GT Radial Champiro HPY

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Oh my, sorry....typo

Not reckless, just have power and fast enough to overtake before reaching the top which is blind to me, for on coming cars. Those days car mostly NA no power mah! Nowadays most have power dy as many coming out with turbo as standard.....:driver:
Must be a very long straight uphill since you said can see far ahead and still overtake 14 cars at one go.

But older days, NA power got VTEC, MIVEC those. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not as much as nowadays......lol:biggrin:
Well, like you said, turbocharged cars are getting more common now. Although are they really good in long run remains to be seen as turbo engines require extra care. Most normal people don't bother too much on engine stuff.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Well, like you said, turbocharged cars are getting more common now. Although are they really good in long run remains to be seen as turbo engines require extra care. Most normal people don't bother too much on engine stuff.
I don't know why people always think turbo cars need extra care. What extra care? I change oil same as my NA cars. Probably those drivers always trash their car but I don't see it as higher maintenance. Nowadays newer turbo seems to be giving good mileage also as oppose to our old school turbo....:driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I don't know why people always think turbo cars need extra care. What extra care? I change oil same as my NA cars. Probably those drivers always trash their car but I don't see it as higher maintenance. Nowadays newer turbo seems to be giving good mileage also as oppose to our old school turbo....:driver:
Who knows, turbo syok....boost all the way from North to South. lol...:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Turbo servicing? 2 weeks ago, I chatted with sifu Titanrev about turbo cars. He told me turbo engines need to care a lot of things like oil temperature, water temperature. Need to check if charge pipe loose or not loose. He said got one time he is driving his WRX at 260kph, suddenly lose boost because his by pass valve vacuum hose fly out. Maybe these are only common with old school turbo engines with high boost?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Turbo servicing? 2 weeks ago, I chatted with sifu Titanrev about turbo cars. He told me turbo engines need to care a lot of things like oil temperature, water temperature. Need to check if charge pipe loose or not loose. He said got one time he is driving his WRX at 260kph, suddenly lose boost because his by pass valve vacuum hose fly out. Maybe these are only common with old school turbo engines with high boost?
Take care meaning don't overheat loh! he do 260 like max out dy..........hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hello, if so easy over heat all turbo engine die already loh........
So, I guess this thing depends on what boost level that the engine is running, whether the cooling system is effective or not...

Not only Titanrev told me about overheating. My relative who drives 350Z said before he joined Evo and STI owners on touge run. He said their cars are fast and hard to chase. But after going fast for some time, all of them stop by at roadside to rest because water temperature is overheating. :bawling:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
So, I guess this thing depends on what boost level that the engine is running, whether the cooling system is effective or not...

Not only Titanrev told me about overheating. My relative who drives 350Z said before he joined Evo and STI owners on touge run. He said their cars are fast and hard to chase. But after going fast for some time, all of them stop by at roadside to rest because water temperature is overheating. :bawling:
Stock turbo cars shouldn't have any issues of overheating even after a long and hard run as these cars are designed to run to the limit without any issues however i wouldn't say the same for the 'modified' turbo cars. Most probably those 'evos and stis' u mentioned are with 'modified' engine thus resulting overheating issues after a hard run:driver:.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
My Pomen got mention to me. Don always on positive boost...turbo help you reach desire kph faster. If full boost all the way... think need to stop. Can kongg....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Stock turbo cars shouldn't have any issues of overheating even after a long and hard run as these cars are designed to run to the limit without any issues however i wouldn't say the same for the 'modified' turbo cars. Most probably those 'evos and stis' u mentioned are with 'modified' engine thus resulting overheating issues after a hard run:driver:.
Now I know. As long as sticking to factory specs, everything should be fine, provided that all parts are not faulty and running well. I actually thought they can't endure boost for long periods of time.

My Pomen got mention to me. Don always on positive boost...turbo help you reach desire kph faster. If full boost all the way... think need to stop. Can kongg....
If keep continue boosting, sure over legal speed limit already. :biggrin: Unless on track, then maybe a bit hard to resist on keep boosting.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Now I know. As long as sticking to factory specs, everything should be fine, provided that all parts are not faulty and running well. I actually thought they can't endure boost for long periods of time.

If keep continue boosting, sure over legal speed limit already. :biggrin: Unless on track, then maybe a bit hard to resist on keep boosting.
Actually mod also no issue, they must have mod wrongly means boost power but not the cooling system.....lol Go google Veyron see how many radiators they have......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually mod also no issue, they must have mod wrongly means boost power but not the cooling system.....lol Go google Veyron see how many radiators they have......lol:biggrin:
10 if I am not mistaken. They included intercoolers in the count too...

Normally for turbo engines, which upgrade is more important for overall engine temperature. Radiator or intercooler?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience