why untill now kancil still on the road even the car age is more than 10years? summore u can see cun2 car, they convert to l2,l5,moderno..bla..bla...
why ef,eg ek/ej still on our road even the age of this car is around 10 years or more oredy? why new generation people still looking for ef,eg?? eh..it 10years old wat? why wanna buy this old car? convert is the reason lor.can put sunroof(ori spec), vtech engine! bla..blaa...
neo? u find the answer for your self la.

Mar 21, 2008
DONT BUY PROTON, THIS IS MY ANSWER TO U....

hahahahahahahahaha

What a question.......duh

Mar 21, 2008
raja emperor,

the reason why ppl still driving old junks is becoz malaysian economy is farked up....hahah

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
raja emperor,

the reason why ppl still driving old junks is becoz malaysian economy is farked up....hahah
tats why our purchasing power is like peanut,therefore can oni drive old or cheap car unless you join the "suck BeeN" then u can drive german marque everyday without doing anything,just be a good dog and listen like most BeeN politician do :thefinger:

shikiziRS

May 11, 2006
tats why our purchasing power is like peanut,therefore can oni drive old or cheap car unless you join the "suck BeeN" then u can drive german marque everyday without doing anything,just be a good dog and listen like most BeeN politician do :thefinger:
hahaha... i agreed...

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
yeah..agreed with u.with my salary now, if im living in japan, surely i owned any new model imprezas!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok. Without being biased (which I am) I shall try to give a proper opinion.

Buy EK.

End of opinion.

But hor, to look for a good condition EK is something else. Rust will always be a problem with old cars so make sure you strip it down the bone, re-do the anti-rust and give it a new coat of paint.

Then replace everything else with carbon fibre.

Then plonk in a B16 with the right exhaust.

Then get Recaro seats and a momo race steering.

Then get decent hi/lo/soft/hard adjustable suspensions.

Then get decent 16" rims with 204/45/16 Toyo TR1 tyres.

Kaotim.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
get an EK bro....dun look at the age, honda's is a very well known & reliable brand, summore after the car is souped up & u might plan to sell it, the re-sale value is still there, summore the car featured in initial-d hehe....most of the cars featured in initial-d increased...look for example AE86, few yrs back can get less than rm17k, now the price a whopping rm50k(fully modified) for more than 20 yr old car......

anyways, the bottom line is, get the EK dude..

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
imo, the purpose of the car would give u the right answer. if ur buying a car to go to work, to do your daily chores, and to drive ur parents/gf/bf (lol just jk) around, then get a neo... a newer car would definitely give u less headache even if its a proton..

however, if u prefer an EK (which i would laa anyway), get ready to head to the workshop alot. reason being, the car is over 10 years old, wear/tear parts would start to give way, not to mention, the engine condition since u don't know the previous owner.

just my 2 cents.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan GT-R : A Day In Germany - Behind The Scene.
Even though Nissan has officially unveiled The Godzilla, but these "Behind The Scene" photos is worth of viewing. Some are never-seen-before images !

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience