GT Radial Champiro HPY

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the feedback taiko.. So do u recommend these tire or other better with the similar price range n performance. Mainly looking for comfort sport, put very low mileage on weekend awd wagon.
What size are you using?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Bro, all the brands that've been mentioned here and their respective models are relatively good. Champiro HPY/HPX, SX2, SX1, Michelin PS3, Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric, Neuton N8000, Achilles ATR Sport 2, etc.. all are good and all have their pros and cons. Ultimately it's all about how much you can afford.
Fuh! bro Izso know about GT Radial SX1, race tyre woh!....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ha? Vr2turbo : Apalu cakap? I've been following you for so long you think I still dunno what is sx1 mehhhhhhhh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ha? Vr2turbo : Apalu cakap? I've been following you for so long you think I still dunno what is sx1 mehhhhhhhh
But I seldom or did not mention SX1 before woh! only SX2.....hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Somebody like that actually exists :biggrin:

Btw I see many cars on neuton nowadays. Anybody using this brand?
Who ah?....:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

225/40/18 Nexen N8000, cannot use 45 as will rub fender leaf. Will it too hard on these Hpy?
On my VR the HPY are more bumpy than my Asy 2....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But I seldom or did not mention SX1 before woh! only SX2.....hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Who ah?....:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

On my VR the HPY are more bumpy than my Asy 2....:smokin:
But performance wise surely Assy 2 better? I think Asy 2 can only compete with SX2 but SX2 surely better?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But performance wise surely Assy 2 better? I think Asy 2 can only compete with SX2 but SX2 surely better?
Asy 2 is RM460 and HPY is RM320 last time for 215/45R17. Asy2 is better but more expensive also.
For bro. dayline 225/40R18 will cost much more....:driver:

SX2 better in traction, more expensive, more bumpy but this is his priorities...
"Mainly looking for comfort sport, put very low mileage on weekend awd wagon"
SX2 is overkill.....hahhahaha:rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So after 4 years of use, finally saying Goodbye to my GT Radial Champiro HPY. The rubber compound have harden, fine cracks have appeared on the thread pattern, grooves, traction have dropped greatly, shoulder pattern have bruising.

Shoulder pattern bruising/cracking

Grooves also have cracks

When the tyres were compress to remove from the rims, the sidewall cracked also

Conclusion:
As mentioned in the first part of this thread, the GT Radial have serve me very well. Traction and handling were good. Price cheaper than other branded UHP tyres. Is only the rubber compound did not last against our hot humid weather. The fine cracks and shoulder pattern bruising started after 3 years used. I have been holding on for another year until the 4th year before changing them out because they have become very bad already.
Of course if can finish the tyres before 3 years, worth using. I have recommended to a friend using 225/45R17 in his PUG308T, and he did mention value for money. He finished them is 2 years and on his second set already....

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm how many km of usage? Treads still quite thick actually.
My F1-D5 last time had a lot less cracks but a lot less tread left (shoulder almost bald and middle approaching the marker) and lots of chipping until some can see the nylons/belts inside. I used them for about 50k km in around 3.5yrs.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cannot remember the mileage since I travel less the last 2 years. But for those who wants durability, no point keeping tyres pass 4 years as the compound will harden and traction will be less......

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Cannot remember the mileage since I travel less the last 2 years. But for those who wants durability, no point keeping tyres pass 4 years as the compound will harden and traction will be less......
I suspect with that amount of tread left, you have only used them for about 30+k km.
Yes exactly! That's why I keep saying no point looking for durability but go for performance tires unless you are a taxi driver!

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But you will be surprised still have many going for durability.

Like I mentioned before my ex lady colleague who drives a few km to work daily. After 5 years still have like 80 to 90 pattern. Outstation use husband's car. Then when she sold her car, use car dealer came pick up her car, drive on federal highway, one tyre burst.......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
But you will be surprised still have many going for durability.

Like I mentioned before my ex lady colleague who drives a few km to work daily. After 5 years still have like 80 to 90 pattern. Outstation use husband's car. Then when she sold her car, use car dealer came pick up her car, drive on federal highway, one tyre burst.......lol
See 99.9% of people are not like you and me, they think tire is just all the same black rubber donut to roll on dirt and shit on the road, so why spent much money on them? Since have to pay some money, then become very cheapskate and want to get the longest usage out of them to avoid paying again. People rather spend on bling2 stupid rims but settle for shitty tires coz they look cool! :stupid:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car's body kits for primary purpose are used as cosmetic tools for your car yet they have a potential of implicating a dramatical change in the appearance of the car.However applying just a body kit and assuming that car modification job has been performed very well is a misconception many amature car modifiers bear.One should always choose a body kit best aligning with the lines of your car.Kits requiring spray and paint should be properly sprayed or one should be prepared to spend extra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience